Paessler PRTG 188.8.131.529
PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher) is an agentless network monitoring software. It can monitor and classify system conditions like bandwidth usage or uptime and collect statistics from miscellaneous hosts as switches, routers, servers and other devices and applications.
The monitoring software Paessler PRTG is available in three versions. In addition to the classic standalone solution PRTG Network Monitor, Paessler sells PRTG Enterprise Monitor for large and distributed networks and PRTG Hosted Monitor as a SaaS-version.
Paessler PRTG has an auto-discovery mode that scans predefined areas of an enterprise network and creates a device list from this data. In the next step, further information on the detected devices can be retrieved using various communication protocols. Typical protocols are ICMP, SNMP, WMI, NetFlow, jFlow, sFlow, but also communication via DCOM or the RESTful API is possible.
The software is based on sensors that are configured for a specific purpose. A PRTG sensor is a single metric on a device. For instance, when managing a switch, a sensor could be measuring network health, or whether the switch’s CPU utilization is running above 90%. Most devices require between five and ten sensors for fully monitoring.
There are HTTP, SMTP/POP3 (e-mail) application sensors and hardware-specific sensors for switches, routers and servers. PRTG Network Monitor has over 200 different predefined sensors that retrieve statistics from the monitored instances, e.g. response times, processor, memory, database information, temperature or system status.
PRTG Network Monitor
It is the classic on-premise monitoring solution, which is hosted on a server in the user’s network. For the installation of the core server, you need a computer with the Windows Server operating system.
Features at a glance:
- Central management console. Monitor all systems, devices, applications, traffic, and more in your IT infrastructure in a single pane of glass.
- On-premises installation. PRTG Network Monitor runs on your hardware so you always have control over all your data, configuration, and updates.
- All-in-one monitoring tool. Every license includes all features so there is no need for additional plug-ins or add-ons.
- The Monitoring Experts. The software has been on the market for over 20 years and more than 500,000 users worldwide trust it in their day-to-day business.
- Flexible and customizable. PRTG Network Monitor is powerful and easy-to-use monitoring software that fits any budget and grows with your needs.
- High availability. Every installation of this software comes with a built-in cluster functionality where one failover node is free of charge for fail-safe monitoring.
PRTG Enterprise Monitor
That is a specialized monitoring solution for large IT environments. In addition to a particularly high performance for distributed locations, PRTG Enterprise Monitor also includes the ITOps Board, which provides a centralized service-oriented overview. You can use it to map business processes, consolidate dashboards from multiple servers, and monitor SLA performance and availability, among other features.
PRTG Hosted Monitor
This version offers largely the same range of functions as the standard tool. The license is billed monthly and is based solely on the number of sensors. In contrast to PRTG Network Monitor and PRTG Enterprise Monitor, you can use PRTG Hosted Monitor in networks without a Windows server, since it is hosted in the cloud and not locally.
You can operate this software completely via an AJAX-based web interface. The web interface is suitable for both real-time troubleshooting and data exchange with non-technical staff via maps (dashboards) and user-defined reports. An additional administration interface in the form of a desktop application for Windows, Linux and macOS is available.
In addition to the usual communication channels such as Email and SMS, notification is also provided via push notification on smartphones using an app for iOS or Android. Paessler PRTG also offers customizable reports.
Since 1997, the Paessler AG company offers monitoring solutions for businesses across all industries and all sizes, from SMB to large enterprises. Today, more than 500,000 users in over 170 countries rely on PRTG and other Paessler solutions to monitor their complex IT, OT and IoT infrastructures. Obviously, monitoring plays a vital role in reducing the consumption of human resources. Those products help customers optimize their IT, OT and IoT infrastructures, and reduce their energy consumption or emissions.
Homepage – https://www.paessler.com/
Recommended setup for most users
- directly on x64 server hardware or in a properly configured virtual environment
- on Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
Recommended setup for remote probes
- directly on compatible x86 hardware or in a properly configured virtual environment
- on Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, or Windows 10.
Size: 344 MB