YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) is a portable application designed to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive. It can create bootable disk which contains the multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disk cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.
Contrary to MultiBootISOs which used grub to boot ISO files directly from USB, YUMI uses syslinux to boot extracted distributions stored on the USB device. And reverts to using grub to Boot Multiple ISO files from USB, if necessary.
Aside from a few distributions, all files are stored within the Multiboot or YUMI folder (depending on version). That makes nicely organized Multiboot USB Drive which you can still use for other storage purposes.
The application works much like Universal USB Installer, except you can use it to install more than one distribution to run from your USB. Also you can uninstall the distributions using the same tool!
YUMI is an easy to use installer script created using NSIS. The purpose is to help automate the creation of a bootable USB Flash Drive. You can use that to boot multiple Linux based distributions (one at a time).
The end result should be a bootable USB Flash drive. That will get you up and running with your chosen Live Distributions. All without having to do the research and perform the steps by hand.
YUMI utilizes a Syslinux MBR to make the chosen drive bootable. You can extract Distributions using 7zip to the multiboot folder on the USB device. And a custom syslinux.cfg file along with distro independant configuration files are used to boot each distribution. Also you can use Grub4DOS grub.exe to boot ISO files directly.
Changes in YUMI 188.8.131.52 (2019-10-06):
- Quick update to support newer Zorin OS.
Changes in YUMI 184.108.40.206 (2019-09-10):
- Update to support Ubuntu Budgie, Deepin Linux, and Slackel.
- Update Archlinux boot method and Knoppix link.
Changes in YUMI UEFI 0.0.2.1 (2020-03-16):
- Update to support Linux Mint Debian Edition, Manjaro 19.0x, and newer ESET Sysrescue CD.
Changes in YUMI UEFI 0.0.2.0 (2019-11-05):
- Update to support Acedemix and Finnix x86/64.
Force Clonezilla to boot from RAM.
Changes in YUMI UEFI 0.0.1.9 (2019-10-20):
- Update to support Tuxtrans, newer KNOPPIX, GData, G4L, and ArchLinux.
Changes in YUMI UEFI 0.0.1.8 (2019-10-09):
- Added Persistence % progress bar. Update to support Demon Linux, and Open Mandriva.
Changes in YUMI UEFI 0.0.1.7 (2019-10-07):
- Update to support Ubuntu Budgie and Deepin. Fix various download links.
Changes in YUMI UEFI 0.0.1.6 (2019-05-30):
- Update to support newer Dr.Web and Kaspersky Rescue Disk and OpenSuse Leap.
- Add support for BionicPup, MX Linux, and Emmabuntus.
Homepage – https://www.pendrivelinux.com
Basic Essentials to create a MultiSystem Bootable USB Drive
- Fat32 or *NTFS Formatted USB Flash or USB Hard Drive
- PC that can boot from USB
- Windows Vista/7/8/10 or Linux/Mac OS with (WINE)
- Your selection of ISO Files