CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This application is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
You can run CCleaner from a USB drive and install on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
The program is especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. CCleaner contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in CCleaner 5.83.9050 (July 20, 2021):
- New support for Windows 10 Snip & Sketch temporary files
- Improved cleaning of Microsoft OneDrive logs
- Improved error handling messages and options
- Fixed a bug where driver categories were not displaying correctly
- Fixed a bug causing UI issues when navigating between tabs
- Fixed a bug causing the program to hang when scanning for drivers to update
Changes in CCleaner 5.82.8950 (June 17, 2021):
New PRO Feature: Driver Updater!
- Our mission at CCleaner is to make our customers’ lives easier by simplifying their relationship with digital technology. Today, we’re bringing safe and reliable driver updates to CCleaner Professional, with no need to break the bank on an additional app. Our new Driver Updater finds more drivers than built-in solutions, saves you time and stress from having to find drivers on the web, and delivers drivers that are safe and reliable. Improve media performance, reduce crashes and bugs, and enjoy a better PC experience today!
Changes in CCleaner 5.81.8895 (June 8, 2021):
- Fixed a crash if using Health Check without an internet connection
Driver Updater Beta
- Released to a limited group for initial feedback
- You can use the ‘Give Feedback’ button within the feature to share your thoughts
- Not yet suitable for users of assistive technologies (it will be when fully released)
- We expect to make it available to everyone very soon! 🙂
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor UI improvements
Changes in CCleaner 5.80.8743 (May 25, 2021):
- Disk Analyzer: Fixed a bug where files were not shown when viewing scan results by file type
- Minor improvements to Trial experience
Changes in CCleaner 5.79.8704 (April 29, 2021):
- Added new cleaning of Slack cache (this optional setting does not wipe message history)
- We have re-enabled the ‘Wipe Free Space’ feature with new diagnostics information to catch a bug that was reported but not reproduced in our thorough testing
- We have added optional debug logging to try to catch a rare ‘rule duplication’ bug
- We fixed some instances where the app was using HTTP instead of HTTPS
Changes in CCleaner 5.78.8558 (March 25, 2021):
- Restored support for local domains to the ‘Cookies To Keep’ whitelist (e.g. ‘localhost’, ‘desktop2’)
- We have disabled the ‘Wipe Free Space’ feature while we investigate reports of erroneous data erasure
- You can now choose to use standard cleaning rules or Custom Clean for scheduled cleans
- Fixed a bug where unchecking Smart Cleaning did not uncheck its child options
New Onboarding Flow
- We’ve added a new quick start guide called Help Hub that is active during a trial for some users (currently EN only)
- The new CCleaner onboarding experience fully supports NVDA screen reader and meets WCAG AA requirements
- Tab navigation order through different sections of the app window is now more consistent
- Improved Search Field labelling for NVDA
- Fixed an issue where Disk Analyzer would hang at the end of analysis if NVDA was running
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 34.6 MB