Ultimate Boot CD 5.3.9
Ultimate Boot CD lets you run USB-based diagnostics tools from CDROM drives and consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD.
An experimental feature also allows you to run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB memory stick on newer machines that supports booting from USB devices.
When you boot up from the CD, a text-based menu will be displayed, and you will be able to select the tool you want to run. The selected tool actually boots off a virtual floppy disk created in memory.
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:
- Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
- Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CD-ROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
- Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn’t you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
- New! Run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB memory stick. A script on the CD prepares your USB memory stick so that it can be used on newer machines that supports booting from USB devices. You can access the same tools as you would from the CD version.
New features in Ultimate Boot CD 5.0 include:
- New! The Linux-based distro Parted Magic is now included with UBCD 5.0. This should be the method of choice when you need to resize/rescue partitions, access NTFS filesystems or work with USB storage devices.
- New! UBCD 5.0 now supports both syslinux/isolinux and grub4dos. This helps improve the chances that UBCD will boot on any particular machine.
- Downgraded SeaTools for DOS (GUI) to V2.22 at Kaur Kuut’s recommendation. Apparently the only feature introduced in V2.23 was long test timeout failure, but that prevents large capacity HDDs from completing the long generic test. Seagate subsequently removed this feature in SeaTools for Windows V220.127.116.11, but never did for SeaTools for DOS V2.23.
- Updated Parted Magic to 2013_08_10. Thanks to James LaBarre for the tip.
- Updated photorec, testdisk and fidentify to v7.1 through new module.
- Updated Q&D Unit Clone to V1.1r. Thanks to author for the update.
Changes in Ultimate Boot CD 5.3.8 (March 19, 2018):
- Added CPUID V2.19.
- Replaced netboot.me with netboot.xyz. Thanks to Kevin96AT for the suggestion.
- Updated ASTRA to V6.50.
- Updated g4u to V2.6.
- Updated HDClone to V7.0.2.
- Updated PCISniffer to V3.0.0.
- Updated Q&D Unit Clone to V1.1q. Thanks to author for the update.
- Updated Q&D Unit/Track/Head/Sector to V1.3j Thanks to author for the update.
- Updated Q&D Vital Data Manager V1.4h. Thanks to author for the update.
Changes in Ultimate Boot CD 5.3.7 (Mar 29, 2017):
- FDUBCD: UBCD FreeDOS version updated to V1.53.
- FDUBCD: Updated FreeDOS kernel version to 2042. Also updated HIMEMX.EXE, JEMM386.EXE and MEM.EXE from FreeDOS 1.2.
- Updated Darik’s Boot and Nuke to 2.3.0.
- Updated Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS to V5.27.
- Updated HDAT2 to V5.3.
- Updated HDClone to V6.0.7.
- Updated Intel Processor Identification Utility to V5.30.
- Updated Partition Saving to V4.30.
- Updated PLoP Boot Manager to V5.0.15.
- Updated Super Grub2 Disk to V2.00s8.
Changes in Ultimate Boot CD 5.3.6 (Sep 23, 2016):
- Updated f-prot.sh script as the parsing of database path has changed. Thanks to pixming for the update.
- Updated ASTRA to V6.40. Thanks to ady for the update.
- Updated Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS to V5.25. Thanks to soeren for the update.
- Added Q&D Unit Clone V1.1p. Thanks to author for his suggestion via email.
- Added Q&D Vital Data Manager V1.4g. Thanks to author for his suggestion via email.
Homepage – https://www.ultimatebootcd.com