CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This app is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
CCleaner can run from a USB drive and be installed or run on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
Especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. And contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Changes in CCleaner 5.33.6162 (August 15, 2017):
- Fixed an issue where Automatic Update continued to inform users of an existing update after the setting had been disabled
- Updated Edge cookie cleaning definitions to include new tables from Microsoft
- Fixed an issue in Firefox where extensions could not be deleted due to withdrawal of support for Netscape Plugin API
- Fixed an issue in Firefox & Thunderbird where cleaning ‘Site Preferences’ would also clean ‘Last Download Location’
- Browser Plugins list now saved as browserplugins.txt (not startup.txt)
- Fixed an issue where analysis results did not display the full filepath
- Improved CCleaner launch sequence to resolve a UI lock
Homepage – http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Size: 9.34 MB