foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
foobar2000 isn’t just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn’t mess with fancy buttons or bright colors. Instead of to prefer a utilitarian, straightforward user interface it lets the music speak for itself.
foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window.
Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song.
In foobar2000 you’ll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art. Furthermore, you can synchronize it with portable players including iPods.
foobar2000 Main features:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND… and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Server 2003, 2008, 2012 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in version 1.3.17:
- Fixed horrible, horrible bug with Ctrl+A “select all” handler in edit boxes stealing altgr+a making it impossible to type “ą”.
- Made possible to retag MP4/M4A files without ‘ftyp’ header.
- Prevented decoding of broken MP3 frames that overlap with apparent file tags.
- Allowed decoding of WAV files with sample rates above 1MHz.
- Converter: Made format list sorting remembered.
- Fixed tags not being read from certain WAV files.
- Internal fixes to allow foo_input_exe/foo_input_ffmpeg decoding of HLS & RTMP streams.
- Added internal IMA ADPCM decoder for specific WAV files that system codec refuses to process.
Homepage – http://www.foobar2000.org
Size: 3.77 MB