Windows Live Movie Maker is easier than ever to create and share your own movies. It’s part of Windows Live Essentials, a free download that also includes tools for photos, instant messaging, email, social networking, and more.
With Windows Live Movie Maker, you can make movies from your photos and videos, whether they’re already on your computer or still on your camera. Use Movie Maker special effects and themes to make your movies stand out.
Editing movies is now as easy as dragging and dropping the scenes, still photos, and transitions where you want them. You can even use AutoMovie to let Movie Maker create a film for you. In just a few clicks, share your movies on your favorite social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook, or upload them to Windows Live Onedrive.
Quickly add photos and footage from your PC or camera into Movie Maker. Then fine tune your movie just the way you want it. You can move things around, speed it up or slow it down – it’s up to you. Enhance your movie with audio and a theme. Movie Maker adds transitions and effects automatically so your movie looks polished and professional. Once your movie is ready, share it online on Facebook, YouTube or other social networking and video sharing sites. Send a link to your movie in an email to family and friends so they won’t miss it.
Windows Live Movie Maker Features:
- Import photos and videos. To make a movie with Windows Live Movie Maker, you’ll need some photos and videos on your computer. You can import photos and videos from your digital camera, a flash memory card, DVDs, or your mobile phone.
- Edit your movies. Using the video editing features in Windows Live Movie Maker, you can make your movie look the way you want it to.
- Edit the audio. Get great sound in your movie by using the audio editing tools in Movie Maker. Make your finished movie feel polished and professional by adding a soundtrack and using the editing features to adjust the volume, fade music in or out, and more.
- Choose a theme. Use AutoMovie themes to make a great-looking movie in just a few clicks in Windows Live Movie Maker. Just pick your photos, videos, and a theme, and then the transitions and effects are added for you.
- Share on the web. With Windows Live Movie Maker, you can quickly publish your movie to popular websites, and then share your movie with friends, family, or the whole world.
- Add photos and videos. On the Home tab, in the Add group, click Add videos and photos. Hold down the Ctrl key and click the photos and videos you want to use, and then click Open.
- Edit your project. Edit your project so it appears how you want. This includes adding any music, titles, effects, and transitions, or making other edits that you want.
- Publish your movie on the web. On the Home tab, in the Sharing group, click the website where you want to publish your movie. Enter your user name and password, and then follow the steps to publish your movie.
- Watch your movie online. After your movie is published on the web, click Watch online to watch your movie on the website. You can then send a link to your movie in an email message to friends and family, so they can watch your movie online.
You might have noticed that Windows Movie Maker isn’t included in Windows 7. However, you can still turn your videos and photos into movies in Windows 7 by installing a video editing program from another company or by installing the new version of Movie Maker – named Windows Live Movie Maker.
Size: 131 MB