DVBViewer Pro allows you to experience Digital TV on your PC. With a proper DVB card or a SAT>IP Server you can enter the world of digital entertainment and experience high quality, incredibly sharp TV pictures and near CD quality radio!
It provides all basic functions you need to enjoy digital television and radio programs. In addition to the basic features you need to enjoy digital television and radio programs. The DVBViewer also offers a wide range of advanced features.
A complete skinable surface allows you to control the program. Services like Teletext, HbbTV, MHEG-5 can be used, as well as recording via a electronic programming guide. The parallel usage of multiple devices is one of te core competences.
Ingenious algorithms, usually used to optimize complicated work flows of industrial processes, are used to manage your available devices.
DVBViewer contains functions which are groundbreaking: It was the first program which offered HDTV on a PC and by now it also supports Ultra HDTV. As worldwide exclusive PC application it is also capapable to present additional services via HbbTV or MHEG-5.
A configurable multi media center allows you to manage your own music and videofiles, even comfortable with a remote while sitting on a couch. With modern graphic adapters and intelligent Algorithms (Lanczos, Mitchell-Netravali, Nearest Neighbor etc.) the DVBViewer teases the maximum out of your TV stations and videos.
You can use almost every available TV-card, USB-TV receiver or USB Stick in combination with the DVBViewer. The ammount of parallel used adapters is only limited by the available ports of your PC. Besides regular DVB adapters you can also use SAT>IP Servers inside the DVBViewer. If you are still unsure, try the free demo version today and convince yourself.
- Fix: Recording Playback: Recordings of a local Media Server on the same PC were not accessed directly (as intended), but via Media Server streaming (since version 7.2.0).
- Fix: EPG: The import of external EPG data via Xepg did not work anymore (since 220.127.116.11).
- Added: OSD: “Only With EPG / Also Without EPG” option in the OSD timeline context menu, that appears after pressing OSD Blue / F8. It specifies if only channels with EPG or also channels without EPG are displayed in the timeline (see here).
What’s New in DVBViewer Pro 18.104.22.168:
- Fix: TS Stream: Work-around for erroneous time stamp headers in HLS segments of additional audio tracks provided by German ARD channels, that caused audio drop-outs.
- Fix: TS Stream: Teletext data in HLS segments of AAC audio tracks provided as separate stream was mistaken for audio.
- Fix: Recorder: Under certain timing conditions the recorder detected the wrong AAC type when a channel with LOAS/LATM AAC audio was recorded. It caused permanently changing wrong format information in the recording log, but without disturbing TS recordings.
- Added: Recording Statistics Window: Display of the recording log (if available) in the Details panel of the Recordings tab. The “Show Recording Log” item in the context menu of the Details view or Ctrl+L allow to toggle between EPG details and recording log display for the selected recording. The font for the log display can be selected with the Fonts → Recording Log item of the context menu.
- Fix: Recording: Missing path and filename of the recording in the recording log.
- Fix: File Playback: Media files on mapped network and local drives drives could not be played if DVBViewer was configured as client of a Media Server on another PC and Options → DVBViewer Media Server → Connect to the server’s recording list was switched on (since version 7.1.1).
- Fix: Recording Playback: Recordings of a remote Media Server that were made available on the DVBViewer PC by means of a mapped network drive with the same drive letter as the original (physical) disk were not accessed directly (as intended), but via Media Server streaming.
- Added/Fix/Change: Support for visually impaired users: Corrections and additions in the text panel for the visually impaired, that appears in the Main Window if Options → Extended → Support for visually impaired users (JAWS) is switched on
- Radio text is displayed in the second line below the channel name, if available.
- The recording status that was previously displayed in the second line has been removed (there was a bug anyway). The status of timers (deactivated, waiting, timeshift, recording).is now displayed at the beginning of each entry in the timer list that appears at the end of the text panel.
- The text panel is now displayed with black text on white background, not white on black anymore, in order to avoid screen reader errors.
- Added/Change: Support for visually impaired users: If Options → Extended → Support for visually impaired users (JAWS) is switched on, main window audio is now muted if another DVBViewer window gets activated (gets the input focus), but is switched on again as soon as the main window gets the input focus back, without having to close the other window first. Additionally the muting can be switched off completely in Options -> Extended with a new checkbox “Mute main window while another DVBViewer window is active”.
