xp-AntiSpy 3.98-3 Beta
xp-AntiSpy is a little utility that lets you disable some built-in update and authentication ‘features’ in Windows operating system.
This antispy app can automatically apply different settings to the Windows OS, which could also be done by hand, but at a higher expense of time.
For example, there’s a service running in the background which is called ‘Automatic Updates’.
If you don’t know what this service transfers from your machine to other machines on the internet, especially the MS ones, you simply disable such functions. If you like, you can even disable these functions manually, by going through the System and checking or unchecking some checkboxes.
This will take you approximately half an hour, while a little neat utility can do the same in 1 minute.
This utility was successfully tested by lots of users, and was found to disable all the known ‘Suspicious’ Functions in Windows. It’s customiseable, but comes up with the Default settings, which are recommended.
xp-AntiSpy will run on all Windows OS, because settings that do not exist, won’t be shown.
Changes in xp-AntiSpy 3.98:
- Reworked setting Hide shortcut arrow because it was not always working on 64-bit systems.
- Removed setting Deny access to 16-Bit-Applications from Suggested profile
- Fixed several errors occurring on 64bit systems
- Added Feature:
The menu Profiles now contains the entry Check profile at logon. If there’s a check mark in front of, the xp-AntiSpy will check the current selected profile everytime you logon to your system. If a setting does not conform to that profile you will be presented a dialog window, asking to reapply the profile.
- Added feature: Due to the amount of settings in the xp-AntiSpy it get’s complicated if you look for a special one. So I added a search field which can be enabled by selecting the menu Special>Show search field. Once you enter a search term it will be searched in all setting names and the according info text for that setting. Then only the matching settings will be presented to you in the overview. To reset the search, just press the escape key.
Changes in xp-AntiSpy 3.98-3 Beta:
- Die Systemerkennung von Windows 10 Home ging gründlich schief, deshalb wurden die neuen Einstellungen auch nicht angezeigt.
- Eine Menge Rechtschreibfehler wurden behoben.
- Vielen Dank an Peter.K. dafür.
Homepage – https://www.xp-antispy.org
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8.
Size: 440 KB