Paragon Partition Manager 2014 Free is designed to do drive partitioning on computers that host Windows and Mac OS X environments. The program supports the latest Windows 8.1 and enables to resize partitions of Apple Boot Camp.
Paragon Partition Manager 2014 Free lets you achieve complete hard disk control with the most advanced partitioning tool! You can easily resize and move partitions through the smart and safe Resize Wizard.
Paragon Partition Manager 2014 Free also allows you to organize and optimize your hard drive with Create, Format and Delete Wizards.
Organize your hard drive and gain additional space in your existing partitions. Simplify the backup process by separating your data from your operating system.
Paragon Partition Manager 2014 Free lets you install several operating systems on separate drive partitions. Also you can safely change the file system type of an existing partition without reformatting. Boot Manager lets you choose what OS to boot during the computer startup.
User Friendly Fault Minimizing Interface:
- Graphical representation of the data to gain a better understanding.
- A handy Launcher to easily find and run the required tasks.
- Comprehensive wizards to simplify even the most complex operations.
- A context sensitive hint system for all functions of the program.
- Previewing the resulting layout of hard disks before actually executing operations (so-called virtual operations).
Partition/Hard Disk Management Facilities:
- Basic functions for initializing, partitioning and formatting hard disks (create, format, delete). Instead of the standard Windows disk tools, the program supports all popular file systems.
- Express Create Partition Wizard to create a new partition in the most appropriate place of a hard disk, format it to NTFS and then make it available in the system by assigning a drive letter.
- Express Resize Partitions Wizard to increase free space on one partition by up-taking the unused space of an adjacent partition of a hard disk (including partitions of Apple Boot Camp).
- NTFS hot resize upward to enlarge an NTFS partition (system, locked) without rebooting Windows and interrupting its work.
- Convert a file system (FAT16/32, NTFS) without reformatting.
- Mount a partition (assign a drive letter) of any file system type to make it available for your operating system.
- Modify file system parameters (make active/inactive, hide/unhide, etc.).
- Paragon Hot Backup technology to back up locked partitions and hard disks under Windows NT+ family operating systems providing both high operating efficiency as well as low hardware requirements.
- Paragon Power Shield technology to provide data consistency in case of a hardware malfunction, power outages or an operating system failure.
- Paragon UFSD technology to browse partitions of any file system including hidden and unmounted, modify and copy files and folders, etc.
- Paragon Hot Resize technology to enlarge NTFS partitions (system, locked) without rebooting Windows and interrupting its work.
- Paragon Smart Partition technology to securely perform hard disk partitioning operations of any complexity.
- Paragon BTE technology to set tasks for execution during the system restart, thus saving from the need to use a bootable media when modifying system partitions.
- Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to provide the copy/backup infrastructure for the Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/Server 2003/2008 operating systems. It offers a reliable mechanism to create consistent point-in-time copies of data known as shadow copies. Developed by Microsoft in close cooperation with the leading copy/backup solution vendors on the market, it is based on a snapshot technology concept.
- GUID Partition Table (GPT). It is the next generation of a hard disk partitioning scheme developed to lift restrictions of the old MBR. GPT disks are now supported by Windows Vista/7, Server 2008, Mac OS X and Linux.
Paragon Partition Manager 2014 Free Supported File Systems:
- Full read/write access to FAT16/FAT32 partitions.
- Full read/write access to NTFS (v1.2, v3.0, v3.1)under Windows, Linux and PTS DOS. Compressed NTFS files are also supported.
- Limited read/write access to Apple HFS+ partitions
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Homepage – http://www.paragon-software.com
Size: 41.6 MB