UltraDefrag is an open source disk defragmenter for Windows operating systems. It is very fast, because the defragmenting is done by kernel-mode driver. UltraDefrag makes use of the same defragmenting API used by many other windows defrag utilities, both open and closed source.
UltraDefrag has many unique features . Firstly it has a kernel mode driver that does most of the work. Secondly is the ability to run the application at boot up time in a manner similar to chkdsk. This allows for faster defragmentation time and the ability to defragment all files including system files. It can also defrag single file or multiple directory, generate a list of all fragmented files.
The program is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows running on both AMD and Intel based processor. There are three interface available: Graphical, Console and Native.
The UltraDefrag Micro Edition is a special package for advanced users who prefers extreme stability and power. This edition is a little bit faster, much stable (its driver contains just most important parts). It has console interface to speed up defragmentation process. Boot-time defragmentation feature is available too. The Micro Edition saves reports in plain text format.
- automatic defragmentation
- fast and efficient defragmentation algorithms
- safe environment preventing files corruption
- detailed file fragmentation reports
- defragmentation of individual files/folders
- fully configurable disk optimization
- defragmentation of locked system files
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams
- exclusion of files by path, size and number of fragments
- drive processing time limit
- defragmentation of disks having the specified fragmentation level
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion
- multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available)
- one click defragmentation via Windows Explorer’s context menu
- powerful command line interface
- easy to use portable edition
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows
Changes in UltraDefrag 8.0.1:
- compatibility with HiDPI displays was improved
- Turkish translation was updated
Changes in UltraDefrag 7.1.3:
- Installation was simplified
Homepage – https://ultradefrag.net
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
UltraDefrag can defragment both FAT and NTFS disks with just a couple of restrictions:
- It cannot defragment FAT directories, because their first clusters are immovable.
- It cannot defragment master file tables (MFT), because their first 16 clusters are immovable.
Size: 2.11 MB