Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 is a rich, integrated development environment for creating stunning applications for Windows, Android, and iOS, as well as modern web applications and cloud services.
This Visual Studio will allow you to build apps for Android, iOS, and Windows devices. As you design your app, use tools to easily add connected services such as Office 365, Azure Mobile Services, and Application Insights.
If you want to build a game or immersive graphical app, install tools for Unity and enjoy all of the powerful productivity features of Visual Studio 2017 with Unity. It is the popular cross-platform game/graphics engine and development environment for apps that run on iOS, Android, Windows, and other platforms.
Cloud-based collaboration services for version control, agile planning, continuous delivery, and application analytics – for Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode or any other IDE or code editor.
Code editing redefined. Build and debug modern web and cloud applications. Code is free and available on your favorite platform – Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.
Now with Xamarin
Deliver native Android, iOS, and Windows apps, using existing skills, teams, and code.
Everything you need to build and deploy your app on any platform – for FREE.
Enterprise-grade solutions with advanced capabilities for teams working on projects of any size and complexity.
Visual Studio Community
Free full-featured IDE to build rich apps for Android, iOS, Windows, the web, and cloud services.
Microsoft Visual Studio uses Microsoft software development platforms such as Windows API, Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Store and Microsoft Silverlight. It can produce both native code and managed code.
Visual Studio includes a code editor supporting IntelliSense (the code completion component) as well as code refactoring. The integrated debugger works both as a source-level debugger and a machine-level debugger.
Other built-in tools include a forms designer for building GUI applications, web designer, class designer, and database schema designer. It accepts plug-ins that enhance the functionality at almost every level. Also includes the adding support for source-control systems (like Subversion) and adding new toolsets like editors and visual designers for domain-specific languages. Or toolsets for other aspects of the software development lifecycle (like the Team Foundation Server client: Team Explorer).
- Administrators will be able to update the VS Installer on an offline client machine from a layout without updating VS.
What’s New in Microsoft VS 2017 15.9.50:
- Updates Git for Windows to v184.108.40.206 addressing CVE-2022-31012.
- CVE-2022-31012 Remote Code Execution Git for Windows’ installer can be tricked into executing an untrusted binary
- CVE-2022-29187 Elevation of Privilege Malicious users can create a .git directory in a folder that is owned by a super-user
- CVE-2022-35777 Remote Code Execution VS 2022 Preview Fbx File parser Heap overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2022-35825 Remote Code Execution VS 2022 Preview Fbx File parser OOBW Vulnerability
- CVE-2022-35826 Remote Code Execution VS 2022 Preview Fbx File parser Heap overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2022-35827 Remote Code Execution VS 2022 Preview Fbx File parser Heap OOBW Vulnerability
What’s New in Microsoft VS 2017 15.9.48:
- Updated Git for Windows version consumed by Visual Studio and installable optional component to 220.127.116.11
- Fixed an issue with git integration, where if pulling/synchronizing branches that have diverged, output window would not show a localized hint on how to resolve it.
What’s New in Microsoft VS 2017 15.9.46:
Security Advisory Notices
CVE-2022-24765 Elevation of privilege vulnerability A potential elevation of privilege vulnerability exists in Git for Windows, in which Git operations could run outside a repository while seraching for a Git directory. Git for Windows is now updated to version 18.104.22.168.
CVE-2022-24767 DLL hijacking vulnerability A potential DLL hijacking vulnerability exists in Git for Windows installer, when running the uninstaller under the SYSTEM user account. Git for Windows is now updated to version 22.214.171.124.
CVE-2022-24513 Elevation of privilege vulnerability A potential elevation of privilege vulnerability exists when the Microsoft VS updater service improperly parses local configuration data.
Homepage – https://www.visualstudio.com
Visual Studio 2017 System Requirements:
The following products support the minimum system requirements below:
- Visual Studio Enterprise 2017
- Visual Studio Professional 2017
- Visual Studio Community 2017
- Visual Studio Team Explorer 2017
- Visual Studio Test Professional 2017
- Visual Studio Test Agent 2017
- Visual Studio Test Controller 2017
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Office Integration 2017
- Visual Studio Feedback Client 2017
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 version 1507 or higher: Home, Professional, Education, and Enterprise (LTSC and S are not supported)
- Windows Server 2016: Standard and Datacenter
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355): Core, Professional, and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (with Update 2919355): Essentials, Standard, Datacenter
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates): Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
Size: 2.01 MB