WindowBlinds 11.0.1 by Stardock
Stardock WindowBlinds is a software that allows users to make your Windows desktop interface uniquely yours! From the start panel to the taskbar, window frames and control buttons, WindowBlinds lets you personalize the visual impact of your Windows desktop.
It works by applying new visual styles, called skins, across the entire user interface (title bars, push buttons, start menu, taskbar, etc.) of the operating system. As a result, users gain complete control over the way Windows looks.
Even with thousands of different visual styles to choose from, you can customize those visual styles as well. WindowBlinds gives you total control over your graphical user interface. It will let you change the color of your Windows GUI, add textures to “Aero” or skins.
Moreover, the program can change your wallpaper, give different windows their own specific look. Also you can choose a new Windows taskbar and Start button.
- Visual Styles. Select from the many skins included with WindowBlinds or choose from thousands of skins available for download at WinCustomize.com
- Alternative Skins. Some skins have multiple sub-styles that can be applied to suit your personal tastes. You can also save your style combinations as presets for quick access later.
- Modify Skins. Personalize any of the default Windows themes or any skins downloaded from WinCustomize.com
- Fonts. Easily change which fonts your skins use.
- Transparency. Make your skins the center of attention or allow them to blend into your backgrounds.
- Colors. WindowBlinds enables instant color changes from its configuration menu.
- Textures. Personalize any skin by applying one of the textures included with WindowBlinds or use one of your own creations.
- Explorer Backgrounds. Customize white explorer windows with unique explorer backgrounds.
- Easy set-up. The simplified configuration menu makes your desktop personalizing quick and intuitive. Instantly preview your selections and adjustments before you apply them to your desktop.
- Presets. Any changes and adjustments you make to a skin can be saved as a preset. Presets enable you to access previous customizations and apply them to a skin quickly.
- Randomized Skins. WindowBlinds enables you to change skins randomly at timed intervals.
- Per application skinning. Choose skins for each of your application types. For example, WindowBlinds enables your word processing software to use a different skin than your design programs.
- Design your own skins. SkinStudio, the powerful companion application for WindowBlinds, is a skin editor that enables you to create your own visual styles. Edit controls, start menu, taskbars, explorer windows, fonts, colors backgrounds and more with SkinStudio.
- Easy to use. Customize only the parts of the Windows GUI you want to change and SkinStudio will do the rest. This level of flexibility makes it easy for inexperienced users to create a great skin quickly. Advanced users can still enjoy designing every aspect of the GUI.
Changes in WindowBlinds 11.0.1:
- Fixes a problem with system tray icons vanishing sometimes on Win11 without Start11
- Fixes an alignment issue with blur in menus with SKS11
- Fixes black paint issue with tree arrows on first paint sometimes.
- Adds auto dark mode to the drop-down from the main skins page
What’s New in WindowBlinds 11:
- Automatic dark mode
- Enhanced high-DPI support for new skins
- Marketplace browser for skin library
- Autoscaling for legacy skins to improve visual fidelity
- Designed for Windows 10 and 11
Changes in WindowBlinds 10.89:
- Fix to work around a problem with start buttons having buttons go under them and potentially being made much less wide with that MS patch to add in the News and Weather link on the taskbar when that setting is set to be hidden
- Forum post: https://forums.stardock.com/505189/get;3808445
- Should fix the glass area at the top of maximized explorer windows not repainting right and store windows now always use glass frames on entire edge vs part
Changes in WindowBlinds 10.87:
- Fixes the reported issue with UIS2 skins and not painting the text in the tree and the gap for some UIS2 skins with new explorer windows.
Changes in WindowBlinds 10.86:
- Fixes an issue with electron framework apps (like Skype) being excluded when they have a standard caption
- Fix for Chrome losing frames in some situations.
Changes in WindowBlinds 10.85:
- Firefox no longer has an issue with the min, max, close buttons clicking when firefox is allowed to skin but the titlebar isn’t set to be above tabs. (It will not use the WB skin in this mode)
- Firefox, when titlebar is above tabs now, paints the caption text correctly
- Thunderbird no longer paints black in the top right corner and the main window is excluded from WB
- Chrome / Edge paint the titlebar correctly on initial launch now
- PDFLite / SumatraPDF no longer has a missing tab bar. Due to the way this app works the titlebar with the tabs is excluded
- EM Lite app is now excluded as it is entirely custom and was experiencing issues with WB skinning
- Skype may now animate with WindowFX
- Start menus with animations may no longer show under the start menu when used with Start10 and WindowFX animations. Please note menus that use blur will not animate with WindowFX.
- Added dark mode support to WindowBlinds config UI. Force this via the top right cog if on Win7 or always want dark mode regardless of OS setting
- Worked around incompatibility with OpenShell/ClassicShell where it does not disable its taskbar skinning and so stops WB skinning the taskbar
- Auto excluded electron app main windows
- Note: Adobe Acrobat, when in-app container, mode no longer renders without frames on Windows 10 (It cannot use the WB skin however as it is sandboxed)
Homepage – https://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10, Windows 11
Size: 79.2 MB