Multi Commander has a everything you need in your daily works with files to make your work fast and efficient. It has all the standard features like a file manager has like copy, move, rename, view.
But Multi Commander’s big strength is the special features that allow you to do advanced task with ease. Tasks such as Auto-unpacking, Auto-sorting, Browsing inside archives. Also it can edit the Windows Registry and access FTP. Furthermore it can search for and view files and pictures.
There is also powerful, built-in Scripting support that allows you automate many tasks and expand its functionality. And it allows you to do everything from the keyboard using shortcuts so that you can work quickly and efficiently.
Fast and Efficient File Management
- Dual pane tabbed interface. Work with multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing. Easily handle folders with many thousands of files.
- Browse with ease. Show files in Detailed, List, or Thumbnail modes. Use powerful filters to limit what you want to view.
- Background work for all tasks that take time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruption.
- Fast Operation. Use the mouse and drag & drop or use quick keyboard commands for all tasks.
- Remember all your selections when you return from browsing another location in the filesystem.
- Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
- Powerful and flexible file search.
- View and change file permissions. Take ownership of files.
- File Operation plug-ins can automatically sort or unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- MultiRename tool for the fast and safe renaming of multiple Files and Folders. Rule-based and supports Undo.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size with minimal memory usage. View as ASCII/ Unicode/ UTF8/ Binary and Hex.
Customizable and Extensible
- Customize layout and colors to suit your styling needs.
- Powerful script engine allowing you to create scripts to automate tasks.
- Extensions and plug-ins that expand the functionality of Multi Commander.
- Open API for developers (SDK) to create extensions and plug-ins.
- Picture tools to convert/rotate images, view/remove EXIF tags, adjust EXIF Date.
- Internal picture viewer for Jpg, Gif, Png, Bmp, Tiff and many RAW formats.
- Show movie information from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes as extra columns on your movie files.
- Audio tools to view audio file properties, view and/or edit MP3 Tags.
- FTP viewed as a virtual filesystem (with SSL/TLS support).
- Browse network servers and shares.
- Delete from Zip works again
- Browse of empty zip works again
- 15 Stability Issues ( 6 issue since build 2910 )
Changes in Multi Commander 12.5 Build 2912 (2022-10-15):
- ADDED – Possible to configure devices that should NOT be shown in UI (Device DropDown/Toolbar/…)
- ADDED – Path column will now be shown with … at the beginning of the path if full path does not fit
- ADDED – Added so logging can be enabled from application parameters
- FIXED – Skip works again when unpacking zip archive.
- FIXED – Issue when opening a zip after another zip.
- FIXED – MC.FileSearch.Search CustomCommand now works again
- FIXED – Progress counter when unpacking is now correct
- FIXED – Improved logging for some rare errors that should happened.
- FIXED – 10 Stability Issues
Changes in Multi Commander 12.0.0 Build 2903 (2022-08-10):
- Major code restructuring of core parts.
- NEW – Hover data preview – Toggled on/off with Alt+Q or click on Talk-Bubble button on toolbar/li>
- NEW – Menubar now support darkmode
- NEW – Device dropdown can now show free space on device.
- Updated lots of the 3rd party library that are used
- Zip/Unzip now support AES-265 encryption
- Many bug fixes
- 12 Stability Issues fixed
Changes in Multi Commander 11.5.0 Build 2842 (2022-01-05):
- Restart and Recovery support added, Will auto restart if closed by crash or Windows Update
- MultiRename profiles can be loaded from MultiScript
- MultiRename tag [U]/ [L] and [n] added
- Many minor fixes and improvments
- 16 Stability Issues fixed
Changes in Multi Commander 11.4.0 Build 2831 (2021-10-24):
- ADDED – MultiScript function “GetApplicationArch()” that return the Application architecture 32 or 64
- ADDED – MultiScript function “GetSystemArch()” that return the OS architecture 32 or 64
- CHANGE- Ignore case is on by default for find content search
- FIXED – Filter/Advanced search option for matching extneded attributes like Symlink/Junction
- FIXED – Settings for Sort order for new tabs work now even if column order is customized
- FIXED – Fixed Parallell startup issue that happend rarly in some situations
- FIXED – Code cleanup and minor fixes
- FIXED – 15 Stability issues
Homepage – https://multicommander.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11 Windows (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
Supported Languages: English, German, French, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Czech and Japanese is supported.
Size: 8.02 MB