Advanced Installer is a powerful and easy to use Windows Installer authoring tool, enabling developers to create reliable MSI packages That meet the latest Microsoft Windows logo certification guidelines. Extremely easy to use, powerful, fast and lightweight.
Advanced Installer simplifies the process of building Windows Installer packages by providing a very easy to use, high level interface to the underlying technology. The program implements all Windows Installer rules and follows all the advised best practices.
With this simple, intuitive interface, building a Windows Installer package will take just a few minutes. Start the program, add a few files, change the name, hit the Build button and you are done. No scripts to learn, no seminars to attend.
Advanced Installer project files are stored in XML format. This way, they can be easily checked into a version control system. The software installer also operates at command line, so you can build your release packages in a completely automated script, like Make, Ant or NAnt. Furthermore, the most common operations are also implemented as command line actions, so you can modify your project in an automated fashion.
Advanced Installer will organize your application in Features and Components as per Windows Installer guidelines. This way you can take advantage of advanced software installer features like partial install and repair without having to do anything. Further customizing the organization is easy and intuitive.
Packed as native EXEs, DLLs or script files and written in C, C++, VBS or JS, Custom Actions give you the full power to add anything you want, anywhere you want to your software installer.
Advanced Installer Top Freeware Features:
- MSI. Create valid MSI setups for your applications respecting all written and unwritten Windows Installer rules.
- UAC. Build installers that run flawlessly on Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista supporting their security model.
- Side-by-Side. Create packages for different versions of your application.
- Imports. Import from Visual Studio, InstallShield LE, WiX, Eclipse, Inno Setup, NSIS and regular MSI/MSM packages.
- Fonts. Register fonts in the Windows OS. Specify registration names for non-TrueType fonts.
- Environment Variables. Create, append or prepend user or system environment variables.
- Autoregister. Auto registration for files that support it. You can schedule at install time.
- Files and Folders. Install and uninstall files and folders. Set attributes, create shortcuts.
- Registry. Install and uninstall registry keys and entries.
- Template projects. Create templates based on your current project and ready-to-use for your future projects.
- Add/Remove. Customize your application’s listing in the “Add/Remove Programs” page of Control Panel.
- XML projects. Easy to check into version control systems and share between multiple developers.
- Command Line. Build your release packages in completely automated scripts, like Make, Ant, NAnt, TeamCity, Jenkins or MSBuild.
- Run and Log. Launch your MSI package while pretty printing the full Windows Installer log.
- Launch Conditions. Visually specify conditions necessary (applications, frameworks, etc.) for your package to run.
- Smart Formatted Editing. Editing (MSI)Formatted fields offers reference auto-completion, syntax and error highlights and resolved value hints.
- Per-User/Per-machine. Create installers that can be install as required: per-user or per-machine if the user is Administrator.
- Include Merge Modules. Include frameworks, libraries, and other prepackaged dependencies into your installers with just a few mouse clicks.
- Support for digital signing using Device Guard Signing Service (DGSS) v2
- Import and Update support for handling JSON files
- New MSIX supported extensions: “Mutable Package Directories”, “Installed Location Virtualization”, “App Extension”, “Host Runtime”, “App Uri Handler”
- Virtual Machine deployment image customization
- Predefined launch conditions for Windows 10 version 20H2 (October 2020 Update)
- Predefined launch condition for “.NET Runtime 5.0”
- Predefined prerequisites for “.NET 5.0”
- Over 30 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.6 ( October 22, 2020):
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.5 (September 22, 2020):
- Build MSIX Optional Packages
- MSIX Editor: Import & Edit Optional Packages
- Repackager Templates
- Over 27 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.4.1 (September 7, 2020):
- Advanced Installer crashed for trial users
- Advanced Installer(MSI Quick-Edit mode) fails to edit MSI without files
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.4 (August 26, 2020):
- Azure Key Vault digital signing support
- Enabling integration for third-party digital signing tools
- “Quick MSI to MSIX” conversion workflow
- Predefined prerequisites for “SQL Server ODBC Driver 17.6”
- Over 24 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.3 (July 29, 2020):
- Support for signing using Microsoft Device Guard
- Over 49 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.2 (June 30, 2020):
- Import and Edit support for MSIX bundle
- Driver Dependencies support for MSIX
- Add wizard for the “Modification Package” project
- Predefined launch conditions for “Windows 10 version 2004”
- Over 37 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.1.2 (June 17, 2020):
- Installation failed when passing a null property to a deferred inline PowerShell custom action
- The “Platform” option for an Inline PowerShell custom action was not correctly saved
- “Import Repackaging Results” wizard failed for certain projects
- Visiting the Visual Assets or Package Information views incorrectly marked the project as modified
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.1.1 (May 28, 2020):
- Bug Fix: Advanced Installer Professional crashed when trying to display Themes view
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.1 (May 27, 2020):
- Digital Signature support for PowerShell scripts
- GitHub integration for the Updater
- Over 39 enhancements and bug fixes
Changes in Advanced Installer 17.0 (April 27, 2020):
- MSIX Package Manifest Editor
- Powershell automation support for Custom Actions
- Support deploying an MSIX package with MSIX Core on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Predefined prerequisites for “ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.3”
- Over 26 enhancements and bug fixes
Homepage – https://www.advancedinstaller.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 145 MB
This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type “Simple”.
Creating any other type of projects requires non-freeware features. These are fully enabled during the trial period, after which you must purchase a license to continue using them.