DVBViewer Pro allows you to experience Digital TV on your PC. With a proper DVB card or a SAT>IP Server you can enter the world of digital entertainment and experience high quality, incredibly sharp TV pictures and near CD quality radio!
It provides all basic functions you need to enjoy digital television and radio programs. In addition to the basic features you need to enjoy digital television and radio programs. The DVBViewer also offers a wide range of advanced features.
A complete skinable surface allows you to control the program. Services like Teletext, HbbTV, MHEG-5 can be used, as well as recording via a electronic programming guide. The parallel usage of multiple devices is one of te core competences.
Ingenious algorithms, usually used to optimize complicated work flows of industrial processes, are used to manage your available devices.
DVBViewer contains functions which are groundbreaking: It was the first program which offered HDTV on a PC and by now it also supports Ultra HDTV. As worldwide exclusive PC application it is also capapable to present additional services via HbbTV or MHEG-5.
A configurable multi media center allows you to manage your own music and videofiles, even comfortable with a remote while sitting on a couch. With modern graphic adapters and intelligent Algorithms (Lanczos, Mitchell-Netravali, Nearest Neighbor etc.) the DVBViewer teases the maximum out of your TV stations and videos.
You can use almost every available TV-card, USB-TV receiver or USB Stick in combination with the DVBViewer. The ammount of parallel used adapters is only limited by the available ports of your PC. Besides regular DVB adapters you can also use SAT>IP Servers inside the DVBViewer. If you are still unsure, try the free demo version today and convince yourself.
- Added/Change/Fix: EPG Window: Various enhancements on the Timeline tab, particularly for people who like to use it for channel selection:
- Change: Playing a channel by clicking the channel button now only requires a single left click (previously a double click, which is still required for channel switching via the EPG item buttons). A right-click on a channel button allows to select the channel for Picture in Picture via the context menu.
- Added: Possibility to select a channel and scroll it into view by typing the first letters of the channel name. If the interval between two subsequent keypresses is more than half a second, the key buffer is cleared and a new search started with the next input.
- Added: The Timeline now marks the currently selected channel (not necessarily played channel) with a yellow frame around the channel button, so the selection remains visible even if the channel has no EPG or the selected EPG item has been scrolled out of view.
- Added: Two new items in the Timeline context menu:
- Simple Timeline View (previously only available as tweak) switches to the timeline style of version 6.1.2 and earlier. It lists more channels in a given area, because the lines contain no EPG sub-heading, thus requiring less space. Additionally the simple view doesn’t use different colors for indicating the genre of programs.
- Show Channel Logos: Displays channel logos in the timeline instead of channel names (provided logos are installed and available for the channels). Please note that logos can’t be displayed in the simple timeline view because there is not enough space for them. As substitute DVBViewer adds tuner type icons to the channel names.
- Fix/Change: The width of the channel name column and the height of the header row (containing the time) on the Timeline tab were not scaled according to the Windows text size. In “simple timeline view off” and “show channel logos off” mode channel names are now displayed with word wrap in up to three lines, thus showing long channel names completely.
- Change/Added: The filter dropdown list on the “EPG at…” and “Timeline” tab has been replaced by a button. It opens a popup menu containing the filter options “Only TV Channels”, “Only Radio Channels”, “Only Favorites” and on the Timeline tab additionally “Only Channels With EPG”, allowing to also include channels without EPG. The options can be combined arbitrarily, except “Only TV Channels” and “Only Radio Channels”, which are mutually exclusive.
- Added: EPG/Teletext: Tweak “Remove (German) gender-neutral language” (→ launch Tweaker.exe). If activated, it replaces German forms of gender-neutral language in the EPG and teletext by generic forms, either masculine or feminine: 0 = unchanged (default), 1 = masculine (Musiker*innen → Musiker), 2 = feminine (Musiker*innen → Musikerinnen). Please note that the setting is applied to EPG data when it is received, not to data already stored in the file epg.dat. Thus it may take time until a change fully takes effect, unless the file is deleted.
- Added: Channel List: Tweak “Use tuner type icons in channel lists” (→ launch Tweaker.exe). It replaces the media type icons (video/audio) in channel lists by tuner type icons indicating the reception type (DVB-S/T/C or Internet TV/radio. This is useful if the channel list contains a mix of channels from different sources.
- Change: Channel List: The root folder and Video/Audio sub-folder icons in the channel list have been replaced by other icons.
- Fix: Channel List: The Picture-in-Picture button in channel list toolbars was always disabled and wrongly showed “Back” as hint on mouse over.
- Added: Channel Editor: If a (TS) stream channel list entry is selected or New → Stream has been performed and the Address input line is the active element, Ctrl + U copies the URL of the currently played stream / the file path of the currently played file to this input line. This allows to copy the URL of a HbbTV video to the channel list, for example. Previously HbbTV URLs could only be retrieved from the DVBViewer.log after playing the video in debug mode.
