It connects PC to stereo, TV, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, and portable MP3 players. It plays all media, rips, burns, and organizes all your music, images, and video.
JRiver Media Center encodes and plays all popular media formats. Powerful utilities include Media Server for streaming music and images to remote PCs.
JRiver Media Center is more than a world class media player. It’s also a Media Network, a whole house music, movie, TV, and photo solution. The leader in audiophile quality sound. The most powerful media database available; an essential tool for large collections.
JRiver Media Center is a DirectShow player. Obsessive taggers will be delighted with cover art and metadata options. And MC backs up your work.
JRiver Media Center supports more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices. Powers an HTPC to entertain your family. Even different playback in multiple zones. And it can record high definition TV, and provide a replacement for cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a MC Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen.
JRiver Media Center has a streamlined user interface designed to make it even easier to organize, find and play your digital files, and to connect to hardware devices. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
JRiver Media Center Features:
- Audiophile – WASAPI exclusive output using high-end USB DACs.
- Native support of DirectShow DSP filters.
- Audiophile – Added ability to play files from memory instead of disk.
- Headphone DSP makes listening more natural and comfortable.
- Audiophile – Support for high end USB DAC’s with WASAPI.
- SoundcardSwitch command for the launcher, allows soundcard selection.
- 3D album view adjusts text size to display more tracks when necessary.
- 3D album view allows playing, adding, shuffling, and adding as next to play.
- Image Preview allows zoom from a thumbnail to rotate, delete, compare, edit, and more.
- Image thumbnail frames (optional).
- Photoshop PSD file support.
- Single command copy/send to an editor like Photoshop, and stack new image with original.
- Video tagging using sidecar files.
- Chapter Support for MKV and MP4.
- Chapters added to On Screen Display.
- Info Panel displays metadata.
- Added new “watched” column to metadata.
- EPG can automatically retrieve XMLTV data.
- Automatic correlation of XML channel names and MC channel names.
- Info Panel displays metadata, including TV program art.
- TV program art from YADB.
- Watch Hulu and YouTube from Theater View
- Customizable nested views in Theater View
- Customizable File Info panel to display metadata
- Speed and quality enhancements
- Custom backgrounds
- Touch screen support
- On screen clock
Remotes and Servers
- Wiki articles: Remotes and Servers
- Remote Relay using IR transceivers for controlling a set top box or receiver
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Media Center Remote learning and blasting
- Media Center can connect to another Media Center to act as a remote (TRemote)
- New HID remote control plug-in supports shortcuts with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Remote control with REST based Web Service Interface in Library Server
- Library Server supports read and write to allow for shared, multi-user database access
- DLNA added to the UPnP Server
- Library Server clients can write changes back to server
- Library Server connections allow playback on server as Playing Now zones
JRiver Media Center plays more file formats than any other player. Connected media from Netflix, Hulu, Last.fm, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.86 (2022-08-16):
- Changed: Updated to Monkey’s Audio 8.51 which switches 24-bit encoding back to the more widely compatible format.
- Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.85 (2022-08-12):
- Fixed: JRVR did not properly account for the chroma location in all situations.
- Fixed: JRVR profiles were not handled in live TV playback.
- Changed: Video Playback will more thoroughly keep the screen from turning off.
- Changed: Updated the name for JRiver in WebPlay and updated the copyrights.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.83 (2022-08-04):
- Fixed: When switching TV channel MC could crash since build 80.
- NEW: Spotlight added to right-click / context menu for files. Left-click and hold on file no longer launches Spotlight.
- NEW: Added MCC_SHOW_SPOTLIGHT (#22041, param 0: current file, 1: current selection)
- Fixed: Showing the new history menu could crash in some cases.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.81 (2022-07-29):
- Fixed: The uninstaller could fail to start in some cases.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.80 (2022-07-28):
- Changed: Internal change on DirectShow based TV playback and recording.
- Changed: Adjusted how the volume fade feature is done in the Scheduler (now it takes a number of seconds for more control and adds labels).
- NEW: Left-click and hold on file in list or top player bar text launches Spotlight in a new tab
- Changed: Updated to Monkey’s Audio 8.35 (thanks Matt).
- Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
- Fixed: Handheld upload could double the extension since the extension dot fix.
- NEW: Experimental support for AC-4 audio in MPEG-TS video files.
- Changed: Added seconds precision to Media Network reporting instead of just minutes..
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.74 (2022-07-15):
- Fixed: The “;” with “; ” replacement wasn’t working properly in build 73.
- Changed: Switched the expression syntax so optional parameters don’t get broken up for translation (was using optional:, now uses optional,).
- Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
- Changed: Made the volume for the scheduler go from 0 to 100 instead of 0 to 1.
- Changed: Only fields would get “;” replaced with “; ” at display time. Now list style expressions are evaluated as well.
- Changed: Added RM to the list of default import types.
Changes in JRiver Media Center 29.0.70 (2022-07-12):
- NEW: Made kernel streaming optional in Options > General > Advanced.
- Changed: When kernel streaming enumerates devices, it turns off kernel streaming, does the work, and turns it on if it works. This way a crash will turn off kernel streaming.
- Changed: The cover view toolbar button shows in all views now (Playing Now, Cloudplay, etc.).
- Changed: Artist Spotlight uses local cover art for albums in your library.
- NEW: Artist Spotlight shows albums in your library that were not matched in internet search.
- Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
- NEW: Configuration Profiles for JRVR (video renderer).
- Changed: The PlaylistTime expression takes an optional parameter to specify if the value should be formatted (defaults to yes, returns raw milliseconds if not).
- NEW: Added a User() expression function to return the name of the current user.
Homepage – https://www.jriver.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
JRiver Media Center has the following general system requirements under macOS.
- Intel-based Mac
- macOS El Capitan 10.11 or later
JRiver Media Center is built and tested on Debian Jessie in both 32 and 64bit flavours.
However Media Center has been shown to run without issue on numerous other distributions including
- Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Raspbian
Size: 39.5 MB