- Fix: Support for visually impaired users: If the support for visually impaired users was switched on, DVBViewer still used different background colors and icons in list views at various locations, instead of displaying them in a simple black on white style for facilitating screen reader usage.
- Change: Recordings: If a recording is deleted by or in DVBViewer, directories that were automatically created for this recording due to path elements in the file naming scheme (e.g. %year\%m\%event\…) are now deleted too if they are empty after deletion of the recording. This also applies to timeshift recordings. Please note that Windows may prevent the deletion of empty directories in case of access conflicts e.g. with the Explorer.
- Added: Recordings: Under the following conditions DVBViewer informs the Media Server about a recording executed by itself (not by the Media Server), so that it also appears in the Media Server recording list:
- DVBViewer is associated with a Media Server (see Options → DVBViewer Media Server), that it located on the same PC.
- Options → DVBViewer Media Server → Connect to the server’s recording list is switched on.
- The recording directory used by DVBViewer is also a Media Server recording directory.
Even if DVBViewer is associated with a Media Server, it may execute recordings itself, either because Options → DVBViewer Media Server → Send Timers to the Server is switched off, or because DVBViewer has to do the job for technical reasons, e.g. if the recording is actually a file download or a recording from the timeshift buffer. When the Media Server gets informed about such a recording, it copies the corresponding DVBViewer recording database entry to its own database. This saves performing a recording database update in the Media Server for including such recordings.
- Fix/Change: Recordings: Several adjustments and corrections concerning the handling of recordings, particularly for implementing the feature above.
- Added: Recording: Tweak “Convert LOAS/LATM to ADTS for AAC recordings” (→ launch Tweaker.exe). For recordings with the file extension .aac it may be useful to let DVBViewer convert a broadcasted LOAS/LATM container to the older ADTS container for compatibility with certain software/devices, particularly editing software like mp3DirectCut.
- Fix: Recording Statistics Window: Opening an Explorer window with the content of the current recording folder by clicking the path displayed on the Recording Status tab did not work if the path contained Unicode characters that are not available in the local character set..
- Change: Databases: Optimized handling of the recording, media and music database.
- Fix/Change: Audio Playback/Recording: Some fixes and enhancements concerning the processing of AAC audio.
- Added: Radio Text (RDS): Detection of RDS data that is not contained in the audio data, but in a separate stream, as used by German ARD radio channels after changing the audio format from MP2 to AAC. DVBViewer automatically sets the RDS flag and adds the PID of the RDS stream as teletext PID. It can be inspected in the Channel Editor. Additionally DVBViewer is now able to include such RDS streams in recordings and display the radio text on playback, provided the radio recording format is TS and Options → Recording Timers → Include Teletext is switched on.
- Fix: Radio Text (RDS): Radio text contained in a recorded MP2 or TS file was not displayed in the OSD (only in the control bar).
- Fix: Radio Text (RDS): Wrong conversion to Unicode if the local (language-specific) Windows character set is not Windows Western European.
- Change: Audio Playback: On playback of radio recordings in MP2, MP3, AC3 or AAC format DVBViewer now retrieves displayed metadata (like title and description) from the recording database or the EPG Info File. Previously DVBViewer only looked for tags in the file, which are usually not present in recordings.
- Added: File Playback: EPG data contained in a recording in TS format is now displayed in the OSD Media Window (after pressing OSD OK or the Return key) and additionally in case of radio recordings as radio text at the top of the video window, provided the DVBViewer Filter is used for TS playback (see Options → Playback Components → DVBViewer Filter).
DVBViewer and the Media Server include Now/Next EPG data in TS recordings if Options → Recording Timers → Include EPG Data is switched on. Please note that recorded EPG data may change during playback, in contrast to the static EPG data stored in the recording database and the EPG Info files. This particularly applies to internet radio, for which DVBViewer transforms the broadcasted metadata (like artist and title) to EPG data.
- Added: Video Playback: If no metadata (like title, description etc.) can be found for a played video in the recording and media database, DVBViewer now uses data provided by the LAV source filter (splitter), if available. This particular applies to MP4 and MKV videos. The data appears in the OSD Media Window after pressing OSD OK or the Return key.
