Advanced Installer is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages That meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast and lightweight.
Advanced Installer simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs or script files and written in C, C++, VBS or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Top Freeware Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes, create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offers reference auto-completion, syntax and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
Changes in Advanced Installer 16.5 (November 13, 2019):
- MSIX Package Editor
- Running PowerShell scripts in MSIX
- Preserve IIS client customizations on upgrades
- Predefined prerequisite for Java SE 13
- New launch condition for “SQL Server 2019 Express”
- Predefined prerequisites for “SQL Server 2019 Express”
- Predefined launch condition for “Java 13”
- Over 23 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 16.4.1 (October 10, 2019):
- Bug fix: Installation failing on Windows 7 and 8 for packages with Enhanced UI and feature-based or post-install prerequisites
Changes in Advanced Installer 16.4 (October 8, 2019):
- PowerShell automation to manage Digital Signature
- Predefined launch condition for “Windows Azure VM”
- Predefined launch condition to check if an AntiVirus is running
- Predefined launch condition and prerequisites for “.NET Core Runtime 3.0”
- Predefined prerequisites for “Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server 18”
- Over 20 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 16.3 (September 4, 2019):
- Compare XML files
- Filter new project in Start Page
- Java 12 support
- Over 35 enhancements and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.advancedinstaller.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 138 MB
This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type “Simple”.
Creating any other type of projects requires non-freeware features. These are fully enabled during the trial period, after which you must purchase a license to continue using them.