It connects PC to stereo, TV, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, and portable MP3 players. It plays all media, rips, burns, and organizes all your music, images, and video.
JRiver Media Center encodes and plays all popular media formats. Powerful utilities include Media Server for streaming music and images to remote PCs.
JRiver Media Center is more than a world class media player. It’s also a Media Network, a whole house music, movie, TV, and photo solution. The leader in audiophile quality sound. The most powerful media database available; an essential tool for large collections.
JRiver Media Center is a DirectShow player. Obsessive taggers will be delighted with cover art and metadata options. And MC backs up your work.
JRiver Media Center supports more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices. Powers an HTPC to entertain your family. Even different playback in multiple zones. And it can record high definition TV, and provide a replacement for cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a MC Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen.
This Media Center has a streamlined user interface designed to make it even easier to organize, find and play your digital files, and to connect to hardware devices. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
JRiver Media Center Features:
- Audiophile – WASAPI exclusive output using high-end USB DACs.
- Native support of DirectShow DSP filters.
- Audiophile – Added ability to play files from memory instead of disk.
- Headphone DSP makes listening more natural and comfortable.
- Audiophile – Support for high end USB DAC’s with WASAPI.
- SoundcardSwitch command for the launcher, allows soundcard selection.
- 3D album view adjusts text size to display more tracks when necessary.
- 3D album view allows playing, adding, shuffling, and adding as next to play.
- Image Preview allows zoom from a thumbnail to rotate, delete, compare, edit, and more.
- Image thumbnail frames (optional).
- Photoshop PSD file support.
- Single command copy/send to an editor like Photoshop, and stack new image with original.
- Video tagging using sidecar files.
- Chapter Support for MKV and MP4.
- Chapters added to On Screen Display.
- Info Panel displays metadata.
- Added new “watched” column to metadata.
- EPG can automatically retrieve XMLTV data.
- Automatic correlation of XML channel names and MC channel names.
- Info Panel displays metadata, including TV program art.
- TV program art from YADB.
- Watch Hulu and YouTube from Theater View
- Customizable nested views in Theater View
- Customizable File Info panel to display metadata
- Speed and quality enhancements
- Custom backgrounds
- Touch screen support
- On screen clock
Remotes and Servers
- Wiki articles: Remotes and Servers
- Remote Relay using IR transceivers for controlling a set top box or receiver
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Media Center Remote learning and blasting
- Media Center can connect to another Media Center to act as a remote (TRemote)
- New HID remote control plug-in supports shortcuts with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Remote control with REST based Web Service Interface in Library Server
- Library Server supports read and write to allow for shared, multi-user database access
- DLNA added to the UPnP Server
- Library Server clients can write changes back to server
- Library Server connections allow playback on server as Playing Now zones
JRiver Media Center plays more file formats than any other player. Connected media from Netflix, Hulu, Last.fm, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Changes in version 30.0.33 (2022-11-18):
- NEW: View header images can be customized by the skin (Image > ViewHeaderDrivesDevices, ViewHeaderServicesPlugins, ViewHeaderDownload, ViewHeaderPlaylist, ViewHeaderPodcast, ViewHeaderDLNA, ViewHeaderExplorer, ViewHeaderScheduler, ViewHeaderWebMedia, ViewHeaderHandheld, ViewHeaderCD, ViewHeaderLibrary, ViewHeaderLibraryInactive, ViewHeaderReporter, ViewHeaderTelevision).
- NEW: The transport stream time-shifting method is now also optionally available for OpenCABLE and Sat>IP TV devices.
- Fixed: The extra channels selection could unintentionally grow when picking other settings.
- Fixed: Playing audio with more then 8 channels could result in extra channels being silenced if the output would not exactly match (now channel are copied as there is space, and then cut off).
Changes in version 30.0.31 (2022-11-15):
- Fixed: The new chevron drawing did not change color on mouse over.
- NEW: Added a TV option to choose whether to use the new transport stream time-shifting or legacy (program stream) time-shifting for bda tuners.
- NEW: MCWS PlayDoctor command adds option to select/play all files from Cloudplay.
- Fixed: If the mouse was held down on the art at the top of the program it would keep opening Spotlight over and over.
- Fixed: The note in the Customize Display dialog was stating to click the display instead of right-click.
- Fixed: Web Views in Theater View (Netflix, etc) did not show properly in 30.0.30.
Changes in version 30.0.30 (2022-11-10):
- Fixed: A different fix for changing the sorting for library views not applying properly.
- Changed: The chevron draw on toolbars when there are more items than fit scales nicely with UI sizing.
- Fixed: Thumbnails were unconditionally erased when the image filename was changed whether they should have been or not.
- Fixed: Incorrect background color was being set for Chromium browser.
- Changed: Spotlight and loading web pages use “LIST” skin background colors.
- Fixed: Switching from Standard View to full-screen Display View would not reliably switch to the configured full-screen monitor.
- Changed: The MakeMKV backup decryption option will default to what it was previously set at with Blu-ray discs.
- Fixed: MCWS calls to SetInfo would not return that the data had not changed when setting some data types.
- Fixed: Incorrect color was being used to draw chevron for Links bar overflow.
- Fixed: Changing the sorting for library location type views would not always propagate properly.
- Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
Changes in version 30.0.26 (2022-10-27):
- Changed: Added the MakeMKV backup option to the new media dialog.
- Changed: Moved the MakeMKV backup button from the disc header to the rip action window.
- Fixed: Searches could include fields not marked as default search fields.
- Changed: Included updated borders in the Modern Cards Dark skin (thanks HPBEME and Marko).
- Fixed: Client playback of a live bda channel with tuner on the server did not work.
- Fixed: Using the new deinterlacing mode in JRVR would disrupt seeking in the video.
- Changed: Updated Hungarian translation (thanks Gyula).
- Changed: Minor visual tweaks to the main Streaming page.
- Changed: Updated the new features link in the help menu for v30.
Homepage – https://www.jriver.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
System requirements under macOS.
- Intel-based Mac
- macOS El Capitan 10.11 or later
System requirements under Linux
- Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Raspbian
Size: 40.3 MB