BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition is the free antivirus that uses #1 ranked technology and is light on resources! It enables you to do whatever you enjoy doing most with your computer, while staying 100% safe from e-threats.
This program is called “artificial intelligence”. Because it will always find the best solution for your system without requiring configuration. And, more importantly, it does not impact on your system.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition will function automatically and take care of itself. So that you won’t have to check back or make phone maintenance each time a virus is detected.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition ensures the game at full speed! It knows when it’s time to quietly monitor in the background. But also when it can resume, once you hit “quit” in your MMORPG.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition works efficiently without requesting input from you. It is a truly intelligent product can take decisions by itself. You will have no checkboxes to tick and decisions to “ok”. No impact means not even a second of slanginess. Not on modern, nor on older PCs. With Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, scanning only takes place when your system is idle and known clean files are skipped.
BitDefender Antivirus Free Edition Features:
- Real-time Shield. The real time shield protects access to the entire system. This means that files are scanned as they are accessed or copied. For example, the files you just downloaded from the Internet are scanned immediately.
- Active Virus Control. It is an innovative proactive detection technology. It uses advanced heuristic methods to detect new potential threats in real time. And provides a layer of protection against new threats. It monitors each program running on your PC, as it executes, and notes malware-like actions.
- Intrusion Detection System. This technology represents the heuristic monitoring of the applications trying to access network services or the Internet.
- B-Have. It is a new technology, to reduce dependency on virus signatures through proactive detection of unknown threats. This technology is based on behavioral analysis in a virtualized environment. Hence, B-HAVE checks for characteristics known to be associated with malware.
- HTTP Scanning. Analyzes and blocks websites that support various scams or credit card phishing attempts.
- Anti-rootkit. Scans hidden malware also known as rootkits.
- Periodic Updates. Updates itself without any user intervention. Ensures an optimal level of protection against new threats.
- Early Boot Scanning. This technology ensures that the system is being scanned at boot time as soon as all critical services are loaded. The scope of early boot is to improve virus detection at system startup, while improving boot time also.
- Empty Slots Scanning. The Empty Slots technology detects short time intervals when the system usage is low, in order to perform other actions.
Supported Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 9.68 MB