Active@ Partition Manager 18.104.22.168
Active@ Partition Manager is an application that helps you manage storage devices and the logical drives or partitions that they contain. You may create, delete, format and name partitions on your computer without shutting down the system. In addition, most of the configuration modification you perform will be applied immediately.
This Partition Manager is a component of Active@ Boot Disk (Windows-based LiveCD). You can add more space to an existing primary partition by extending it into adjacent, contiguous unallocated space on the same disk.
To extend a partition, it must be formatted with the NTFS file system. You can extend a logical drive within contiguous free space in the extended partition that contains it.
If you extend a logical drive beyond the free space available in the extended partition, the extended partition grows to contain the logical drive as long as the extended partition is followed by contiguous unallocated space.
Active@ Partition Manager includes the following features:
- Recognize volumes (partitions) with file systems: FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ReFS, HFS+, Ext2/Ext3/Ext4, BtrFS, UFS, XFS, JFS
- Create a partition or logical drive (volume)
- Format a logical drive or partition (FAT, exFAT, NTFS)
- Resize logical drive (volume)
- Edit and synchronize boot sectors of FAT, exFAT, NTFS, UFS, HFS+, Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 and Partition Table
- Initialize new disk as MBR or GPT or fix MBR (GPT) on damaged disk
- Convert MBR to GPT or GPT to MBR
- Rollback partition layout changes, such as createdeleteformat partition and disk initialization
- Assign or change partition attributes, drive letter etc.
- Format a Flash memory as NTFS
- Delete a partition or logical drive
- Create FAT32 partitions greater than 32GB in size (up to 1Tb)
- Mark partition as active
- Create several partitions on a USB flash memory device
- View advanced properties and attributes of a partition, logical drive or hard drive (disk)
The number of partitions you can create on a hard disk or a USB device depends on the device’s partition style. In Windows, the MBR (Master Boot Record) describes how a disk is partitioned, which partition contains the boot sector and where the boot sector is located.
On MBR devices, you can create up to four primary partitions, or you can create up to three primary partitions and one extended partition. You may create only one extended partition on a drive device. Within the extended partition, you can create an unlimited number of logical drives.
Changes in Active@ Partition Manager 23.0.0:
- Improved editing NTFS volumes having large cluster size
- Qt framework upgraded to version 5.12.5
- Minor bug fixed and improvements
Changes in Active@ Partition Manager 6.0:
- Adopted for HiDPI (high resolution displays)
- Improved GPT volume management and formatting
- Intensive GUI tweaks and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.pcdisk.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
Size: 19.7 MB