- Added: Channel Logos: Support for a new logo administration that spares providing the same logo several times with different filenames for different channel names (e.g. BBC One Scot, BBC One Lon…). In future only one logo file will be needed in this case, plus a file LogoNames.ini that assigns channel names to logo files.
- Change: Channel Logos: Enhanced assignment of logos to channel names. It may find more or better matches by unifying the strings before comparison, particularly by replacing “+” by “plus” and removing all characters that are no letters or digits.
- Fix: OSD: Vertical text misalignment in the Movies, Music, Playlist, Images and UPnP list views.
- Change: EPG: Up to now DVBViewer appended extensive technical information originating from EPG data to the long EPG description (e.g. aspect ratio, video format, available audio tracks, subtitles etc.), often occupying several text lines. It has now been reduced to the most important facts that may change per program. They only occupy a single line and use the following symbols/abbreviations for what is signaled in the EPG:
- [4:3] [16:9] Program aspect ratio
- [3D] 3D transmission
- [HDR] High Dynamic Range video
- [OA] Original audio provided
- [5.1] Multi-channel (surround) audio provided
- [SUB] Subtitles provided
- [AD] Audio description for the visually impaired provided
- [age+] Recommended minimum age, e.g. [16+]
- [PDC day.month hour:minute] Originally intended program start time. The Program Delivery Control is used by the Media Server for program recognition and EPG monitoring.
Please note that this information is not always reliable. Unfortunately some broadcasters handle this EPG based information quite carelessly, e.g. signal a wrong aspect ratio or indicate subtitles for all programs if they are only available for some programs. The new format is applied to newly received EPG entries, not to already stored entries.
- Change: EPG/Teletext: Further enhancements for the “Remove (German) gender-neutral language” function (see 7.1.0 changes).
- Fix: TS Stream: Erroneous confusion of the HTTP Location header (used for redirections to another URL) with other headers that also contain the sub-string “location:”.
- Added: Hardware: Support for assigning up to 4 CI modules in the settings dialog of RTSP network devices for Digital Devices Sat>IP servers (previously only 2).
- Added: Hardware: On hardware detection DVBViewer creates an additional DVB-C tuner entry for the TBS 5881 hybrid USB Box. This measure saves tweaking the tuner type for DVB-C reception.
- Fix: Hardware: If the DVB-T2 substream (PLP) ID is undefined, DVBViewer does not set it to 0 anymore as default for TBS devices, which prevented auto-detection in the driver and DVB-T2 reception in Austria, where the substream ID is 1 throughout. Now the TBS API call is omitted in this case (see here).
- Added/Change/Fix: EPG Window: Various enhancements on the Timeline tab, particularly for people who like to use it for channel selection:
- Change: Playing a channel by clicking the channel button now only requires a single left click (previously a double click, which is still required for channel switching via the EPG item buttons). A right-click on a channel button allows to select the channel for Picture in Picture via the context menu.
- Added: Possibility to select a channel and scroll it into view by typing the first letters of the channel name. If the interval between two subsequent keypresses is more than half a second, the key buffer is cleared and a new search started with the next input.
- Added: The Timeline now marks the currently selected channel (not necessarily played channel) with a yellow frame around the channel button, so the selection remains visible even if the channel has no EPG or the selected EPG item has been scrolled out of view.
- Added: Two new items in the Timeline context menu:
- Simple Timeline View (previously only available as tweak) switches to the timeline style of version 6.1.2 and earlier. It lists more channels in a given area, because the lines contain no EPG sub-heading, thus requiring less space. Additionally the simple view doesn’t use different colors for indicating the genre of programs.
- Show Channel Logos: Displays channel logos in the timeline instead of channel names (provided logos are installed and available for the channels). Please note that logos can’t be displayed in the simple timeline view because there is not enough space for them. As substitute DVBViewer adds tuner type icons to the channel names.
- Fix/Change: The width of the channel name column and the height of the header row (containing the time) on the Timeline tab were not scaled according to the Windows text size. In “simple timeline view off” and “show channel logos off” mode channel names are now displayed with word wrap in up to three lines, thus showing long channel names completely.
- Change/Added: The filter dropdown list on the “EPG at…” and “Timeline” tab has been replaced by a button. It opens a popup menu containing the filter options “Only TV Channels”, “Only Radio Channels”, “Only Favorites” and on the Timeline tab additionally “Only Channels With EPG”, allowing to also include channels without EPG. The options can be combined arbitrarily, except “Only TV Channels” and “Only Radio Channels”, which are mutually exclusive.
