Auslogics Disk Defrag 9 is a vital maintenance tool that will improve your PC’s performance by defragmenting and re-arranging files on your disk. This software was designed to remedy system sluggishness and crashes caused by disk fragmentation.
Auslogics Disk Defrag is extremely simple to use. It does not require any analysis phase and is faster than most of the other disk defragmentation software. It will help you get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments.
Auslogics Disk Defrag places system files to the faster part of the disk, minimizing the time needed for the hard drive to access them. Merges scattered pieces of free space into a contiguous block, preventing fragmentation of newly created files.
Auslogics Disk Defrag 9 minimizes growth of the VSS storage area and reduces the chance of overwriting previous VSS snapshots. You can set to start defragmentation automatically when computer has been idle for 15 minutes.
This defragmenting tool is designed for fast optimization of today’s modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments. Can save your time by defragmenting only necessary files, instead of defragmenting an entire hard drive.
Auslogics Disk Defrag 9 is not just a defragmenter any more, but a fully featured disk optimizer. And with all the advanced techniques of disk optimization it has, Disk Defrag remains extremely compact and even easier to use!
Auslogics Disk Defrag Features:
- Free space consolidation. Disk Defrag merges free space into a large contiguous block. This technology dramatically slows further files fragmentation and speeds up disk access.
- System files smart placement. Commonly used by Windows, system files may be scattered all over the disk and intermixed with data files. Disk Defrag arranges system files by defragmenting and moving them to the faster part of the disk. This minimizes the time needed for HDD to access system files improving overall computer performance.
- Enhanced user interface. A redesigned user interface integrated into the Windows Explorer context menu and minimized to system tray on close. Use its many new customization settings to simplify defragmentation process.
- List of fragmented files. Auslogics Disk Defrag lists all the fragmented files after performing disk analysis. You can find the most fragmented files and their paths by sorting the list. Right-click on any file directly in the list to defragment it.
Normally, NTFS file system reserves about 12.5% of the disk volume for the MFT records (a place where system store information about every file and directory). However, when the rest of the disk space is getting low, the MFT Reserved Zone will be used for storing regular files. This may lead to MFT fragmentation. Auslogics Disk Defrag replaces regular files from the MFT Reserved Zone into the rest of the disk space, and allows NTFS to allocate contiguous space for the MFT records and thus to prevent its fragmentation.
More Advanced Features:
- Auto-defrag mode. With its auto-defragmentation feature, Disk Defrag acts in real time, while your system is idle. It can easily defragment your hard drives in the background and you will not even notice its activity.
- Single file or folder defragmentation. It is sometimes reasonable to defragment either one or several individual files instead of defragmenting an entire drive. Auslogics Disk Defrag can save your time by defragmenting only those files that you’ve selected.
- Scheduled defragmentation. Running Auslogics Disk Defrag on a regular basis ensures your disks stay defragmented. Use a wide range of its scheduler options to set the most suitable time span for disks defragmentation.
- Multiple Languages. Available in English, German, Dutch, Japanese and Russian.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 126.96.36.199 (2020-06-15):
- Error alerts are now easier to read and understand.
- User interface received some minor design enhancements.
- All known bugs have been fixed.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 188.8.131.52 (2020-02-27):
- Resolved 13 minor bugs and interface issues
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 184.108.40.206 (2020-02-18):
- Resolved the issue a limited number of users had experienced during program installation
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 220.127.116.11 (2020-02-05):
- Made a significant number of minor enhancements to user interface
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 18.104.22.168 (2020-01-08):
- User Interface: changed some button colors.
- Rescue Center: added the option to choose on which drive to store Rescue Center files.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 22.214.171.124 (2019-12-09):
- All known bugs fixed.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 126.96.36.199 Free (2019-11-07):
- Updated analytics engine.
- Fixed all known bugs.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 188.8.131.52 Free (2019-10-18):
- Analytics bug fixed.
- Minor bug fixed.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 184.108.40.206 Free (2019-10-15):
- Added German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Russian languages.
- Minor bug fixes.
Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag 220.127.116.11 Free (2019-09-11):
- Made some analytics improvements.
- All known bugs fixed.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 15.9 MB