F-Secure SAFE is the multi-device Internet security for your PC, Mac, smartphone, and tablet - with one simple solution. It is F-Secure’s new security service for both PC and mobile users.
It combines F-Secure’s award-winning technologies into one unified security experience across all your devices. You can now protect your whole family’s online activity with a single service.
F-Secure SAFE protects all your devices against malware, hackers and identity theft. Regardless of the device you use, you can now protect your information and activities online.
With F-Secure SAFE you can choose your subscription based on the number of devices you want to protect. Installation is simple and fast. Whenever you get a new device you just switch protection from your old one to the new one or add more devices to your F-Secure SAFE account.
F-Secure SAFE has an easy web portal for managing the security for all your devices. You can also manage your family’s devices, and for example locate missing devices and erase any important data if one of your devices gets stolen.
With Parental Control, your children are safe too. You decide what content your children can and can’t see and when they can go online. Secure Internet surfing, banking and shopping has never been easier. F-Secure is digital freedom for your entire family. Whatever your device, you can always make sure that you are secure with F-Secure SAFE.
In addition, F-Secure Freedome VPN brings you privacy, anonymity, and digital freedom. At the push of a button, Freedome gives you your own private network. So that you can change your virtual location and access blocked services while staying protected against spying, tracking, and harmful apps and web sites. Even when you use public Wi-Fi.
With F-Secure SAFE you can handle your everyday activities safely - browse, shop, use online banking services. Stay safe from phishing attempts that try to capture your personal information. For example through fake banking sites or unsafe web stores. Keep your money safe and make your online transactions worry-free.
F-Secure SAFE Benefits:
- Protect all your devices with one service
- Quick and easy for you to install
- Give your PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet the best protection in the world
- Stay safe from online threats with automatic protection
- Explore the Internet safely with Browsing Protection
- Secure your online banking with Banking Protection
- Protect your children online with Parental Control
- Protect your personal data if your mobile device is lost or stolen
- Manage your security and locate your missing devices through an easy-to-use personal portal
Make the technology work for you. F-Secure SAFE detects known malware and provides proactive security whenever you use your device. You will always have up-to-date security protecting you from the constantly changing threat landscape.
Choose your F-Secure subscription based on the number of devices that you own. Manage the protection on your devices with an easy-to-use personal console. For example, if you purchase a new device, you can easily switch the protection from one device to another to make sure that all of your devices are protected at all times.
What’s New in F-Secure SAFE 2022 Build 18.3:
Account information and device name visible in the main user interface
- The account name, email address and device name are visible in the main user interface. This makes it easier to recognize the account and device being used.
- The information is automatically updated once it’s changed in the My F-Secure portal.
Manual virus scan dialog improvements
The manual virus scan dialog has been enhanced in the following ways:
- You can now resize the virus scan dialog.
- The Items found view shows a short summary of the findings.
- Items are sorted by infection type: “Harmful files”, “Unwanted applications”, and “Potentially unwanted applications”.
- The default action can be overridden for all items of the same infection type with one click instead of one by one.
- Family Rules / Parental Control supports a new content filter category: “Streaming media”.
- The Viruses & Threats and Secure Browsing & Banking views show more detailed scanning and detection statistics.
- You can manually reset the reputation cache through the product Settings > Support view. You can clear the reputation cache once a false file or website reputation information has been fixed in the Security Cloud. This ensures that you have the latest file and reputation information in use.
- The WebView2 console debugger is a useful new feature when our support needs to find more information about issues with embedded web views. You can find the WebView2 console debugger option in the product Settings > Support view. To be able to see this option, you need to enable the debug logging first.
- Software rendering option in the system tray menu. This option can be used if there are rendering issues with the user interface. To see this option in the product’s system tray menu, press and hold the shift key while you right-click the product’s system tray icon.
What’s New in F-Secure SAFE 18.2:
- Easier access to My F-Secure
- This version of SAFE brings added functionality to the People & Devices view, allowing you to manage your licenses, devices, and people in your group directly through the People & Devices view instead of logging into My F-Secure with the browser.
- ID Monitoring in the main view
- You can now access the ID Monitoring page directly from the product’s main view if you have an ID PROTECTION subscription. You no longer need to log into My F-Secure with the browser.
- Tamper protection functionality added
- Tamper protection is a new addition that prevents you or any software, such as harmful applications, from disabling protection processes and changing the product’s content in the installation folder or the registry settings.
- Other improvements
- The product’s main user interface now supports high contrast mode.
- Banking protection’s remote access blocking capability has been improved.
What’s New in F-Secure SAFE 18.1:
Remote access protection
- When a banking session starts, Banking protection detects and blocks remote access to your computer and displays a warning. This prevents phone scammers from leveraging remote access software to perform online thefts.
- The feature is limited to Anydesk and TeamViewer, but more applications are to be added later this year.
Automatic gaming mode
- When a game starts, the product goes into gaming mode automatically. This pauses the software and database updates, as well as scheduled scanning.
- The feature is available in Windows 10 RS5 or newer versions.
All user interfaces now with .NET technology
- All user interfaces have been converted to .NET technology.
- The change has been implemented, as the old user interface needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting the computer performance. It was also always running in the background, consuming memory and a little bit of CPU. The new .NET-based user interface now loads into the memory only when needed, resulting in less resource usage while the product still protects you in the background.
Short-cut to install and start ID PROTECTION
- ID PROTECTION appears in the main user interface if you have a license for it.
- You can install the product from the shortcut also after installation, and you can also start the product from here.
- Windows 11 support
- Dark mode support
- Serbian language support
- Notifications to install the Browser extension appear at the same time for multiple browsers. If using multiple browsers, this allows you to set up the Browsing extension separately for a given browser.
- Hot keys, for example, Alt+Tab, Alt+Space cannot be used to switch away from the Time limit lock screen. In addition, countdown before locking the computer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Login during installation happens as part of main UI with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it’s not, the installer installs it for you.
Other improvements released earlier as channel updates
- Banking protection session ends automatically when you close the bank tab or open another web page. This is especially handy when using bank credentials to authorize access to another website.
- BypassIO support: Windows 11 has an optimized I/O path for reading from files. This helps to meet the I/O demands of loading and running next-generation games on Windows.
- Selecting Gaming mode from the tray icon has been removed. This is now fully automatic and cannot be manually enabled any more.
- The product update message has been simplified and now links directly to the release notes.
Homepage – https://www.f-secure.com
Available languages: dansk, Deutsch, English, español, español latinoaméricano, français, français canadien, italiano, lietuvių, Nederlands, norsk, polski, português, português brasileiro, suomi, svenska, tiếng Việt, русский, 日本語, 繁體中文 (香港)
- Windows 11
- Windows 10, Anniversary Update or newer
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- ARM-based tablets are not supported.
- macOS version 12 (Monterey)
- macOS version 11 (Big Sur)
- macOS version 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS version 10.14 (Mojave)
Smartphones and tablets
- Android 6.0 or later with 70 MB of free disk space
- iOS 13.0 or later with 10 MB of free disk space
Size: 1.64 MB