Comodo Firewall is one of the most powerful and smartest personal firewalls you can ever see. It features both inbound and outbound packet filtering in combination with robust outbound application filtering at the network layer.
The new-look interface facilitates quick and easy access to all major settings, including the powerful and highly configurable security rules interface.
Comodo Firewall is your first layer of defense against viruses, worms, Trojans, hackers and all Internet threats. Firewall uses Default Deny Protection to prevent threats from occurring, rather than just detecting them when it’s already too late.
If the file asking for access is on the list, Comodo Firewall can be sure it’s safe for your computer to allow it to execute. If not, Comodo Firewall will alert you that a possibly malicious file is trying to enter your PC.
The software also boasts a powerful and vigilant packet filtering firewall. That helps you connect to the internet in a secure way while blocking hackers from making incoming connections.
Real time traffic monitoring enables you to react instantly to threats and identify bandwidth bottlenecks. It’s easy to use and features an attractive interface that lets even beginners change settings to their liking. Comodo Firewall comes with automatic updates for the latest in PC protection.
Comodo Firewall 2020 Features:
- Application Component Authentication. Validates all the components of an application before allowing it internet access.
- Application Behavior Analysis. Analyzes each application behavior and detects any suspicious activity before allowing internet access.
- Defense against Trojan Protocols. advanced protocol driver level protection
- Smart Alerts. Every alert includes a Security Consideration section with advice to users.
- Windows Security Center Integration. Windows recognizes Comodo Firewall Pro
- Self Protection against Critical Process Termination – cannot be shut down by Trojans, Spyware or viruses.
- PC Security during PC Start Up – includes the option to secure the host while the operating system is booting.
- Automatic Updater – includes an interactive automatic updater component so that users can check for updates any time.
- Error Reporting Interface – includes an XP style bug reporting interface.
- Firewall Logging – reveals all the activities with detailed descriptions of the events.
- Security Rules Interface – combines with an easy to use GUI.
- Application Activity Control – watches each application in detail by showing addresses, ports and amount of traffic.
- Graphical User Interface – enables or disables any part of the firewall with one click
- Application Recognition Database – recognizes over 10000 applications and determines their security risks.
Changes in COMODO Internet Security 2020 22.214.171.12412:
- WSL 2 can not work when install CIS
- Solitaire can not run in sandbox
- System restore is restoring the registry issue
- cmdvirth can be stoped
- Support jumbo frames in fw
- Setting allow contained applications access to the clipboard does not work
- Fixed BSOD cased by cmderd on 32 bit OS
Changes in COMODO Internet Security 2020 126.96.36.19962:
- CIS going to use reduced(light) database in default. Option added to updates section who wants to change database to regular one.
- Cloud backup
- File submission problems
- Ipv4 loopback filtering remove problem
- No welcome screen at startup
- File list export still saves when canceled
- Issue in switching configurations
- Display wrong scan priority
- Desktop shortcut doesn’t change after product upgraded to AV Advanced
- Translation of “Show Files” added
- Scan exclusions’ translation added
- Malwares detected by manual scan removed instead of quarantined
- Web filtering doesn’t accept valid string (e.g. “*.comodo.com/*”)
- Tray icon status problem
- A file will be trusted which blocked by Viruscope and unblocked by user.
- Product name is not updated in programs & features after activating new license key.
- GUI window rendering bug
- False unrecognized files after running “Autorun Analyzer” from KillSwitch
- Wrong activation of warranty log
- Option “Go to folder” not available for Firewall and Hips rules
- Unrecognized non-executables file is not displayed in File List when it is opened by widget
- Network zones ip copy&paste issue
- Microsoft Silverlight alert in Run Virtual Desktop
- “Ignore once” action in web filtering will be logged.
Changes in COMODO Internet Security 2020 188.8.131.5236:
- Migrated virtually all HTTP URLs to HTTPs.
- Folder Protection
- Upgrade over install doesn’t work
- Https website filtering no longer works on Chrome 78
- Chrome crashes in Containment
- CIS creates error while unplugging USB
- Uninstallation & Installation failed
- Uninstallation of Comodo KillSwitch and Cleaning Essentials
- Freezes in Win10 build 1909/1903
Changes in COMODO Internet Security 2019 184.108.40.20614:
- Preventing unsigned DLLs from loading into CIS processes
- Due to popular demand added the ability to delete vendor rated by Comodo from Vendor List.
- Added Czech language translations.
- Add ‘Windows Operating System’ application to ‘Windows System Applications’ file group.
- An alert is now shown that reboot is required if Clipboard Protection settings are changed.
Homepage – https://www.comodo.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 5.45 MB