Jetico BestCrypt Data Encryption system provides the most comprehensive and easy-to-use secure data storage and access control facilities available.
This data encryption method by Jetico software uses encryption algorithms known world-wide. And provides unparalleled protection against unauthorized data access. BestCrypt is easy to install, easy to use and totally transparent for application programs.
Your data is BestCrypt’s only concern, and it enhances your basic right to keep documents, commercial proprietary knowledge, and private information, in a confidential fashion.
Once written to a BestCrypt file (container), data is never stored in an ‘open’ condition. Yet BestCrypt’s smooth operation and complete transparency allow any authorized user to get instant access to the data.
The advanced data encryption and authorization technology provides a new level of security. With standard, proven and published cryptographic algorithms, safe password input, and transparent encryption. This program creates and supports encrypted virtual disks, which are visible as regular disks with corresponding drive letters. For example, D:, K:, Z:, i.e.
- AES (Rijndael) – 256-bit key.
- Blowfish – 448-bit key.
- CAST – 128-bit key.
- GOST 28147-89 – 256-bit key.
- RC6 – 256-bit key.
- Serpent – 256-bit key.
- Triple-Des – 168-bit key.
- Twofish – 256-bit key.
The data stored on a BestCrypt disk is stored in the container file. A container is a file, so it is possible to backup a container, move or copy it to other disk (CD-ROM or network, for instance) and continue to access your encrypted data using BestCrypt.
Any free drive letter in the system you may use to mount and to open an encrypted file-container for access. As well, with BestCrypt you can mount file-container as a subfolder on NTFS disk. When the virtual disk is opened, you can read and write data as if it were a conventional removable disk.
The application provides users with a higher security level as well as with a set of new functions. Besides, there are several ways of encrypting data:
- Storing encrypted data in containers and accessing the data through virtual drives (as earlier versions of the software do);
- Encrypting set of files into a single compressed and, if needed, self-extracting archive
- Encrypting and accessing transparently whole Windows partitions/volumes
- Introduced support for using hardware tokens as an authentication method with encrypted containers
- Introduced built-in Password Strength Meter to help creating stronger encryption passwords
Changes in version 9.07.2 | 21-July-2022:
- Introduced support for ARM-based devices.
Changes in version 9.07.1 | 02-June-2022:
- Updated BCWipe modules
- Added check for ARM architecture during setup
Changes in version 9.07 | 09-Feb-2022:
- Updated to include the newest BCWipe Privacy Guard tool
- Updated BCWipe modules
- Fixed error creating a hidden part
Changes in version 9.06.1 | 2-Dec-2021:
- Ready for Windows 11
- Added ability to encrypt files in folders from the right-click menu
- Added ability to automatically wipe Thumbnail Cache when dismounting BestCrypt containers
- Fixed minor issues with BestCrypt and BCWipe localizations
- Updated BestCrypt Volume Encryption and BestCrypt Data Shelter modules
Changes in version 9.06 | 28-Sep-2021:
- Updated to include Volume Encryption 5. Click here to review Release Notes.
- Updated to include Data Shelter utility to protect data from unauthorized access, even when it’s actively in use.*
Changes in version 9.05.2 | 20-May-2021:
- Ready for Windows 10’s May 2021 Update (21H1).
- Fixed occasional driver installation issue.
- Updated BCWipe modules.
Homepage – https://www.jetico.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (x86 only)
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 (incl. R2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 only)
Size: 98.1 MB