Virtual DJ Studio (VDJ) is an MP3 Mixer for live DJ performances. With it, you can Mix MP3 Files, play Karaoke with Multiple Monitor Support, use multiple Sound Cards, and adjust Pitch and Tempo on each file individually. VDJ also contains a full 10-band Graphic Equalizer, full support for Audio Plugins, a Spectrum Analyzer, integrated File Navigator, Playlist Editor and many more tools for DJs.
Virtual DJ Studio is unlike any other MP3 DJ Mixer. It allows you to have several Music Files loaded up and ready to go. It has an integrated ID3 Tag Editor and Playlist Editor, and many other unique features that allow you to Mix MP3s like a Pro.
Full Karaoke Support
Virtual DJ Studio now has full Karaoke support. Loads of exclusive Karaoke features include: Background image support, multiple-monitor support, set colors, adjust sync, and direct .zip file playback. Play multiple MP3 and Wave files, with tempo/pitch control for beat-matching.
Supported Karaoke Formats
You can either play an MP3 that has a corresponding .CDG file, or you can play directly from a ZIP file. VDJ does this directly, with no need to create temporary files (like most other programs do). VDJ is the only Karaoke system that lets you seek while directly playing a ZIP or MP3 file, without ever losing sync!
You can set a configurable number of ‘lines’, each of which has its own MP3/WAV file player, volume control, pitch/tempo control. Virtual DJ Studio supports MP3 + CDG, and supports multiple monitors (for example, a Television connected to your video card). You can either play an MP3 that has a corresponding .CDG file, or you can play directly from a ZIP file. Virtual DJ Studio does this directly, with no need to create temporary files (like most other programs do). VDJ is the only Karaoke system that lets you seek while directly playing a ZIP or MP3 file, without ever losing sync!
VDJ allows you to use an extra sound card for CUEing, or Previewing, a sound file. You can use this feature to assist with beat-mixing (fading two songs together on-beat). Or for simply previewing a song before playing it live. Many DJs use their laptop’s built-in sound for previewing (since the quality of the internal sound chip is often lacking), and an external USB audio device for their main mix. This configuration allows you the flexibility you are used to with dual CD decks and an external mixer. Just like a real mixer, enabling the CUE button routes that line to the headphone output (eg, to your Secondary Sound Card).
VDJ’s File Navigator gives you a whole new way to locate your music. It functions as a file manager, displaying all supported file types along with extra information (bitrate, sample frequency, bit resolution, etc). The File Navigator lets you preview any file without having to open it. File Navigator also contains an integrated Playlist Editor, for building and managine PLS, M3U or VDJ playlist files.
Virtual DJ Studio offers Plugin support. Third parties can contribute audio processing plugins that can be used within VDJ’s Plugin Manager. VDJ comes with a few Plugins as well, including a Compressor/Limiter, a Low-Pass Filter, and Stereo Expansion.
Virtual DJ Studio supports control over certain features via the built-in web app. The app allows you to manage the playlist, volume, and monitor what the program is doing. You can also allow your customers to use the app to search songs and submit requests. The web app works with any recent device with a browser (tablets, phones, iPods, PC or Mac computers).
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.2.2 (April 30, 2022):
- Fixed a problem with uploading your music database if you use the MyDJSongbook app. Uploading now works as it should.
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.2.1 (April 27, 2022):
- This version addresses some issues, specifically when using the MDSB Online Songbook feature. Due to recent global events, server providers (including ours) have taken security measures, that makes it more easy to mistake the use of these apps as malicious attacks to the server.
- To combat this, we’ve slowed down the amount of data going back and forth between your PC and the server, and at the same time limited the frequency of the phone app also pinging the server.
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.1.2 (June 25, 2020):
- Playlist Crossfade when using Seconds rather than Level now works as expected
- Adjusting the Pitch/Tempo/Key was not displaying the change in the indicator (though it was affecting the audio). This has also been fixed
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.1.1 (March 27, 2020):
- Fixed problems with Windows 7. Previous versions did not run on Windows 7 due to a minor issue. This update is only recommended if you are running less than VDJ 8.1 or are wanting to install on a Windows 7 machine.
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.1.0 (March 11, 2020):
- ID3 v1 and v2 Tag Support
- Album Art Display on Video Screen
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.0.8 (February 17, 2020):
- The Preview area now shows video at full frame-rate when the Full-Screen window is hidden. This allows you to use without an external monitor and view videos as they should look within the Preview area.
- Also some minor fixes to the App Server component where, occasionally, if you were on a slow or unreliable connection, the program could freeze unexpectedly.
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.0.7 (February 11, 2020):
- This update adds more improvements, including indexing the Duration of ZIP files (for CDG+MP3). It is recommended to perform a Reindex after this update, though this is not required.
- Other minor performance improvements have been made internally.
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.0.6 (February 7, 2020):
- FIX: Fade Out & Stop feature works better
- Improvement: You can now show a List of upcoming singers along-side Pictures
- Improvement: Ability to place the countdown timer in any corner of the Video Screen
- Improvement: Ability to treat all Video files the same way as CDG/ZIP files
Changes in Virtual DJ Studio 8.0.0 (February 1, 2020):
Video support, plus support for more Audio formats as well. Currently supports:
- More format support may come in the near future. As always, this version fully supports CDG ZIP files for Karaoke playback.
- Seamlessly play Audio, Video, and CDG files in the Playlist Player for hours of entertainment!
- Many, many more major improvemetns overall in this all-new edition.
Size: 25.3 MB