ClamWin Free Antivirus is a Open Source Antivirus software for Windows, using the well-respected ClamAV scanning engine. It includes virus scanner, scheduler, virus database updates, context menu integration to MS Windows Explorer and Add-in to MS Outlook.
Also it features easy setup program with command line interface for scanning files, updating the virus definitions, and a daemon for faster scanning needed on high performance systems.
ClamWin Free Antivirus is used by more than 600,000 users worldwide on a daily basis. You may download and use it absolutely free of charge.
Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.
ClamWin Antivirus Features:
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware;
- Automatic downloads of Virus Database updates. ClamAV team regularly updates Virus Databases to include a new virus/variant immediately after it appears;
- Standalone Virus Scanner;
- Addin to Microsoft Outlook to remove virus-infected attachments automatically. Built-in support for mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
- Built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip
- Right-Click Menu Integration to Microsoft Windows Explorer;
- 2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
- Built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, and Petite.
Changes in ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.103.2.1:
- Fixed Virus database updates
- ClamAV engine updated to version 0.103.2r1
Changes in ClamWin Free Antivirus 0.103.2:
This release updates ClamAV scannin engine to the supported version and delivers the following imporvements:
- Virus database updates are working again
- ClamAV engine updated to version 0.103.2
Homepage – https://clamwin.com/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.