FreeCommander XE 2018 is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager. The program helps you with daily work in Windows. Here you can find all the necessary functions to manage your data stock.
You can take FreeCommander XE 2018 anywhere and you can even work with this program on a foreign computer. Just copy the installation directory on a CD or USB-Stick –
FreeCommander XE 2018 is a dual-panel file explorer with many features. In addition to the standard file management features, it can be used to compare directories, display folder sizes, synchronize folders and more.
The program can also open/create ZIP and CAB files, and open RAR files as well as search inside those archives. You can set view filters, create folder list (for printing), change file attributes, launch a command prompt, take a desktop screenshot and more.
Main features in FreeCommander XE 2018:
- The interface of FreeCommander is user-friendly and adaptable
- Two panels that are arranged next to each other or among each other
- For each panel you can fade in a tree-view
- Drives selection as combo box or bar
- FreeCommander has an integrated DOS command prompt
- Most of the functions can be started easily by Shortcuts
- File names and paths can be copied into the Clipboard
- Drag and Drop support for the file operations
- Windows or Norton Commander selection mode
- The program can be adjusted to its user by various options
- Different views for file lists: list, details, small symbols, big symbols, picture preview
- Display of file symbols (fixed, registered, extracted) is definable
- File and directory information are shown in the status line
- File information can be shown as information tip
- The displayed files can be sorted by name, size, type, file time and attributes
- Several layouts can be saved
- Tabbed interface can be used
- Access to the most important system directories
- Quick access to the Start menu as well as to elements of the desktop and control panel
- A quick change into a directory or archive is possible because of directory favorites
- Additional programs can be included as favorites
- Type and colours can be changed
- The intern file viewer enables a quick view of the files in the formats such as text, hexadecimal, binary and as picture
- File and directory operations are supported: copy, move, delete, rename
- Wipe file operation is supported
- Create and verify MD5 checksums
- Multi rename function
- Large files can be divided into smaller parts
- Context menu and properties of files and directories are displayed
- Size of directories can be determined
- Directories can be compared and synchronised
- File time and file attributes can be changed
- Time shift of several files is possible
- Directory list can be made
- Supported archive formats: ZIP and other with plugins
- Files can be compressed
- Archives can be unpacked
- Creation of self-extracting files is possible (ZIP)
- The intern file viewer also works in archive files
- Files can be also searched in directories and drives
- Search for file contents (text) is possible
- Search in archives is possible
- Display search matches
- Quick view of the files out of the matches list is possible
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 786:
- Bug fix: Compare folders – takes a long time if there are several thousand files in folders.
- Bug fix: Tree view is not updated when deleting a folder in the file list via context menu.
- Bug fix: Quick starter – In order to search with quick filter first focus must be set in the field. That was not necessary in the old version.
- Bug fix: Automatic views – few minor bugs fixed
- Bug fix: Different behavior of selected items when deleting with the Windows method
- Bug fix: Exception on program start if thumbnail view is active in one pane
- Bug fix: Exception on drives reload if drive button was added to toolbar
- Bug fix: Rename with slow double click does not work if the option “Hot track only” is active
- Bug fix: Sorting on shell columns does not work properly
- Bug fix: Searching for the hex string does not work properly (viewer and search dialog)
- Bug fix: Option “Keep expanded nodes per Tab” broken
- Bug fix: RAR files created on Android can not be extracted
- Bug fix: Column profiles – added Windows column can get wrong title
- Bug fix: Message “The system cannot find the path specified” can be showed twice
- Bug fix: Drive icons may be not correctly displayed in toolbars
- Bug fix: Copy&paste in the tree does not refresh the tree
- Bug fix: An internal error in the thumbnail display may slow down the display, especially from the network.
- Changed: Tab caption – UNC-paths are displayed with “1:” instead of the server name
- Changed: Freecommander.ini option “ThumbsNoClipCaption” can be defined now in the settings dialog: “Draw caption without clipping”
- Implemented: Quick starter settings – item colors by file type
- Implemented: Quick starter – in “Repository -> Reorganize” function you will be asked, if non existing elements should be removed.
- Implemented: Switch view mode automatically on folder change – “Settings -> Column profiles/Automatic views”
- Implemented: If the favorite tree option “Full row select” is active, the double click (or click) will also work if the mouse is not over the name
- Implemented: Currently we can switch to the desired drive with Shift+drive-letter. If no root folder is active after switching, then using again Shift+drive-letter will switch to the root folder.
- Implemented: Quick starter settings – selection color added
- Implemented: Main menu items added “Edit -> Save selection” and “Edit -> Restore selection”
- Implemented: When navigating in the folder history (Alt + Left, Alt + Right), non-existent folders are ignored.
- Implemented: Searching duplicates
- Implemented: Multirename – new options for case processing “Upper first letter following any of defined characters:”, “Keep current case”
Homepage – https://freecommander.com
Size: 8.64 MB