WebSite-Watcher 2022 is a powerful yet simple website monitoring tool. It automatically checks web pages for updates and changes. Automate your daily routine, boost your productivity!
The program perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher 2022 allows you to monitor your favorite websites for updates and changes with a minimum of time and effort. This prevents you from visiting each page manually looking for changes. When changes in a page are detected, the program saves the last two versions to your hard disk and highlights all changes in the text.
Many features give you control, when and how a page should be monitored for updates. For example to get only an update notification when a specified keyword is available within the changed content.
WebSite-Watcher 2022 works as client on your computer, similar to an e-mail client. All bookmarks and configurations it will be store locally on your hard disk. The program doesn’t require any servers to check pages for updates and changes.
- All kind of Web Pages
- PDF / Word / Excel documents
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram pages
- Password protected pages
- RSS/ Atom feeds
- Makes screenshots of the pages and compare them to detect updates.
Website-Watcher check features:
- Flexible check intervals
- Perform pre-defined Actions
- Only get update notifications by keyword
- The integrated Filter Assistant lets you easily create filters.
- Add logic with plugins
Lots of other features:
- Smartphone / App
- Send e-mails
- Create reports
- Archive pages
- Synchronize bookmarks
- Many more powerful features…
Changes in Website-Watcher 2022 22.2 (2022-07-11):
- Huge performance improvement when highlighting changes (opening changed bookmarks can be up to 3 times faster)
- Huge performance improvement when inserting or initializing new bookmarks in big databases
- Context menu + Extras + Disable check: Option to save settings as default
- Improved detection and handling of Cloudflare protected pages
- Follow-Links: detection of duplicate links improved
- Browser integration: WSW did not show the WSW icon in the title bar right after starting Firefox (caused by a bug in the latest version of Firefox). WSW has now a work around for this broken behavior.
- Record Chromium Macro: WebSite-Watcher will use the customized User Agent (if configured in the bookmark properties)
- Checking Instagram pages re-implemented. Meta changed their pages internally so that it was no longer possible to monitor Instagram pages after existing cookies with login credentials expire. With this new version, you have to right click an Instagram bookmark once, select “Browser” and login to your account. Then all Instagram bookmark should work again.
- New tweak: UptimeControlFile= – this tweak will write a control file once a minute and can be used to verify if WSW is up and running (Business Edition only)
- E-Mails were not sent correctly under certain circumstances
- It was not possible to assign the shortcut Ctrl+D in Options+Shortcuts
- More detailed error description for regular expressions with syntax errors
- WebSite-Watcher could freeze under certain circumstanes in combination with the check technology “Chromium/Browser”
- WebSite-Watcher did not correctly remember the last position when rebooting Windows
- Overall performance improvements
- Smaller fixes and improvements
Changes in Website-Watcher 2022 22.1 (2022-03-31):
- [+] Update on keywords: keywords can be combined with a logical AND by placing a ” + ” (space-plus-space) between keywords. Whole words are supported by placing the keywords into quotes.
keyword1 + keyword2
“keyword1” + “keyword2” + “keyword3”
“website” + “watcher”
- [+] Cloudflare protected pages supported. WebSite-Watcher detects and handles this protection automatically, a separate configuration is no longer requied.
- [+] Extended Search: New option to search for whole words
- [+] Chromium Check Macros: New command “reload” to reload the currently opened page.
- [+] Plugins: New built-in function that makes it easier to search for keywords:
KeywordExists(sSearch, sKeyword, bWholeWord)
- [-] Follow-Links: Placing multiple master bookmarks into a single folder could produce duplicate bookmarks under certain circumstances
- Smaller fixes and improvements
Changes in Website-Watcher 2022 22.0 (2022-01-27):
- [+] Windows 11 officially supported
- [+] Max simultaneous checks with the check technology “Chromium/Browser” increased from 3 to 10 which offers much better performance when checking many bookmarks with this technology (in previous versions, simultaneous Chromium/Browser checks were limited to 3)
- [+] Internal browser: New tab “Changes”. This tab only shows the highlighted changes.
- [+] Bookmark properties + Advanced + Open bookmark: Option to open the bookmark in the “Changes” tab
- [+] Bookmark action / Send e-mail: New option to only send highlighted changes
- [+] Bookmark action / Send e-mail: New option to attach screenshot with highlighted changes
- [+] Bookmark properties + Actions + Send e-mail: New feature “Preview message”
- [+] Bookmark properties + Actions + Send e-mail: New feature “Send test e-mail”
- [+] Custom columns: Number of custom columns increased from 5 to 10
- [+] Bookmark list: new column “Method” that shows the used check technology (values: C=Chromium, S=Screenshot, IE=Internet Explorer, C-Macro, IE-Macro)
- [+] Bookmark list: new column “AutoWatch” (shows if AutoWatch is enabled)
- [x] Improved memory usage when using the check technology “Chromium/Browser”
- [+] “Find Bookmarks” and “Find folder” are now two different functions and different shortcuts can be defined (in previous versions it was dependent if the folder tree or the bookmark list was focused)
- [+] Browser integration: Add bookmarks from browser Brave
- [+] Virtual folders: New options for the SendMail action: “Send simple version”, “Send only changes” and “Attach screenshot”
- [+] Advanced setup options, eg. to pre-define options or to automatically insert the license key when installing WebSite-Watcher (Business Edition only).
- [+] New program tweak: PauseCheckIfWindowExists – Pauses AutoWatch or a running bookmark check if one of the defined windows is in foreground. You can, for example, use this feature when working with a certain program or playing a game and you don’t want to check bookmarks in that time.
- [x] Integrated AD-Blocker improved
- [x] Improved handling of responsive images
- [x] Check technology “Standard” renamed to “Internal”
- [x] Send e-mails: option to send text mails removed. E-mails are now always sent in HTML format.
- [-] Jump to the first/next change did not work correctly under certain circumstances
- [-] Changes side bar was not displayed after maximizing the internal browser
- [x] Various optimizations for Windows 11
- [x] Check technology “Chromium/Browser”: Improved detection if a file is a PDF document
- [-] Smaller fixes and improvements
Homepage – https://www.aignes.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
Size: 180 MB