ClamWin Free Antivirus is a Open Source Antivirus software for Windows, using the well-respected ClamAV scanning engine.
It includes virus scanner, scheduler, virus database updates, context menu integration to MS Windows Explorer and Add-in to MS Outlook.
Also it features easy setup program with command line interface for scanning files, updating the virus definitions, and a daemon for faster scanning needed on high performance systems.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is used by more than 600,000 users worldwide on a daily basis. You may download and use it absolutely free of charge.
Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
- Automatic downloads of Virus Database updates. ClamAV team regularly updates Virus Databases to include a new virus/variant immediately after it appears;
- Standalone Virus Scanner;
- Right-Click Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically. Built-in support for mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
- Built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
- Built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, and Petite.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is designed for Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Me, 2000, 98 and Windows Server 2012, 2008 and 2003.
Changes in ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.99.4:
- Fixed: Two newly reported vulnerabilities in the PDF parsing code.
- Other bug fixes
Homepage – http://www.clamwin.com
Size: 165 MB