StrongDC++ is very easy to use. It brings up the Public Hubs and Connection Window then all you do is simply wait for the hub list to appear and double click a hub to connect to it. This client support separate downloading.
Direct Connect allows you to share files over the internet without restrictions or limits. Because StrongDC++ is a self contained C++ program it doesn’t need installing as such. Simply download and unzip the zip file, copy the contents into a directory and start application.
Often the description next to a hub name in the hub list will contain a summary of the rules of the hub. Some hubs are very much neo-modus only and will have the words NO DC++ in the description. Do not bother trying to connect to these hubs they will kick you out.
Main benefits of StrongDC++:
- Safe segmented downloading. Download one file from more users simultaneously without corruption! This way of downloading dramatically improves download speed, especially for fast connections, and it’s safer than classical downloading. Segment position and size are decided by file size and chunks speed.
- Connection between passive users. It allows connection between 2 passive users by using NAT Traversal technique which means that you can download from all users when in passive mode.
- Encryption. Allows encrypting of transferred data or server communication. It increases user’s security and prevents from limitations by your internet provider.
- Partial file sharing. Allows downloading and uploading parts of file which is being currently downloaded by you or other users. This increases download speed and file expanding over network.
- DHT Search engine. A hub independent and more effective Kademlia-like search engine. Publish users’ files outside of hub, so they can be found when you are not present in same hubs.
- Download/Upload speed limiter. Avoids a full line usage and leaves some speed for web browsing. Realise, that download speed limit is dependent on upload speed limit which is dependent on amount of opened slots/hubs.
- Automatic slow downloads disconnecting. Disconnects sources who speed is under certain value for certain time. If download speed during segmented downloading goes too low, the source is disconnected regardless the set value to avoid unnecessary slot usage.
- Customization. You can set sounds according to situation, change color scheme or icons, show popup balloons, see emoticons and many more…
Changes in StrongDC++ 2.42:
- DC++ 0.777 core synchronization
- added automatic incoming connection type detection
- stability fixes
- added option to disable Explorer theming in listviews and treeviews
- hopefully fixed throttling with very large speeds
- DHT fixes
- updated internal libraries (OpenSSL, BZip2, ZLIB, boost) – fixes some security issues
- removed STLPort dependency
- performance tweaks
- added support to set favorite hub encoding
- DC++ emulation is off by default (for non-favorite hubs)
- webserver encoding changed to utf-8
- webserver session timeout changed to 10 minutes
Homepage – http://strongdc.sourceforge.net
Size: 6.20 MB