Light Image Resizer from Obvious Idea (previously known as VSO Image Resizer) is a free tool that organizes your photos by shrinking their resolution or moving them within your hard drive.
It is the perfect tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, import or organize photos.
Using this free resize image software, you can create e-mail friendly versions of your images, load them faster, move them easily from folder to folder, change their format, edit large numbers of image files/batch image resize and thus save space on your hard drive.
Add your own watermark to protect your work or add a copyright to photos with html-like text formatting and transparency support. Customize pictures by converting them to sepia or add a border. Use the live preview to see what the final result will look like before actually processing the image.
The ObviousIdea Photo Resizer/Picture Resizer works on files, subfolders and folders, and supports RAW formats. With multi-core support integrated, you can convert images even faster. Launch the application easily from Windows shell explorer with a right click on the image or folder.
Light Image Resizer Key Features:
- Resize pictures, resize photos and resize images – compress, convert, and easily create copies of your pictures
- A fast batch photo resizer
- High quality results using ultra fast multi-core, photo resize technology
- High quality image resizing filters – Lanczos and Bicubic for best compression quality, and Linear for speed
- Create e-mail friendly images or use them for internet publishing
- Sort, rename or add a watermark to protect your pictures from being stolen
- Use the profiles library – iPhone, iPad mini, forum, HQ
- New – create custom PDF pages !
- Easy to convert JPEG to PDF
You can add photos directly as attachments, individually or in a ZIP file, to email by using the publish function, without exceeding the maximum size permitted by email servers. Create PDF files from your images, like jpg to PDF. Do this for individual or multiple images. Edit, create, export, backup new profiles with your favorite settings.
The most popular profiles are already pre-defined, such as FULL HD resolution wallpaper images, iPod, NTSC, 640 x 480. Access to profiles in 1 click with the shell integration.
Transfer photos and optimize space on digital frames with the Digital Picture Frame Wizard. You can use the resize picture options to resize to the frame’s supported resolution, and add even more photos for viewing !
The program is available as a windows shell extension. Just right click to easily resize pictures as copies or continue to work on the original HQ photos. Then share your resized photos online with friends. It’s freeware software if you use it for personal use.
Changes in Light Image Resizer 184.108.40.206:
- added command line parameters: Size, KeepQuality, Progressive
- default to LZW compression for TIFF to avoid out of memory issues
- better reliability for update check
- add notice for AVIF files if codec is missing
- original image could have wrong orientation in preview
- wrong dimensions could be applied to image depending on its EXIF orientation
- a crash could occur when using Center mode and padding was applied
Changes in Light Image Resizer 220.127.116.11:
- profile could be empty in some cases
- some images could have a wrong orientation in preview
- processing could hang in some cases if multithreading was disabled
Changes in Light Image Resizer 18.104.22.168:
- add read support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files
- support local UNC paths in filelist
- “The handle is invalid” error could occur when using Center mode
- out of memory could occur when loading very large interlaced PNG files
- large JPEGs with EXIF orientation other than 1 (top left) could lead to endless processing
- unlock prompt could appear with missing email if license data was stored for all users
- ICC color profile could get damaged in rare cases on certain system locales
- action was always reset to its default (create copies) when set via command line parameter
Changes in Light Image Resizer 22.214.171.124:
- output filename tag %F-Date for original file date
- processing large multi-page TIFF files could lead to crash
- memory leak when cancelling process with multi-page files
- processing could crash due to potential double free error
- saving manual crop could crash if lossless mode was toggled before
- WebP loading failed if there was no codec (i.e. Windows 7)
- loading of file info (date) could fail for very long paths
- time zone issue with file date for watermark tags depending on locale
- deadlock if EXIF tag used in filename mask or watermark text was returning very long text
Changes in Light Image Resizer 126.96.36.199:
- FIXED: some resize policy options were broken, which could result in some images being inadvertently resized
- FIXED: when undoing a lossless crop, the save button was not always disabled, which could lead to a crash when clicked
Changes in Light Image Resizer 188.8.131.52:
- certain malformed or damaged TIFF files could cause the application to crash
- watermark text position was not saved correctly
- Crop mode was missing background color selector (used for images smaller than target dimensions)
- corrected some mistakes in contextual help
Changes in Light Image Resizer 184.108.40.206:
- policy options added to skip files which are smaller/larger than target dimensions
- processing could hang when aborting from a warning prompt (for example warning about bad quality)
- unable to create a collage when “Recreate folder structure on destination” was enabled
- preview form was not closed when switching to collage mode
- wrong filename could be shown in log when choosing to rename already existing file
- collage was misaligned when using slash layouts
Homepage – https://www.obviousidea.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64 or 32 bit).
There is no version available for Mac.
Size: 9.70 MB