CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This app is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
CCleaner can run from a USB drive and be installed or run on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
Especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. And contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in CCleaner 5.65.7632 (March 24, 2020):
- Added new areas in Internet Explorer’s LocalAppData
- Improved Internet Explorer cache cleaning
- Browser Smart Cleaning now supports Edge Chromium
- Health Check no longer shows a connection error incorrectly (thanks nukecad!)
- Improved wording around connection errors to avoid unnecessary confusion
- Fixed Health Check freezing in some cases when CCleaner is launched (thanks APMichael!)
- CCleaner is now translated into Bengali and Urdu
- Made improvements to various translations
- Fixed a bug where the Estonian language option was showing Slovenian
Bug Fixes & Minor Changes
- Fixed a bug where erroneous data was being added to the .ini file (thanks larryg1516!)
Changes in CCleaner 5.64.7613 (March 3, 2020):
Introducing… ‘Health Check’
- Health Check brings together CCleaner’s most popular tools in a new user-friendly interface to help users to easily maintain their PC
- In just a few clicks, users of any technical ability can clean, update and disable unnecessary startup apps in one go, to save space and boost speed, privacy and security
- Health Check replaces Easy Clean, following feedback from users on how it could be enhanced
Edge Chromium & browser cleaning improvements
- Added full support for Microsoft’s new Edge Chromium browser
- Fixed a bug in Google Earth cache cleaning
- If requested, CCleaner can now disable ‘Preloading’ in old Edge (allows complete cleaning)
User-friendly improvements to installer offers
- Offers for Avast and CCleaner products are now presented in a separate step in the installer
- Offers for Avast and CCleaner products are no longer checked by default
Farewell to Windows XP & Vista (;_;)
- Version 5.64.7577 is the final planned build for Windows XP and Vista
- This version will only receive critical security updates
- Read our FAQs for further information and assistance
Other minor improvements
- Improved country embargo checks to reduce false positives
- Fixed a UI bug in Scheduling interface
- Fixed a bug where ‘OK’ button missing from some dialogue messages
- Removed Google Plus from the ‘About’ screen
Changes in CCleaner 5.63.7540 (October 15, 2019):
- This release contains an important security update and some minor bug fixes and UI updates
Changes in CCleaner 5.62.7538 (October 3, 2019):
- General – Added cleaning for recent searches in Microsoft Outlook
- Feature Preview – Some users of CCleaner will be able to preview the next iteration of our Easy Clean feature. We will fully roll out this feature in the coming weeks
- Installer – We have listened to your feedback and are testing improvements to the presentation of product offers during installation
Changes in CCleaner 5.61.7392 (August 20, 2019):
- Added cleaning for Windows 10 clipboard history
- Improved translations for: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Korean, Norwegian, Slovak, Swedish and Turkish
- Stability improvements
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows XP (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Mac 10.6 to 10.11 64-bit editions
Size: 21.2 MB