F-Secure E-mail and Server Security ensures the powerful protection for networks and confidential data. Against all types of malware for your Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Small Business Server, Citrix XenApp and/or Windows Terminal servers.
Server Security includes award-winning F-Secure technologies to protect file servers against malware without slowing down the systems.
The solution includes integrated anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, integrity checker, protection against concealed rootkits. As well as comprehensive support for all major Linux distributions.
F-Secure E-mail and Server Security also supports the scanning of messaging content in an established system that uses third party solutions.
Improved security brings the solution to the same level as F-Secure’s client solutions, which have been rated as providing the best protection in the world. The solution can be centrally installed, configured and managed through F-Secure Policy Manager. The E-mail and Server Security solution combines Windows and Microsoft Exchange malware protection. It includes enhanced cloud-based protection with DeepGuard, Browsing Protection for terminal users and centralized quarantine management.
F-Secure E-mail and Server Security Features:
- Virus and spyware protection. Protects your computer against viruses, trojans, spyware, rootkits and other malware.
- DeepGuard. Proactive, instant protection against unknown threats. It monitors application behavior and stops potentially harmful activities in real-time.
- Web traffic scanning. Detects and blocks malicious content in web traffic (HTTP protocol) to provide additional protection against malware.
- DataGuard – monitors protected folders to prevent untrusted applications from modifying your files.
- Firewall – consists of Windows Firewall integration and centralized management.
- Application control – allows you to restrict virtually any application from starting.
- Browsing protection. Protection for your terminal users against web browser exploits and rogue web sites.
- Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange. Protects incoming, outgoing, and internal mail traffic and Exchange public folders from malware and other security threats and provides content and attachment filtering.
- Spam Control. Detects and filters spam messages from e-mail traffic providing real-time protection against all types of spam, regardless of its content, format or language.
- Email Quarantine Manager – allows dedicated users to release, reprocess, and delete quarantined emails and attachments from the the email quarantine.
- Offload scanning agent for virtual environments – allows you to offload malware scanning to F-Secure Scanning and Reputation Server in Virtual and Cloud Environments.
- Software Updater – keeps your system and applications up to date by installing patches as they are released by vendors.
- Rapid Detection & Response – uses lightweight, discreet sensors that collect behavioral data from endpoint devices to identify a wide range of attacks.
- Anti-Virus for Microsoft SharePoint – provides real-time protection for Microsoft SharePoint servers, scanning uploaded and downloaded content for malware and other security threats.
- New package fsess-15.10.3009.jar fixes fsess-15.10.2998.jar-fsess-15.10.3008.jar installation issues and adds support for Edge Exchange servers. Also it contains fixed Help link in Web console. Reinstall of existing 15.10 installations is not needed.
- Added support for Exchange 2016 CU 20+ and Exchange 2019 CU9+.
- Added an option to set trusted and denied addresses for the Unsafe URL scanning.
- WebConsole login process is improved and made more stable.
- Added an option to send a notification if the password protected archive is stripped / the archive nesting level is exceeded.
- Fix for the potential issue with AV4SHP services starting before FS Cosmos is ready.
- Fix for the Unsafe URL display in EQM.
- Other fixes and improvements.
What is new in E-mail and Server Security 15.00:
New features and improvements
- Introduced scanning for unsafe URLs in the email message body for Transport protection. Emails containing unsafe links can be now dropped before getting to the recipient.
- Introduced an FTR (intelligent file type recognition) exclusions setting that allows you to define a list of extensions to exclude from FTR processing. This can be defined for Transport agent (Incoming / Outgoing / Internal email), Email storage scanning, and Upload/Download Sharepoint scanning.
- Introduced an option to remove deleted items from quarantine database.
- Introduced an option to limit the maximum file size for MS Sharepoint file scanning.
- NTLM proxy authentication is now supported for Spam Control.
- Added support for localizing template variables.
- Added support for Policy Manager Proxy auto-selection rules to configure the location-aware selection of proxies based on the following criteria: DNS server IP address, DHCP server IP address, Default gateway IP address, WINS server IP address, and My network address. Proxies matched with the rules are always prioritized first while the rest of the proxies are used only if fallback behavior is in use.
- Basic and NTLM authentications are now supported when downloading virus definitions (GUTS2) via HTTP proxies.
- Added support for Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI). The integration is turned on by default and can be turned off in Policy Manager.
- Various firewall-related improvements:
- Firewall block rules support a configurable option to send alerts when the rule is triggered.
- Added support to define the rule’s scope with Windows application package IDs.
- Policy Manager administrators can hide certain profiles from end-users.
- The product generates alerts when encountering malformed firewall rules.
- The F-Secure tray icon can be hidden from end-users. This can be configured in Policy Manager.
- The command-line fsscan.exe scanner can report a list of all scanned files.
- Introduced Browsing Protection alerts that are triggered when malicious or suspicious sites are blocked.
- Introduced the Tamper protection feature to protect F-Secure endpoints from unusual interruptions.
- Device control block alerts are also generated when USB storage devices are reconnected.
- Notification events about overlapping manual and scheduled scan operations are logged to the Windows application event log.
- Client failover to GUTS2 services now takes place without noticeable delays when the computer is booted or returns from sleep.
- New Software Updater engine. This new engine gives F-Secure flexibility to introduce Software Updater functionality on other platforms in the future.
- Introduced a new “Scan all accessed files” scan mode for network drives. Previously, only one scan mode (“Scan executed files”) was always in use for network drives, which is kept as the default mode in this release.
Fixed issues compared to version 14.01
- Storage scanning report on Policy Manager includes the same data as the local one
- Installed ‘MS Sharepoint protection’ and ‘MS Exchange protection’ now reported to Policy Manager ‘Installed software’ status table
- Added support for environmental variables for paths in ESS Configuration tool
- Settings accessible in ESS Configuration tool will be displayed considering possible final flags set from Policy Manager
- Alert for missing admin credentials for Storage scanning will not be sent in case Public folder scanning is disabled
- Introduced Storage scanning reports automatic cleanup
- Fixed an issue with custom IIS bindings not being updated if the certificate is changed by ESS Configuration tool
- Fixed an issue with WebConsole failing to correctly display templates-based settings assigned from Policy Manager
- Improved logging
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Core
Note: Windows Server 2016 Nano is not supported.
All Microsoft Windows Server editions are supported except:
- Windows Server for Itanium processor
- Windows HPC editions for specific hardware
- Windows Storage editions
- Windows MultiPoint Server
- Windows Home Server
Supported Languages: English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Spanish (Latin America), and Swedish.
Size: 73.3 MB