CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This application is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
You can run CCleaner from a USB drive and install on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
The program is especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. CCleaner contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in CCleaner 5.78.8558 (March 25, 2021):
- Restored support for local domains to the ‘Cookies To Keep’ whitelist (e.g. ‘localhost’, ‘desktop2’)
- We have disabled the ‘Wipe Free Space’ feature while we investigate reports of erroneous data erasure
- You can now choose to use standard cleaning rules or Custom Clean for scheduled cleans
- Fixed a bug where unchecking Smart Cleaning did not uncheck its child options
New Onboarding Flow
- We’ve added a new quick start guide called Help Hub that is active during a trial for some users (currently EN only)
- The new CCleaner onboarding experience fully supports NVDA screen reader and meets WCAG AA requirements
- Tab navigation order through different sections of the app window is now more consistent
- Improved Search Field labelling for NVDA
- Fixed an issue where Disk Analyzer would hang at the end of analysis if NVDA was running
Changes in CCleaner 5.77.8521 (March 4, 2021):
- Stability: CCleaner no longer becomes unresponsive when cycling quickly through the Options menu
Changes in CCleaner 5.77.8448 (February 18, 2021):
- Improved support for screen readers in the purchase flow
- Fixed a bug where the license information could be reset and lost
- Added Download History cleaning for Avast Secure Browser
- Updated the visual design of the product update sequence
- Fixed a bug where the system tray icon was displaying when it shouldn’t
- Fixed a rare bug where Update Notifications would be shown when they shouldn’t
Changes in CCleaner 5.76.8269 (January 13, 2021):
- We now prevent invalid data from being imported to the ‘Cookies to Keep’ list
- We now clean up any of our dump files created more than 14 days ago when you run CCleaner
- Made many improvements to NVDA screen reader support in Health Check
- Improved NVDA support for reading checkbox lists and checkbox statuses
- Resolved a permissions error when enabling the ‘Save files to INI’ option
- Fixed an error when enabling the ‘Skip UAC’ option
- Fixed a rare bug where an update could unregister CCleaner Professional
- Made some text labels clearer
Changes in CCleaner 5.75.8238 (December 10, 2020):
- The ‘Cookies to Keep’ list can now import any text file (‘Options’ → ‘Updates’)
- Chrome Beta cleaning has been restored
- We fixed a silent crash when closing CCleaner
- We’ve made it clearer how Smart Cleaning settings interact with each other
- We’ve added a note to explain that Smart Cleaning uses the Custom Clean settings
- We’ve improved the wording of ‘Run CCleaner at startup’ to ‘Launch CC app windows each time the computer starts’
- The language list now lists languages in their native tongue (‘Options’ → ‘Settings’ )
- We’ve fixed some text translations throughout the app
Changes in CCleaner 5.74.8198 (November 11, 2020):
- This release contains an essential session cleaning compatibility update for Chromium browsers such as CCleaner Browser, Google Chrome, Edge, Brave, Opera, Opera GX, Avast Secure Browser and Vivaldi.
- Updates to CCleaner will now be applied automatically in CCleaner Free.
- You can review your Update Preferences in the ‘Options’ → ‘Updates’ menu.
- If automatic updates are enabled, CCleaner will run in the background and check for them twice daily (if you run CCleaner it will always check for an update first).
- We have simplified the ‘Options’ → ‘Updates’ menu down to two settings: one for controlling automatic updates and another for controlling update notifications.
- If your license has expired, we will occasionally show you a reminder when you run CCleaner.
- We fixed a bug where text in warning message boxes was highlighted.
Changes in CCleaner 5.73.8130 (October 26, 2020):
- The status of a CCleaner license is now clearer in the UI
- Disabled or expired licenses can now be reactivated from the app
- Improved screen reader navigation on the Cookies, Registry & Users screens
Changes in CCleaner 5.72.7994 (September 23, 2020):
- Fixed Saved Passwords not being cleaned in Firefox v80
- Greatly improved support for NVDA and JAWS screen readers so that people with visual impairment who use assistive technology can navigate quickly and intuitively through the app
- Updated color contrast throughout the user interface to make text, icons, and buttons more readable for people with color vision deficiency
- Fixed certain message boxes not having focus when they appear
Changes in CCleaner 5.71.7971 (September 14, 2020):
- Firefox internet cache cleaning now includes startup cache
- New! Added cleaning for Spotify to clean cached songs (but not your saved songs for offline use)
- All users can now opt out of offers for other products
Changes in CCleaner 5.70.7909 (August 6, 2020):
Important information for Firefox users
- If you use Firefox with a Firefox account, we strongly recommend that you update CCleaner to version 5.70 before cleaning. This version of CCleaner fixes an issue that can cause extension settings to be lost in Firefox.
