Ant Movie Catalog is a free and opensource program made to manage your collection of movies on Blu-Ray, DVD, CD (VideoCD, DivX, …) and tapes with print, import and export functions, scripting, etc.
It can automatically create a HTML file, CSV file, or SQL commands with the contents of the movie list. For each movie you can enter lots of information manually or automatically via a script.
There are plenty of scripts you can choose from, including an IMDb one. Just select the IMDb script, type in the name of a movie, select the movie you want (there will be several movies that match the name you typed), and then let Ant Movie Catalog import that data for you.
And it also has a handy random selection tool that will randomly pick a movie from your collection – that should come in handy when you want to watch a movie but you can’t make up your mind which one you want to watch.
Ant Movie Catalog Features:
- Can store catalog in two file format: its own binary format or XML
- Import information from Internet (using scripts); by default it includes scripts for IMDB (US), DVDFR (FR), Allociné (FR), Culturalia (ES), and lots of others
- User-customizable links to do a search on movie websites
- Information importation from various media files (audio & video codec, bitrates, resolution, framerate, size)
- Scripting technology, using Object Pascal language, allowing to modify catalog: Find & replace, moving field values, …
- Printing, using customizable templates
- Export to other formats: HTML (based on a template that you can modify or create yourself), SQL commands (to re-import data in a DBMS such as MySQL), CSV (text files, can be used as tables with Microsft Excel for example), Origons.com
- Import from other formats: CSV (Microsoft Excel can create such files, but a plain text file can be used too), Divx Manager, BaseDVDivx, Origons.com, DVD Profiler (catalogs exported to XML)
- Can store pictures inside catalog or link to external files (recommended for large pictures)
- Supports PNG, JPEG and GIF
- Loans management
- Statistics with chart and pies
- Can display the list as a tree, where movies are grouped by a specified field
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Works on Windows 2000 and higher (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).
User interface translated in about thirty languages.
Changes in Ant Movie Catalog 22.214.171.124 (2018-04-10):
- In addition to the TLS 1.2 support (which should solve HTTPS problems encountered lately on a few sites) this version also includes the latest MediaInfo version.
- I also cleaned the import/export list by removing some obsolete formats.
- Updated scripts for DVDFR, FilmAffinity and MovieCovers are included.
- The latest version of MediaInfo does not seem to run on Windows XP any more (to be tested/confirmed, I don’t know if that was already the case of the previous versions). In case the lack of Windows XP support is a problem for some users, I could try to arrange something to support both old and new versions of the library, as the interface didn’t change, only the version numbering.
- I still didn’t reimplement the GetCookies & DeleteCookies functions for the scripts, as none of the published scripts were using them, and it was less easy than expected to bring these back in Indy version 10.
Homepage – http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog
Size: 5.56 MB