- Added: EPG/Teletext: Tweak “Remove (German) gender-neutral language” (→ launch Tweaker.exe). If activated, it replaces German forms of gender-neutral language in the EPG and teletext by generic forms, either masculine or feminine: 0 = unchanged (default), 1 = masculine (Musiker*innen → Musiker), 2 = feminine (Musiker*innen → Musikerinnen). Please note that the setting is applied to EPG data when it is received, not to data already stored in the file epg.dat. Thus it may take time until a change fully takes effect, unless the file is deleted.
- Added: Channel List: Tweak “Use tuner type icons in channel lists” (→ launch Tweaker.exe). It replaces the media type icons (video/audio) in channel lists by tuner type icons indicating the reception type (DVB-S/T/C or Internet TV/radio. This is useful if the channel list contains a mix of channels from different sources.
- Change: Channel List: The root folder and Video/Audio sub-folder icons in the channel list have been replaced by other icons.
- Fix: Channel List: The Picture-in-Picture button in channel list toolbars was always disabled and wrongly showed “Back” as hint on mouse over.
- Added: Channel Editor: If a (TS) stream channel list entry is selected or New → Stream has been performed and the Address input line is the active element, Ctrl + U copies the URL of the currently played stream / the file path of the currently played file to this input line. This allows to copy the URL of a HbbTV video to the channel list, for example. Previously HbbTV URLs could only be retrieved from the DVBViewer.log after playing the video in debug mode.
- Fix: TV/Radio Playback: Playback → Rebuild Playback did not work if a live stream was played that was not present in the channel list, particularly internet TV/radio channels that were automatically started from German DVB-T2 HbbTV. Additionally, after switching playback off, these channels could not be played again without tuning another channel first.
- Removed: TV/Radio Options: Needless “Channel plus/minus switching delay” checkbox. The delay can as well be switched off by setting it to zero.
- Fix: TS Stream: Channels using the HLS format were played and recorded without audio if the broadcaster used MP4 segments that contained both video and audio, not separate segments.
- Fix: Recorder: Options → Recordings → Auto split on channel data change was not handled correctly, particularly in case of dynamic program switching by the broadcaster, as performed by the German ARD when switching to regional editions of a program and back to the main program.
- Fix: Recorder: Memory leak on each recording start.
- Fix: Timeshift: Timeshift was stopped unnecessarily on video/audio A/B switching.
- Fix: Timeshift: Unnecessary warnings when using Stop in timeshift mode (supposed to stop timeshift when it is active).
- Change: Main Window: The main window now automatically becomes the foreground window (by temporarily switching to “always on top”), if an urgent message appears in the OSD, e.g. announcing a shutdown after a timer recording.
- Added: Main Window: If the support for visual impaired users is active, the text panel with EPG information that covers the TV picture can now be hidden / shown by pressing Ctrl + Enter, without affecting other features for the visual impaired. Previously it was not possible to switch the text panel off except by deactivating the support for the visual impaired completely.
- Fix: OSD: If DVBViewer was started with activated support for visual impaired users (implicating a deactivated OSD), switching the support off did not reactivate the OSD. It required a DVBViewer restart.
- Change: OSD: The Recordings page now also displays the year of the recording date (previously only day and month).
- Fix: UPnP Selection Window: Toggling the “Show Thumbnails” option in the context menu let DVBViewer freeze, if the item list on the right was empty.
- Fix: Picture in Picture: Timing issue if Picture in Picture was started on a second monitor with the EVR as video renderer, causing playback to remain in stopped state.
- Added: Remote Control: A simulated keyboard keypress on each remote control keypress signals user presence to Windows, thus letting it return from “Away Mode”.
- Change: HbbTV: Some optimizations.
- Change: Plugins: Measures against “evil “plugins stealing the DVBViewer input focus when they get initialized, particularly on recording/timeshift and picture-in-picture start
- Change: Hardware: DVBViewer now avoids unnecessary automatic TS Stream device creation on internal device availability checks.
Homepage – https://www.dvbviewer.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Pentium 4 or Athlon 1700MHz or above (2GHz is preferred)
- 512 MB or above
- nVidia GeForce, ATI Radeon, Matrox G400 or better.