- Fix: TV/Radio Playback: Playback → Rebuild Playback did not work if a live stream was played that was not present in the channel list, particularly internet TV/radio channels that were automatically started from German DVB-T2 HbbTV. Additionally, after switching playback off, these channels could not be played again without tuning another channel first.
- Removed: TV/Radio Options: Needless “Channel plus/minus switching delay” checkbox. The delay can as well be switched off by setting it to zero.
- Fix: TS Stream: Channels using the HLS format were played and recorded without audio if the broadcaster used MP4 segments that contained both video and audio, not separate segments.
- Fix: Recorder: Options → Recordings → Auto split on channel data change was not handled correctly, particularly in case of dynamic program switching by the broadcaster, as performed by the German ARD when switching to regional editions of a program and back to the main program.
- Fix: Recorder: Memory leak on each recording start.
- Fix: Timeshift: Timeshift was stopped unnecessarily on video/audio A/B switching.
- Fix: Timeshift: Unnecessary warnings when using Stop in timeshift mode (supposed to stop timeshift when it is active).
- Change: Main Window: The main window now automatically becomes the foreground window (by temporarily switching to “always on top”), if an urgent message appears in the OSD, e.g. announcing a shutdown after a timer recording.
- Added: Main Window: If the support for visual impaired users is active, the text panel with EPG information that covers the TV picture can now be hidden / shown by pressing Ctrl + Enter, without affecting other features for the visual impaired. Previously it was not possible to switch the text panel off except by deactivating the support for the visual impaired completely.
- Fix: OSD: If DVBViewer was started with activated support for visual impaired users (implicating a deactivated OSD), switching the support off did not reactivate the OSD. It required a DVBViewer restart.
- Change: OSD: The Recordings page now also displays the year of the recording date (previously only day and month).
- • Fix: UPnP Selection Window: Toggling the “Show Thumbnails” option in the context menu let DVBViewer freeze, if the item list on the right was empty.
- • Fix: Picture in Picture: Timing issue if Picture in Picture was started on a second monitor with the EVR as video renderer, causing playback to remain in stopped state.
- • Added: Remote Control: A simulated keyboard keypress on each remote control keypress signals user presence to Windows, thus letting it return from “Away Mode”.
- • Change: HbbTV: Some optimizations.
- • Change: Plugins: Measures against “evil “plugins stealing the DVBViewer input focus when they get initialized, particularly on recording/timeshift and picture-in-picture start
- • Change: Hardware: DVBViewer now avoids unnecessary automatic TS Stream device creation on internal device availability checks.
What’s New in DVBViewer Pro 220.127.116.11:
- Change: General: HTTP Wiki URLs in DVBViewer and the German and English language files have been changed to HTTPS.
- Fix: Recording Timers Options: DVBViewer did not keep the “Include Teletext, DVB Subtitles…” etc. settings after a restart.
- Fix: COM Interface: The interface for adding timers was not compatible with old add-ons (particularly Zappi).
- Fix: Channel List: DVBViewer did not not show EPG hints on mouse over, though “Show EPG Hints” in the context menu was switched on (applies to the Popup channel list and the Channel List, EPG and Timer Recordings window).
- Fix: Favorites Menu: The items did not show EPG hints on mouse over anymore, after a hint appeared in a tree view or list view.
- Fix: TS Stream: DVBViewer displayed no EPG for TS Stream channels delivered via HTTP by receivers/servers like Dreambox or VU+.
- Fix: EPG Window: Wrong channel assignment on the “EPG per Channel” tab after changes in the Channel Editor. The wrong channel was displayed in the details after selecting an EPG item and also assigned to scheduled recordings that were created from this tab (see here).
- Fix: Timeshift: Stuttering timeshift playback if the timeshift recording was located on a (remote) network share, due to an insufficient read buffer size.
- Added: Media Server Client: Tweak “Allow timeshift delegation to a remote Media Server” (→ launch Tweaker.exe). Enables DVBViewer to delegate timeshift recordings to a Media Server on another PC. EXPERIMENTAL! The “Delegate timeshift recordings” tweak must also be switched on. Additionally the Media Server MUST be configured to write timeshift recordings to a shared directory with a network (UNC) path (see Media Server Options -> Recordings). Please note: There is no protection against incorrect usage!
- Fix: Media Server Client: DVBViewer could not connect to a Media Server that is protected by username and password. If a username and password for the Media Server was set up on Options -> DVBViewer Media Server, DVBViewer did not respond anymore to user actions for some seconds after receiving a message from the Media Server
- Fix: OSD: The OSD record indicator was not updated on recording start/stop if the main window toolbar was hidden (particularly in full screen mode).
- Fix: MHEG-5: MHEG-5 did not work with the HbbTV/MHEG-5 add-on, though the HbbTV/MHEG-5 add-on was installed.
