Brave Browser is a free, fast, secure and open source web browsing application based on the Chromium and available for your all devices. Complete with a built-in ad blocker that prevents tracking and provides security protection with optimized data and battery performance.
The Brave is much more than a web browser, it is a new way of thinking about how the web works. Brave is on a mission to fix the web by giving users a safer, faster and better browsing experience while growing support for content creators through a new attention-based ecosystem of rewards.
Browse Faster – Load pages 3x to 6x faster
Watch Brave in action, head-to-head-to-head against Chrome and Firefox. Brave loads pages three times as fast out of the box with nothing to install, learn or manage.
Switching is easy – Import and continue where you left off
It’s easy to import your settings from your old browser. You can do it during the welcome tour or later through the menus. All of your old browser profiles will appear in a list. You can import other browser data through the main menu item called “Import Bookmarks and Settings.”
Support your favorite sites with Brave Rewards
Turn on Brave Rewards and give a little back to the sites you frequent most. Earn frequent flyer-like tokens (BAT) for viewing privacy-respecting ads through Brave and help fund the content you love.
The browser can automatically distribute your contributions based on how much time you spend on sites. Or, you can choose to tip sites directly, and even offer a fixed monthly tip amount.
All of this works while keeping your browsing history private. Your funds are made available to site owners through an anonymous ledger system, so you can’t be identified based on the sites you visit and support. Over 10,000 publishers and content creators have registered to receive Brave Rewards.
Remember: these contributions are optional – browsing the web with Brave Browser is free.
Brave Browser Feature List:
- Ad blocking
- Fingerprinting prevention
- Cookie control
- HTTPS upgrading
- Block scripts
- Per-site shield settings
- Configurable global shield defaults
- Earn by viewing private ads
- Tip your favorite creators
- Contribute monthly to sites
- Auto-contribute to sites
- Verify with Uphold and move funds in and out of your wallet
- Become a verified creator and start earning BAT from tips, contributions and referrals
Tabs and Windows
- Private Windows
- Pinned Tabs
- Drag and drop
- Close Options
- Find on page
- Print page
- Clear browsing data
- Built-in password manager
- Form autofill
- Control content access to full-screen presentation
- Control site access to autoplay media
- Send “Do not track” with browsing requests
- Choose default search engine
- Use keyboard shortcuts for alternate search engines
- Option to use DuckDuckGo for private window search
- Add Bookmark
- Autosuggest URLs
- Search from address bar
- Autosuggest search terms
- Show/hide bookmarks toolbar
- Show secure or insecure site
Extensions and Plugins
- Brave Desktop now supports most of the Chrome extensions in the chrome web store
Changes in Brave 1.46.134 (Chromium 108.0.5359.94):
- Upgraded Chromium to 108.0.5359.94. (Changelog for 108.0.5359.94)
Changes in Brave 1.46.133 (Chromium 108.0.5359.71):
- Added Filecoin to Brave Wallet onboarding for asset purchase.
- Added an NFT form under “Add custom token” screen in Brave Wallet.
- Added buttons to account list items under the Brave Wallet Accounts tab.
- Added asset discovery for tokens with non-zero balance when restoring Brave Wallet via seed phrase, private key import or via hardware wallet import.
- Added “Buy” and “Deposit” buttons to the Brave Wallet asset details list.
- Added “Buy” and “Deposit” buttons to the Brave Wallet Market page.
- Added an interstitial page for ENS L2 offchain URL resolution.
- Added support for fetching a selected token’s address from Unstoppable Domains via Brave Wallet.
- Added support for importing Solana account from Ledger Live using different derivation paths in Brave Wallet.
- Added account filter under the Portfolio page of Brave Wallet.
- Added hover state on asset list under the Portfolio page of Brave Wallet.
- Added support for ENS wildcard resolution in Brave Wallet.
- Added ENS offchain lookup consent for Brave Wallet.
- Added the ability to disable Brave Wallet via Admin policy.
- Added country selection requirement for Brave Rewards.
- Added support for multiple custom background images under the New Tab Page.
- Added “Pin to taskbar” option to first run dialog and brave://settings/getStarted on Windows.
- Added “Keep in Dock” option to first run dialog and brave://settings/getStarted on macOS.
- Added Spain, Mexico, and Brazil content feed support for Brave News.
- Added Brave Shields settings under brave://settings/content.
- Added right-side display support for sidebar.
- [Security] Disabled block element picker in Private Windows as reported on HackerOne by xiaoyinl.
- Enabled ENS L2 resolution for Brave Wallet.
- Enabled HTTPS-Only mode for Private Windows with Tor.
- Enabled default browser infobar prompt.
- Improved font appearance with non-english characters.
- Updated brave://wallet/crypto/fund-wallet to display token prices for supported Brave Wallet assets.
- Updated Brave Wallet panel to reflect swap transaction status.
- Updated Brave Wallet to focus on transaction when transaction confirmed notification is clicked.
- Updated Brave Wallet to ignore Chain ID casing.
- Updated Brave Wallet to load the “Account Details” page when selecting the account name in the “Asset Details” page.
- Updated IPFS resolve method of “Ask” for DNSLink redirects.
- Updated customization UI for Brave News.
- Updated Brave News source suggestions.
- Updated debouncing to only apply to cross site navigations.
- Updated adblock components to use plaintext lists.
- Re-enabled “Side panel” display setting under brave://settings/appearance.
- Replaced Muli font with Poppins.
- Removed fiat value of Ethereum NTFs from Brave Wallet.
- Removed unneeded tooltips from Brave Wallet network selectors.
- Fixed broken “Add” button when adding a custom asset to Brave Wallet.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of ERC20 “Approve” amount on Brave Wallet panel.
- Fixed NFT images not loading in the Brave Wallet panel.
- Fixed cursor position when editing Brave Wallet restore words.
- Fixed the fiat currency selector not working on the “Fund” screen of Brave Wallet.
- Fixed incorrect base currency being displayed on the Brave Wallet Market tab.
- Fixed address validation not being called after switching Brave Wallet accounts.
- Fixed broken “first” link for “Sign Transaction” in Brave Wallet panel.
- Fixed incorrect placeholder text for password input field in Brave Wallet.
- Fixed x-ipfs-path handling for redirecting URLs without a DNS record.
- Fixed crash on https://d3ward.github.io/toolz/adblock when “RU Adlist” is enabled under brave://settings/shields/filters.
- Fixed HTTPSE redirects taking precedence over adblock redirects.
- Fixed incorrect button color on toolbar when certain themes are applied.
- Fixed drag and drop indicator not disappearing from sidebar after drag and drop is complete.
- Upgraded Chromium to 108.0.5359.71. (Changelog for 108.0.5359.71)
Homepage – https://brave.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 or later
- OS X Yosemite 10.11 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04+, Mint 17+, Debian 9+, openSUSE 15+, Fedora Linux 28+, or CentOS/RHEL 8+
- iOS 13.0 or later.
- Android 6.0 or later
Size: 104 MB