CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This application is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
You can run CCleaner from a USB drive and install on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
The program is especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. CCleaner contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in CCleaner 5.86.9258 (October 20, 2021):
- We’ve fixed a bug where cleaning and update notifications were interrupting fullscreen applications
- Note: a notifications bug remains for users of Razor Cortex – we’re in contact with Razor and a fix is in progress
- We’ve made improvements to Smart Cleaning notifications to make them easier to understand
- We’ve updated some text in Health Check to reduce confusion
- We’ve fixed a bug where using a VPN connection would show certain parts of Health Check as ‘offline’
- We’ve fixed a bug in the icon menu that was hiding the ‘Exit’ button beneath the Taskbar
Speaking your language
- We’ve fixed some Chinese character display issues in Health Check
- We’ve improved how assistive technology reads out your current position in a list, in non-English languages
Far out, man!
- We’ve fixed some drivers thinking they were born in the 1970s!
Changes in CCleaner 5.85.9170 (September 14, 2021):
- We’ve made it easier to switch off a Smart Cleaning alert if you don’t find it helpful
Keeping your drivers updated
- CCleaner now automatically scans for new drivers once per week
- To reduce confusion caused by different vendors’ version numbering, drivers now display date published instead of version (the version info is still in the Driver Details screen)
- Small accessibility and usability improvements
Getting started with CCleaner
- We’ve added a short intro to the product to give newcomers a bit of guidance
Smoother CCleaner experience
- We’ve fixed a crash that occurs when we try to clean Firefox that was installed with a non-admin Windows user account
- We’ve added a warning when trying to register the paid product while not logged into an administrator account
Changes in CCleaner 5.84.9143 (September 08, 2021):
- Stability: Resolved a bug that was creating excessive load on our infrastructure.
Changes in CCleaner 5.84.9126 (August 18, 2021):
Improving your CCleaner experience
- Smart Clean no longer prompts you to clean certain browsers if they are closed via an automated process (addresses some ‘ghost’ cleaning notifications)
- We’ve made it even simpler to use Health Check in subsequent visits to CCleaner
- We’ve made it easier for you to know which drivers to revert if an update causes a problem
- This new revert flow will also help us to understand where improvements to driver compatibility is most needed
- The PC info section now detects Windows 11 correctly
- An indicator in the app now tells you when your subscription is nearing expiry
- Fixed some uncommon bugs in license registration
- Fixed some Chinese character display issues
Changes in CCleaner 5.83.9050 (July 20, 2021):
- New support for Windows 10 Snip & Sketch temporary files
- Improved cleaning of Microsoft OneDrive logs
- Improved error handling messages and options
- Fixed a bug where driver categories were not displaying correctly
- Fixed a bug causing UI issues when navigating between tabs
- Fixed a bug causing the program to hang when scanning for drivers to update
Changes in CCleaner 5.82.8950 (June 17, 2021):
New PRO Feature: Driver Updater!
- Our mission at CCleaner is to make our customers’ lives easier by simplifying their relationship with digital technology. Today, we’re bringing safe and reliable driver updates to CCleaner Professional, with no need to break the bank on an additional app. Our new Driver Updater finds more drivers than built-in solutions, saves you time and stress from having to find drivers on the web, and delivers drivers that are safe and reliable. Improve media performance, reduce crashes and bugs, and enjoy a better PC experience today!
Changes in CCleaner 5.81.8895 (June 8, 2021):
- Fixed a crash if using Health Check without an internet connection
Driver Updater Beta
- Released to a limited group for initial feedback
- You can use the ‘Give Feedback’ button within the feature to share your thoughts
- Not yet suitable for users of assistive technologies (it will be when fully released)
- We expect to make it available to everyone very soon! 🙂
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor UI improvements
Changes in CCleaner 5.80.8743 (May 25, 2021):
- Disk Analyzer: Fixed a bug where files were not shown when viewing scan results by file type
- Minor improvements to Trial experience
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 34.6 MB