- Fix: Hardware Options: The tuner type selection has been re-enabled for HDHomeRun devices. It is required because the tuner type information exposed by the driver is ambiguous
What’s New in DVBViewer Pro 18.104.22.168:
- Fix: Recorder: A filename clash could let recordings write to the same file under certain timing conditions
- Added: General: Basic support for the Chinese video format AVS3, so that channels that are using this format can be found with a channel search, received and recorded, but not played yet
What’s New in DVBViewer Pro 22.214.171.124:
- Fix: General: DVBViewer.exe, KeyTool.exe and SupportTool.exe did not start if ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) was activated in the Windows 10 Defender settings as additional protection measure.
- Fix: Recorder: EPG data was not included in recordings, though the corresponding option was switched on.
- Fix: Recorder: Under certain conditions internet radio timer recordings yielded a file with the wrong extension .mp2 instead of .mp3.
- Fix: Recorder: The executable check for timer recordings could not handle more than 16 recordings running at the same time. Additional recordings were wrongly marked as “not executable”, though a tuner was available for them
- Fix: Recorder: Timers that started at midnight (00:00, including the lead time) were backdated one day under certain conditions.
- Added: Recorder: Logging of lost data that arrives, but can not be written to disk for some reason. “Lost Data” events appear in the recording log (if enabled), and additionally the overall amount of lost data in the DVBViewer.log.
- Fix: File Playback: Files with .mpg as file extension in their name or URL, that actually contained a transport stream, could not be played with the DVBViewer Filter. Particularly TS files provided via UPnP were affected.
- Fix: CD Playback: Audio CDs with an additional data track (e.g. containing a video) could not be played.
- Fix: Playlist: Switching endless playback off did not take effect
- Fix: DVBViewer Filter: Wrong calculation of the AAC frame duration, causing wrong time stamps when playing .aac audio files. Additionally a wrong media type was signaled to decoders in certain cases.
- Fix: TS Stream: Audio playback of HLS streams with multiple audio tracks started much later than video under certain timing conditions and caused a memory leak.
- Fix: TS Stream: DVBViewer froze when tuning a HLS stream whose master playlist contained a line beginning with “#EXT-X-MEDIA:TYPE=CLOSED-CAPTIONS…”.
- Fix: TS Stream: Non-ASCII characters in URLs were not encoded as UTF-8, when sent to the server, but as language-specific ANSI
- Fix: DVBViewer Actions: The Favorite Plus/Minus action numbers were swapped in the file actions.ini (Favorite Plus=20 ,Favorite Minus=21 instead of the correct assignment Favorite Minus=20 Favorite Plus=21).
- Fix: Downloader: The Downloader ignored folders in ZIP archives, particularly affecting the installation of weather images.
- Fix: Main Window: Visual flaws after switching View → Show Frame off/on if View → Show Title Bar is switched on.
- Fix: OSD/Options: Several issues on the OSD Weather and News pages and the corresponding Option pages.
- Fix: OSD: The OSD list of recordings did not remember the last selected item and did not scroll it into view when opened again
- Added/Fix: HbbTV: Support for gzip-compressed files delivered by HbbTV servers, thus avoiding issues if they use compression, though DVBViewer as client did not signal acceptance for it (see here).
- Fix: Channel Editor: The Category Settings → Sort Content Alphabetically button was erroneously disabled in certain cases where more than one category folder is selected.
- Fix: EPG Window: The internet search in the search bar did not work correctly with some sites. Please delete the old file EPG_URLList.ini in the configuration folder! On next start DVBViewer will copy the new file version from the program directory\Default to the configuration folder.
- Fix: DirectX Options: Changing the MP3 audio decoder did not rebuild live playback (particularly in case of internet radio).
- Fix: Media Server Options: Checking “Enable support for the DVBViewer Media Server” activated the Download buttons, though they were not yet functioning due to a missing “Apply” that actually puts the support into effect.
- Fix: Favorites Menu: Ampersand characters (&) in channel names appeared as underscore in the favorites menu.
- Added/Change: Transponder Lists: A “DVB-T2 Europe” transponder list has been added to the setup. “DVB-T Deutschland” has been replaced by “DVB-T2 Deutschland” and “DVB-T United Kingdom” by “DVB-T2 United Kingdom”. In DVB-T2 lists all frequencies are flagged as DVB-T2
- Fix: Hardware: Bad book keeping of TbsCIapi.dll instances, that are needed for using TBS devices with CI. It could cause a crash if more than one instance (TbsCIapi.dll, TbsCIapi1.dll, TbsCIap2i.dll…) was used, particularly when switching between two encrypted channels requiring two TBS tuners with different CAMs (see ).
- Change: Hardware: If channel switching in the main or PiP window implies a tuner change, DVBViewer now first releases the used tuner, before allocating a new one. Previously there was a short period of overlapping usage of both tuners.
Homepage – https://www.dvbviewer.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Pentium 4 or Athlon 1700MHz or above (2GHz is preferred)
- 512 MB or above
- nVidia GeForce, ATI Radeon, Matrox G400 or better.