foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
foobar2000 isn’t just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn’t mess with fancy buttons or bright colors. Instead of to prefer a utilitarian, straightforward user interface it lets the music speak for itself.
foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window.
Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song.
In foobar2000 you’ll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art. Furthermore, you can synchronize it with portable players including iPods.
foobar2000 Main features:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in version 1.4 Beta 2:
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Added output mode switcher toolbar item to Default User Interface.
- Converter improvements:
- Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional; they’re deleted by default.
- New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
- ReplayGain scanner improvements:
- Apply gain to file content feature now runs in multiple threads and supports MP2 content
- Added command to manually manipulate Opus header gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
- Playlist and Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Reworked Default User Interface Preferences pages; improved options for minimize and close behaviors.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes (beta 2).
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999 (beta 2).
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect tags being read from certain multi-chapter MP4 files (beta 3).
Homepage – http://www.foobar2000.org
Size: 3.77 MB