Advanced Installer is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages That meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast and lightweight.
Advanced Installer simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs or script files and written in C, C++, VBS or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Top Freeware Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes, create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offers reference auto-completion, syntax and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
- Support for running and testing an installation in a Docker container
- MSIX flat bundles
- Windows Features bundle support for Windows Server 2022
- Predefined launch condition for Windows Server 2022
- Over 35 enhancements and bug fixes
- Predefined launch condition for Windows 11 (21H2 insider builds)
- Project auto recovery – automatic backup and restore protocol
- Digital signature built-in support for an EV Code Signing Certificate (eToken)
- PowerShell automation for Updates Configuration projects
- Declare a .BAT file as an application target – MSIX packaging
- Over 22 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.5 (July 27, 2021):
- Advanced Installer Extension for Visual Studio 2022 (Preview)
- Custom Action for generating self-signed certificates
- High-resolution images for high DPI installations of MSI packages
- Over 19 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.4 (June 28, 2021):
- Repackager support for Docker containers
- Over 17 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.3 (May 24, 2021):
- .NET Core deployment via our Visual Studio Extension
- Predefined launch conditions for Windows 10 version 21H1 (May 2021 Update)
- Over 16 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.2 (April 23, 2021):
- IIS: certificate per SSL binding support
- Over 19 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.1.1 (March 25, 2021):
- Fixed build error: failed to digitally sign aipackagechainer.exe module
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.1 (March 23, 2021):
- Support for repackaging in remote machines
- Predefined prerequisites for OpenJDK Java
- Over 27 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 18.0 (February 22, 2021):
- Support for PowerShell v7: Predefined Launch Conditions, Prerequisites, Custom Actions Engine Update
- WiX import support for Visual Studio Extension
- Over 30 enhancements and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.advancedinstaller.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 150 MB
This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type “Simple”.
Creating any other type of projects requires non-freeware features. These are fully enabled during the trial period, after which you must purchase a license to continue using them.