Reg Organizer application designed to edit, clean and maintain registry, fix errors in the system, and improve computer performance. The deep registry search feature lets you find all registry keys related to a specific application.
The program helps you to preview and edit registry files (.reg) and view their content directly from Windows Explorer. It includes Registry cleaner, which will safely compact, repair and optimize the Registry.
With Reg Organizer you can thoroughly search the Registry to find all the keys related to a certain application. The registry tool does this job quicker and better than other similar programs.
Other Reg Organizer features include the ability to find and replace the Registry entries, automatic Registry cleanup, Disk Cleanup tool. Moreover it ensures access to many undocumented Windows features.
With Reg Organizer you can customize the ‘Open with…’ context menu, delete items from the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ dialog. Also you will able to specify the programs to run at Windows startup, analyze the shared dynamic link libraries (DLL) and more. Another set of features will be useful to administrators, as well as ordinary users.
Plug-in expandability gives unlimited possibilities of third party enhancements. There is also a built-in application uninstaller. That allows you to uninstall redundant applications from the system completely.
Reg Organizer main features:
- Registry editor for viewing and editing the system registry. Also for manipulating the registry keys and values, exporting, importing, copying them, etc.
- The registry cleaner can detect many types of registry errors. These include searching the registry for invalid references to files, folders and DLLs.
- Registry search feature can find all keys related to a certain application and delete them, if necessary.
- Defragmenting and compressing the registry. Increase the performance of the registry and consequently the overall performance of your system.
- Ability to get information about any selected registry key and monitor changes of the specific keys.
- Preview of the registry files (*.reg) before adding their contents to the system registry. The files can be viewed directly from Windows Explorer.
- Functional registry file editor allows you to edit keys and values, add and delete data containing in the .reg files.
- Provide quick access to all of the programs that are automatically started with Windows. Using Reg Organizer, you can inspect, edit, or disable such programs.
- Registry search and replace mode offers you a variety of options for searching the registry and replacing the records matching the specified criteria.
- Built-in software uninstaller, based on the Full Uninstall technology. Moreover, it displays changes made by the application to each of the system components.
- Disk Cleanup tool lets you automatically remove unnecessary files from the hard drive. Also it can search for and fix invalid shortcuts.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.56 (2020-10-20):
- All data is now downloaded over a secure protocol (https).
- Bug fixed: The state of the option “Check for the installed applications updates” could not be saved after the program restart.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.55 (2020-09-18):
- Reworked the ability to go back to the previous program’s tool by the Back button.
- Applications tool:
- The minimal size for which by default the application is considered large has been increased to 200 Mb.
- The applications installing with tracing function improvements.
- Visual interface changes (the search field and menu button icons in some tools).
- Bugs fixed:
- The access violation error message could occur on the Express Check screen.
- Some elements colors haven’t corresponded the scheme in case of using the Classic Windows 7 theme.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.52 (2020-08-11):
- The algorithm of searching for traces of the application being uninstalled is improved.
- Portable version: Fixed a bug, which caused the portable version loader to always open with the English interface.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.51 (2020-08-08):
- The registry optimization was removed from the interface by default as an obsolete function. If you want to enable it, choose in the Main menu FILE -> Settings…, in the appeared window go to the “Obsolete Tools” section and enable the option “Enable the Registry Optimization tool”.
- The program has been moved to the 64-bit architecture (the previous program versions were 32-bit, but 64-bit Windows was fully supported). This gives a speed increase of up to 20% on specific operations, such as working with the system registry (if your Windows is 64-bit too).
- Support the cleaning of the new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.
- You no longer need to manually run Reg Organizer to completely remove an unnecessary application from the system. Just run the applications’ uninstallers in any convenient way, for example, through the Start menu, Apps and Features section of Windows, or manually launch the application’s uninstaller from its folder. To start using this feature, enable it via the program’s settings.
- Some interface colors have been changed.
- Applications tool:
- When running the programs’ standard uninstaller, the quiet uninstall mode is activated, if it is supported. In quiet uninstall mode, asking the questions by the uninstaller is disabled.
- Installing application with tracing function improvements.
- The tool’s window look has been refreshed.
- Windows shell context menu commands integration has been rewritten and improved. You may use them to install the application with tracing or to perform the complete uninstall directly from the folder’s context menu of the Windows shell.
- Improved look of the new startup items notifications.
- Earlier when installing a new version of Reg Organizer if the file could not be replaced, the error message “DeleteFile failed – code 5” used to be displayed. Now you will be prompted to restart the system in order to complete the update instead.
- Bug fixed: While installing the applications updates Reg Organizer could request to enter the license key despite the fact that it was already entered.
- Windows XP is no longer supported.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.44 (2020-06-24):
- Some interface colors have been changed.
- Latest version that supports Windows XP.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.43 (2020-01-28):
- The priority level which delayed programs of the Startup Applications tool are launched with has been changed from THREAD_PRIORITY_BELOW_NORMAL to THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL. This is better suited for interactive (unlike background) programs.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.42 (2020-01-21):
- Bug fixed: Startup Applications tool: When excluding the item from the optimization recommendation the exclusion does not happen if the item is not displaying in the list.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.41 (2019-12-24):
- Optimization of the main menu that is available through the button with the three horizontal lines (“sandwich”).
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.40 (2019-12-16):
- The Opera browser cleaning added.
- Cleaning of Chrome and Yandex has been complemented and enhanced. For example, GPUCache and ShaderCache data cleaning has been added.
- Applications Tool: The Universal Windows Platform applications list generation was accelerated by two and a half times. To view them, expand the folder titled “Windows 10 Apps”.
- A new setting “Skip the User Account Control warning” added. When enabled, you will be able to launch Reg Organizer using the Desktop shortcut without the User Account Control warning.
- The progress is displayed directly on the Taskbar during the long operations.
- The new compiler is used. The program’s size is reduced.
- Fixed bug in the Applications tool: The Universal Windows Platform apps’ sizes were not displayed.
- Cleaning of the Chrome Cookies and Sites Data section of the Private Data Cleanup could leave some entries not removed.
Changes in Reg Organizer 8.30 (2019-08-06):
- Checking for the installed programs updates. Straightforward one-click updating of them.
- A new private data cleanup part named Files Downloads Links is added. In some cases, for the files downloaded from the Internet also the download link is being stored in the file system. When cleaning up this part, these download links are removed, but the files themselves remain on the disk.
- A new registry tweak: “Create regular registry backups. Disabled by default for space saving starting from Windows 10 build 1803”. Enabling this option will return the regular registry backups creation by the system. Backups will be stored in the folder: C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack. For more information visit: support.microsoft.com.
- Startup Applications tool: A button to delete a startup application has been renamed to Remove and Disable to emphasize that not only removal will be done, but also adding this application to the startup will be prevented in the future.
- Because of the addition of the installed applications updates function the Uninstaller tool has been renamed to Applications.
- General increasing usability.
Homepage – https://www.chemtable.com/organizer.htm
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10.