VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers, testers and enterprise IT professionals. It can run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single PC. Winner of more than 50 industry awards, VMware transforms the way technical professionals develop, test and deploy software.
VMware Workstation is an integral component of any serious technical professional’s toolkit. Innovative features help software developers, QA engineers, sales professionals, and IT administrators to reduce hardware cost, save time, minimize risk, and streamline tasks that save time and improve productivity.
VMware Workstation delivers the broadest guest platform support for running multiple operating systems at the same time on your PC.
With support for over 200 operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and over 20 other versions of Windows, along with Redhat, Ubuntu, OpenSuse and 26 additional versions of Linux.
Features and Benefits:
- Comprehensive Windows 7 support, including Easy install, 3D Graphics Support, live thumbnails, desktop preview, and XP mode.
- Install and run VMware vSphere 4 and VMware ESXi as a guest OS.
- AutoProtect makes it easy to go back in time when things were good, with automatic hourly, daily, or weekly snapshots.
- Remote Replay Debugging makes it easier to analyze and to debug hard-to-reproduce software defects.
Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators.
VMware Workstation provides the most dependable, high performing, and secure virtual machine platform. It offers the broadest host and guest operating system support, the richest user experience, and the most comprehensive feature set. Automate and streamline tasks to save time and improve productivity.
Run applications in Linux, Windows, and more at the same time on the same PC with no rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment. Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner. Rich integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse, and the SpringSource Tool Suite make it incredibly easy to debug applications on multiple platforms.
VMware Workstation enables users to:
- Configure and test multi-tier applications, application updates, and operating system patches on a single PC
- Easily restore or share archived test environments, reducing repetitive configuration and set-up time
- Streamline computer-based training by allowing students to always start from a "clean" state and experiment with multiple operating systems, applications, and tools in secure, isolated virtual machines
- Run software demos of complex or multi-tier configurations on a single laptop
- Accelerate help desk resolution of end-user problems with a library of pre-configured virtual machines
Homepage – http://www.vmware.com
Operating System Support: All Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit.
Size: 376 MB