It connects PC to stereo, TV, remote control devices, digital cameras, scanners, and portable MP3 players. It plays all media, rips, burns, and organizes all your music, images, and video.
JRiver Media Center encodes and plays all popular media formats. Powerful utilities include Media Server for streaming music and images to remote PCs.
JRiver Media Center is more than a world class media player. It’s also a Media Network, a whole house music, movie, TV, and photo solution. The leader in audiophile quality sound. The most powerful media database available; an essential tool for large collections.
JRiver Media Center is a DirectShow player. Obsessive taggers will be delighted with cover art and metadata options. And MC backs up your work.
JRiver Media Center supports more cell phones, MP3 players, DLNA, and other devices. Powers an HTPC to entertain your family. Even different playback in multiple zones. And it can record high definition TV, and provide a replacement for cable TV. It has a Theater View interface, controllable by a MC Remote, an iPad, iPhone, Android, a Windows netbook or Touchscreen.
This Media Center has a streamlined user interface designed to make it even easier to organize, find and play your digital files, and to connect to hardware devices. Make a CD of music for your car. Record your favorite shows and watch them on your TV. Play different music simultaneously in different rooms. MC’s Media Server can even stream your music to your PC at work!
JRiver Media Center Features:
- Audiophile – WASAPI exclusive output using high-end USB DACs.
- Native support of DirectShow DSP filters.
- Audiophile – Added ability to play files from memory instead of disk.
- Headphone DSP makes listening more natural and comfortable.
- Audiophile – Support for high end USB DAC’s with WASAPI.
- SoundcardSwitch command for the launcher, allows soundcard selection.
- 3D album view adjusts text size to display more tracks when necessary.
- 3D album view allows playing, adding, shuffling, and adding as next to play.
- Image Preview allows zoom from a thumbnail to rotate, delete, compare, edit, and more.
- Image thumbnail frames (optional).
- Photoshop PSD file support.
- Single command copy/send to an editor like Photoshop, and stack new image with original.
- Video tagging using sidecar files.
- Chapter Support for MKV and MP4.
- Chapters added to On Screen Display.
- Info Panel displays metadata.
- Added new “watched” column to metadata.
- EPG can automatically retrieve XMLTV data.
- Automatic correlation of XML channel names and MC channel names.
- Info Panel displays metadata, including TV program art.
- TV program art from YADB.
- Watch Hulu and YouTube from Theater View
- Customizable nested views in Theater View
- Customizable File Info panel to display metadata
- Speed and quality enhancements
- Custom backgrounds
- Touch screen support
- On screen clock
Remotes and Servers
- Wiki articles: Remotes and Servers
- Remote Relay using IR transceivers for controlling a set top box or receiver
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Media Center Remote learning and blasting
- Media Center can connect to another Media Center to act as a remote (TRemote)
- New HID remote control plug-in supports shortcuts with keyboard, mouse and gamepad
- Remote control with REST based Web Service Interface in Library Server
- Library Server supports read and write to allow for shared, multi-user database access
- DLNA added to the UPnP Server
- Library Server clients can write changes back to server
- Library Server connections allow playback on server as Playing Now zones
JRiver Media Center plays more file formats than any other player. Connected media from Netflix, Hulu, Last.fm, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia. And it sends to Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter.
Changes in version 31.0.84 (2023-11-14):
- Fixed: TV engine did not configure Demultiplexer output audio pins when connecting to Microsoft Stream Buffer Sink filter.
- Changed: Made the sorting control in the smartlist editor taller so the Preset button shows up.
Changes in version 31.0.83 (2023-11-09):
- Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
- Changed: When scanning for ATSC and DVB TV channels, information of all available audio streams will be saved in each channel.
- Changed: Updated Chinese (simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
- Fixed: Some non-string IPTC core (IIM) image tags were not written correctly.
- Changed: When writing IPTC Core (IIM) image tags, MC will preserve existing record 1 tags.
- NEW: Added PLS to the list of formats in the export playlist tool.
- NEW: Also added PLS to the list of handheld formats for playlists.
Changes in version 31.0.80 (2023-10-27):
- Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
- NEW: IPTC “Scene Code” tag (XMP “Scene”) will be read into, or written from user defined custom field “Scene Code” (a list type). If there is demand, we can create a stock field for it.
- Changed: Updated to LAV Filters 0.78 for various improvements and fixes.
- Fixed: Double click an image in Playing Now was not starting playback for the last few builds in all cases.
- NEW: Added a Rebuild Thumbnail command to the image right-click menu.
- Changed: When writing IPTC core tags (IIM) tag texts are always written in UTF-8 encoding.
- Fixed: Added a sanity check when reading date/time tags from TIFF images, preventing a crash on malformed files.
- Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
Changes in version 31.0.76 (2023-10-19):
- Changed: The “Source” field added for a few builds is no longer flagged that it must exist, so you can delete it.
- Changed: Seconds were displaying on the Theater View time for a build but have been removed.
- Changed: When editing an image on a library server client, the changes are sent right away to the server so the thumbnail is updated nicely.
- Changed: Recently added image-only field “Source” is renamed “Source (Supply Chain)”.
Homepage – https://www.jriver.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
System requirements under macOS.
- Intel-based Mac
- macOS El Capitan 10.11 or later
System requirements under Linux
- Debian derivatives such as Ubuntu or Raspbian
Size: 40.7 MB