NTLite is the cutting edge Windows configuration and ultimate customization tool. You can modify your existing Windows install or an image yet to be deployed.
NTLite allows you to remove Windows components that you do not wish or need to have installed.
Also you can configure and integrate, speed up the Windows deployment process and have it all set for the next time. Easily integrate application installers, scripts, registry tweaks or raw commands. Provide a silent switch and automatically run application installer post-setup.
All the important warnings, pending changes and operations are presented in a single page for quick review before applying those changes. NTLite can gather host machine hardware list and use it in all of its features.
Built with a particular attention on ease of use so that you can focus on more important things around customization choices. Dynamic menus, easy image mount overview, single-file settings, and many more details which help you be more productive.
Live install modifications
Featuring a live edit mode, a unique feature allowing you to modify already deployed Windows without re-installation. Simply run NTLite on it, modify like you would an image and reboot if necessary; instant results.
Reduce Windows footprint on your RAM and storage drive memory. Remove components of your choice, guarded by compatibility safety mechanisms, which speed up finding that sweet spot.
Hardware target checklist is a particularly helpful feature. It allows you to see in advance for any missing drivers on the resulting deployment before applying changes. This enables you to target another machine when preparing an image, while trying to reach minimum deployment size.
Driver, Update and Language pack Integration
Easily integrate a single or multiple drivers, update or language packages. Package integration features smart sorting. It enables you to seamlessly add packages for integration and the tool will apply them in the appropriate order, keeping hotfix compatibility in check.
Easily change various Windows settings on your live installation or an image. Pre-configure Windows Features.
Windows Unattended feature support, providing many commonly used options on a single page for easy setup. Multiple-choice options are presented with valid entries, no typing necessary. There is an option to fill all the entries with the current Host machine data, allowing for fast setup.
Changes in NTLite 2.1.2 Build 8074:
- Settings: Win11 ‘TPM and SecureBoot setup requirement’ option (Make sure to apply to boot.wim, read description)
- Updates: Windows 11 Express Update CAB+PSF (Patch Storage File) integration support
- Components: ‘Windows Animation Manager’ 32 and 64 bit removals, 64-bit needed on Win8.1 and 10
- General: /AppendPreset switch option, to load additional common settings from command-line
- General: /ThreadMax switch option, to limit maximum CPU usage from command-line
- Components: ‘Windows PushToInstall Service’ split from Store, removal does not break Store
- Components: ‘Cumulative Update cache’ always listed for removal as an placeholder for integration in the same session
- Post-setup: CompactOS template moved to User box, and added the LZX option for deeper compression
- Updates: Simplified update cache subdirectory names for Win10 (“10.0.”->”10.”). Supports old paths if pre-exist
- UI-Translation: Thanks for Chinese Simplified (Gskening), French (tistou77), Italian (gabritb01), Polish (KrzysioZ)
- Components: ‘Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin’ detached from ‘Azure Active Directory’, only former needed for Store sign-in
- Components: Telemetry removal hanging setup for older Win10 versions, same like disable tweak was doing
- Source: Improved status bar Windows version display for loaded Server editions
- Presets: Not lowercasing preset file paths any more, it was a regression since directory subscription feature
- Updates: Win10 20H2 update list auto-select
Changes in NTLite 2.1.2 Build 8047:
- Settings: ‘News and interests – Taskbar widget’ setting would not stick on images
- Settings: Win10 1903 and older Telemetry Security/Disable option was hanging ‘Getting ready’ setup stage
- Components: Boot.wim removal of ‘Windows Component Database’ could prompt a locked file error
- Components: WMI Core 32-bit was not removable if 64-bit version kept
Changes in NTLite 2.1.2 Build 8039:
- Source: ‘Mounted Images’ grouping right-click Unload option for parallel unload of all mounted images at once
- Source: Preliminary Windows 11 build 21996 support, nothing official for now
- Source: Windows 10 21H2 build 21390 support
- Source: Windows 10 build 19044 as 21H2 support
- Source: Server 2022 20348 support
- Components: ‘Projected File System (ProjFS)’
- Settings: ‘I/O request packet stack size’
- Settings: ‘Meet Now – taskbar widget’
- Settings: ‘News And Interests – taskbar widget’
- Settings: ‘Launch folder windows in a separate process’
- Source: Automatic boot.wim tasks now separated in its own thread to not hang UI
- Source: Shortened auto-saved preset name
- Components: Win7 Natural Language 32-bit split
- Components: ‘Servicing Stack’ removal now includes pkgmgr
- Settings: Telemetry – Security setting expanded to include Disabling settings
- UI: Source page now auto-scrolls to loaded image folder
- UI: Improved multi-instancing of NTLite, processing 10 or more at once without conflicts
- UI-Translation: Thanks for French (tistou77), Polish (KrzysioZ), German (Cartman)
- UI: Apply list was sometimes unclickable during feature config and integration
- UI: Automatic update checking could pause source load for a bit
- UI: Components state Reset from toolbar in some cases could leave stuck components
- UI: Post-cancel, e.g. mounting, Source page editions were not refreshed automatically
- Source: Better unmount support for stuck images
- Components: WinUSB service needed reinstallation after removing deployed Portable Devices or SmartCard
- Components: Win10 1709 Scanner removal was breaking MMC Task Scheduler window
- Components: Win10 1709 now lists Mail if just Address book found
- Components: MMC snappins components registry leftovers cleaned
- Components: Cleaning of Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL empty directories
- Components: Remove Reinstalls leftovers
- Updates: Enqueued (download and integrate in a single session) cumulative+servicing combo pack integration could have failed
- Updates: NTLite_DISM log is restarted per session, not on each integration
- Updates: Downloader now recognizes and separates unsupported Windows versions, instead of selecting the first available
Changes in NTLite 2.1.1 Build 7917:
- Integrate: Package, Driver and Registry directory subscription functionality (Add – Directory – Subscribe)
- (Useful for a more dynamic presets, directory location dictates which items to queue on refresh)
- Components: ‘Microsoft Edge WebView’ (currently present on Win10 21H2)
- Components: ‘Microsoft Edge Update’ split from ‘Edge (Chromium)’
(Note for presets with existing Edge Chromium removal to uncheck this new component)
- Source: Server 2022 Preview support
- Post-Setup-User: Automatic pure runonce switch for images without Internet Explorer (no runonceex, e.g. Server Core)
- Registry: Registry page got a simple add Directory option to align with other pages, this is in addition to the new Subscribe
- Updates: PPKG remove option, from Hotfix page Existing list
- Components: Search includes component description
- UI-Translation: Thanks for French (tistou77), Italian (gabritb01), Polish (KrzysioZ)
- Post-Setup: User tasks preset loading might prompt non-existing file
- Post-Setup: Powershell script integration
- Udpates: PPKG integration regression fix (missing file error)
- Updates: .NET 3.5 language part existing annoying message removed on Add – Template – .NET 3.5 insertion
- UI: Apply page crash on opening
- UI: Update Host from Check Updates enqueue could loop
Homepage – https://www.ntlite.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Especially relevant, it does not require .NET Framework or any other addition to run under supported operating systems.
Size: 18.0 MB