- The update also includes performance improvements and improved support for Opera GX.
Important fix for Firefox users
- Fixed a bug where CCleaner could wipe extension settings in Firefox if using a Firefox account
- Added Smart Clean support for Opera GX
- CCleaner now differentiates between Opera and Opera GX processes
- Fixed a rare bug where Health Check would not close all selected browsers
- Fixed a performance issue where CCleaner could use more CPU than it needed
- DetectOS syntax correctly supports full Windows build numbers in WinApp2
Changes in CCleaner 5.69.7865 (July 21, 2020):
- Added cleaning support for Opera GX gaming browser
- Minor UI improvements
- Fixed DetectOS from|to syntax functionality in WinApp2
- Fixed occasional missing information in the Licence Information screen
Changes in CCleaner 5.68.7820 (June 23, 2020):
- Fixed browser extensions not being shown in Firefox and Chrome
- Fixed cleaning of ‘Last Download Location’ in Chromium browsers
- Users can now provide a comment with their rating
- Software Updater displays a message when offline and a ‘Try Again’ button
Changes in CCleaner 5.67.7763 (May 28, 2020):
- Added optional cleaning of Firefox crash reports
- Fixed a potential crash when CCleaner Professional, Business or Tech Editions launch on Windows 7
- Fixes to the Professional trial to improve the delivery of its guided experience
Changes in CCleaner 5.66.7716 (May 01, 2020):
In this version of CCleaner we have added full cleaning support for the Brave and Vivaldi browsers!
Please note we have patched the 5.66.7705 version to 5.66.7716 to fix a stability issue in the CCleaner Professional Trial flow.
- Brave browser can now be cleaned independently
- Vivaldi browser can now be cleaned independently
- Fixed an issue where ‘Cookies’ was also deleting internet history and was incorrectly reporting large numbers of trackers
- Internet history is now deleted via the ‘History’ Privacy category, which also includes download history and recently typed URLs
- Starting a CCleaner Professional trial now gives you a guided experience to its features
Changes in CCleaner 5.65.7632 (March 24, 2020):
- Added new areas in Internet Explorer’s LocalAppData
- Improved Internet Explorer cache cleaning
- Browser Smart Cleaning now supports Edge Chromium
- Health Check no longer shows a connection error incorrectly (thanks nukecad!)
- Improved wording around connection errors to avoid unnecessary confusion
- Fixed Health Check freezing in some cases when CCleaner is launched (thanks APMichael!)
- CCleaner is now translated into Bengali and Urdu
- Made improvements to various translations
- Fixed a bug where the Estonian language option was showing Slovenian
Bug Fixes & Minor Changes
- Fixed a bug where erroneous data was being added to the .ini file (thanks larryg1516!)
Changes in CCleaner 5.64.7613 (March 3, 2020):
Introducing… ‘Health Check’
- Health Check brings together CCleaner’s most popular tools in a new user-friendly interface to help users to easily maintain their PC
- In just a few clicks, users of any technical ability can clean, update and disable unnecessary startup apps in one go, to save space and boost speed, privacy and security
- Health Check replaces Easy Clean, following feedback from users on how it could be enhanced
Edge Chromium & browser cleaning improvements
- Added full support for Microsoft’s new Edge Chromium browser
- Fixed a bug in Google Earth cache cleaning
- If requested, CCleaner can now disable ‘Preloading’ in old Edge (allows complete cleaning)
User-friendly improvements to installer offers
- Offers for Avast and CCleaner products are now presented in a separate step in the installer
- Offers for Avast and CCleaner products are no longer checked by default
Farewell to Windows XP & Vista (;_;)
- Version 5.64.7577 is the final planned build for Windows XP and Vista
- This version will only receive critical security updates
- Read our FAQs for further information and assistance
Other minor improvements
- Improved country embargo checks to reduce false positives
- Fixed a UI bug in Scheduling interface
- Fixed a bug where ‘OK’ button missing from some dialogue messages
- Removed Google Plus from the ‘About’ screen
Changes in CCleaner 5.63.7540 (October 15, 2019):
- This release contains an important security update and some minor bug fixes and UI updates
Changes in CCleaner 5.62.7538 (October 3, 2019):
- General – Added cleaning for recent searches in Microsoft Outlook
- Feature Preview – Some users of CCleaner will be able to preview the next iteration of our Easy Clean feature. We will fully roll out this feature in the coming weeks
- Installer – We have listened to your feedback and are testing improvements to the presentation of product offers during installation
Changes in CCleaner 5.61.7392 (August 20, 2019):
- Added cleaning for Windows 10 clipboard history
- Improved translations for: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Korean, Norwegian, Slovak, Swedish and Turkish
- Stability improvements
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 29.8 MB