Trojan Remover aids in the removal of Malware – Trojan Horses, Worms, Adware, Spyware – when standard anti-virus software either fails to detect them or fails to effectively eliminate them.
Standard antivirus programs are good at detecting this Malware, but not always so good at effectively removing it. Trojan Remover specifically disables and removes Malware without the user having to manually edit system files or the Registry.
The program also removes the additional system modifications some Malware carries out which are ignored by standard antivirus and trojan scanners. It scans ALL the files loaded at boot time for Adware, Spyware, Remote Access Trojans, Internet Worms and other malware.
This Anti-Trojan application also checks to see if Windows loads Services which are hidden by Rootkit techniques and warns you if it finds any.
For each identified Trojan Horse, Worm, or other malware, the program pops up an alert screen which shows the file location and name. It offers to remove the program’s reference from the system files and allows you to rename the file to stop its activation.
When it finds Malware that is memory-resident, Trojan Remover automatically re-starts (on request) your system. Then completely DISABLES the Malware before Windows restarts.
The program writes a detailed logfile every time it performs a scan. This logfile contains information on which programs load at boot-time, and what (if any) actions Trojan Remover carried out. You can view and print the logfile using Notepad.
Trojan Remover is set to automatically scan for Malware every time you start your PC. You can disable this automatic scan if you wish.
- NEW: the main program Help | About Trojan Remover | Version Info screen now shows whether any program component updates are available.
- FIX: removed intermittent false positive rootkitted file alert on an Open Hardware Monitor driver.
- FIX: under certain circumstances the Trojan Remover logfile was not being correctly written after a scan had been completed.
- FIX: if malware entries were identified in the HOSTS file Trojan Remover would fail to repair the file due to changes made in an earlier build. This has now been fixed.
Changes in Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2973:
- FIX: resolved a rare instance where database files might not update correctly.
- NEW: improved scanning of BootExecute entries.
- MOD: more efficient file signature checking.
- NEW: Updated Windows 10 version checks.
- FIX: if more than one program component update was available only the first component would be offered as an update.
Changes in Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2972:
- NEW: Updated Windows 10 version checks for May 2020 Update.
- FIX: an error in build 2971 meant that “Prompt for Action” when scanning folders was not showing the alert form so the User could not determine the action to take.
Changes in Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2971:
- Main Program 18.104.22.16871
- NEW: Scan progress is now shown visually in the taskbar icon.
- NEW: visual scan progress now shown when using the drive/folder scan.
- FIX: stopped the drive/folder scan from creating and then deleting numerous temporary shortcut files whilst extracting file icons for the folder display.
- Updater 22.214.171.1242
- NEW: improved download progress indication
- NEW: now handles XP/Vista updates separately to Windows 7 and above, so we can continue to support existing installations on those systems whilst allowing us to use later Windows routines not available on the earlier systems.
Changes in Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2970:
- Main Program 126.96.36.19970, FastScan 188.8.131.526.
- FIX: upated the fix to exclusion routines.
- FIX: the buttons on certain dialogs would not work if running on XP, following the update to 184.108.40.20669.
Changes in Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2969:
- Main Program 220.127.116.1169.
- FIX: corrected errors raised when trying to exclude files from scanning, if no previous exclusions existed.
- NEW: improved detection for Powershell file-less exploits.
- FIX: SAFE MODE default registry key restoral was not working correctly.
Changes in Trojan Remover 6.9.5 Build 2967:
- Main Program 18.104.22.16867, FastScan 22.214.171.1245, Updater 1.1.40.
- NEW: added alerting for Proxy Server if intercepting internet traffic on the local Loopback port (127.0.0.1). A Proxy Server active on any other port will not be alerted on, but details of the proxy will be added to the logfile.
- NEW: added Component Version information to the About Trojan Remover screen.
Homepage – https://www.simplysup.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 13.6 MB
The registration fee for Trojan Remover is US$24.95. This fee covers all database updates and future program updates for 1 year from the date of registration. The fee for renewals in subsequent years is currently set at US$17.95 per year. Registration allows installing Trojan Remover on up to 4 computers at any one time, for no extra charge.