CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. This application is easy to use, one click cleaning so beginners can optimize their computers in seconds. In addition, it’s packed with advanced features for power users.
It is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. Removes unused files from your system, allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.
You can run CCleaner from a USB drive and install on a computer without a complicated setup process. It is possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore from the cleaning process.
The program is especially relevant that it’s fast. Normally taking less than a second to run. CCleaner contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also the Autocomplete form history and index.dat files.
- Firefox. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Google Chrome. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies. Also download history and form history.
- Opera. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies and download history.
- Apple Safari. Temporary files, history, cookies, super cookies, form history.
- Other Supported Browsers. K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron. Also Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.
- Windows. Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, Log files, Clipboard. Also DNS Cache, Error Reporting, Memory Dumps and Jump Lists.
- Registry Cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries. Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs. Also Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons. Invalid Shortcuts and more…
- Third-party applications. Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps. Including Windows Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Microsoft Office. Also Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
Changes in CCleaner 5.91.9537 (16 Mar 2022):
Maintaining cleaning reliability
- We’re now cleaning Google syndication cookies fully in Google Chrome
Making CCleaner easy to use
- We’ve created a new way to register a license key in the product (find it in ‘Options’ > ‘License Key’)
- We’ve improved the design of the screen to make it simpler to register your CCleaner license key
- You’ll now see a more helpful message if something goes wrong
- Finally, we have an improved screen where you can review and manage your license
Keeping the app running smoothly
- We addressed a bug that was causing the ‘Save to Text File’ action in the Uninstall tool to add unwanted whitespace, making it copy-paste-unfriendly for spreadsheets
- CCleaner no longer crashes when importing cookies from a text file (‘Cookies to Keep’ right-click menu)
Changes in CCleaner 5.90.9443 (16 Feb 2022):
Expanding our cleaning
- Added new temp file cleaning for Chrome User Data
- Added new temp file cleaning for various Windows system components
- Added new temp file cleaning for Microsoft Photos app
- Fixed a bug in cleaning for Windows Game Explorer
Even more reliable driver updating
- Since its release in July 2021, we have put a lot of focus on minimizing the possibility of errors when using Driver Updater
- This release includes two new safety features in our proprietary technology, which reduce the likelihood of problems occurring
- Driver Updater is a feature of our premium CCleaner Professional product
- You can check for available updates for free, but you get updates you need to either upgrade or start a free trial
NEW! Automatic language detection on install
- Some of you told us that you uninstalled CCleaner because it doesn’t have translations when, in fact, we support over 60 languages!
- To remedy this, when you first install CCleaner, it will intelligently start up in a suitable language based on your system settings
- This only affects completely fresh installations (over-the-top installs do not modify language settings)
- You can change your language setting inside the app ‘Options’ > ‘Settings’
Changes in CCleaner 5.89.9385 (24 Jan 2022):
- We are cleaning Chromium browser cookies again, after a change to where Chromium stores them. This affects all Chromium browsers, e.g. CCleaner Browser, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave, Vivaldi, Opera and Yandex.
- We’ve added support for cleaning Firefox where it’s installed via the Microsoft Store. Every app installed via the Microsoft Store saves to a new location, so we will be working our way through other popular apps on the Store to ensure that CCleaner is able to clean them.
- We have upgraded CCleaner to use C++ 20. This allows us to work more efficiently and deliver app improvements more quickly.
Changes in CCleaner 5.88.9346 (December 14, 2021):
Better driver updating
- We’ve made some improvements to how Driver Updater searches for driver updates for you
- We fixed an issue where the update counter on the Driver Updater icon was not updating correctly
Improved accessibility support
- We’ve improved navigation the ‘upgrade’ screen if you use NVDA screen reader
- We fixed a bug in Health Check that was hiding the ‘Back to Overview’ button once you clicked on the icons for ‘Privacy,’ ‘Space,’ and others for more detailed information
- We fixed a bug where you might get asked for admin permissions to run CCleaner (even if you’ve already granted them)
- We fixed a bug where a ccleaner.ini file gets created incorrectly
Changes in CCleaner 5.87.9306 (November 16, 2021):
- We’ve improved Microsoft Edge Chromium cache cleaning
- We’ve added new cleaning for Windows Event Trace Log (ETL) files
A more helpful Driver Updater
- The feature icon now tells you when there are driver updates available
- We’ve fixed an issue that meant that some drivers would not update on the first attempt
- We’ve fixed visual bugs that occur on high DPI screens or high zoom settings
- Long driver names now display correctly in the app
Easier subscription management
- We’ve added a new menu where you can manage your CCleaner subscription and discover other CCleaner products
Additional bug fixes
- We’ve fixed an issue in Software Updater where some 32-bit software was incorrectly claiming updates were available
- We’ve fixed some non-English display issues in Health Check
Homepage – https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit)
- Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions)
- Apple Mac running 64-bit macOS 10.10 and above.
Size: 46.8 MB