MDaemon is a reliable and secure mail server that does not require expensive administration or impose high per-user costs. It simplifies messaging and collaboration requirements with an intuitive, user-friendly design. It offers the enterprise-class features that can be managed with minimal training and support.
Messaging Server supports IMAP, SMTP, and POP3 protocols and delivers solid performance from its feature-rich and user-friendly design.
It is a trusted alternative to Microsoft Exchange. The Server provides outstanding groupware features, integration with Microsoft Outlook (using Outlook Connector for MDaemon) and a multi-language webmail client for email access anywhere.
MDaemon works with many popular mobile devices. Regardless of platform, you will have access to your important information wherever you are.
The integrated email message archiving capabilities make it easy to safeguard your email messages to address regulatory requirements and the IT policies of your business.
MDaemon incorporates multiple layers of security techniques such as Relay Controls, IP Shielding, SMTP Authentication. Furthermore, it reverse lookups to minimize possible server exploits. It also uses the advanced email authentication techniques of Vouch By Reference (VBR). Validates and signs messages using DKIM, DK, Sender-ID, and SPF.
This server is combined with its antispam engine, Bayesian Learning, SSL/TSL, backscatter protection, and SecurityPlus for proactive malware prevention. As result, it provides layered protection to safeguard your messaging communications.
- Easy Setup, Administration, and Maintenance
- Powerful Mail List Engine
- Public Folder Ticketing System
- Active Directory Monitoring
- IMAP COMPRESS
- WorldClient (Web-Based Email)
- Remote Administration
- WorldClient Instant Messenger
- Microsoft Outlook Integration (Outlook Connector)
- Powerful Spam Filter
- Backscatter Protection
- Hijacked Account Detection
- Supports Popular Smartphone Mobile Devices
- ActiveSync for MDaemon
- Mobile Device Management for IT Policies
MDaemon allows you to encrypt your emails and attachments. On the client-side, WorldClient users can enable basic encryption features when sending emails and attachments within the WorldClient settings menu. On the server-side, Open PGP for MDaemon has been added to give administrators the ability to use encryption, decryption, and basic key management capabilities through OpenPGP support.
 Hosted email options with MDaemon Private Cloud are now available. To learn more, please visit: http://www.altn.com/Products/MDaemon-Private-Cloud/.
 MDaemon’s disk space calculations were being made inconsistently in several places (for example, sometimes using 1000, sometimes using 1024 bytes for a kilobyte computation). This has been fixed to use 1024 consistently. As a result your users’ disk space quota values may be slightly different than in previous versions. Please check and make whatever adjustments (if any) you feel are required.
 The “Start MDaemon” Start Menu shortcut on new installs now defaults to opening a browser to MDaemon Remote Administration rather than opening an MDaemon Configuration Session. To change this, edit \MDaemon\App\MDaemon.ini and set [MDLaunch] OpenConfigSession=Yes/No and OpenRemoteAdmin=Yes/No, or use the “Open MDaemon Configuration Session” or “Open MDaemon Remote Administration” shortcuts instead of “Start MDaemon”. Set the “Remote Administration URL” at Setup | Web & IM Services | Remote Administration | Web Server if the auto-generated URL does not work or if Remote Administration runs in an external web server. If a working URL cannot be determined, a Configuration Session will be opened instead.
 The option “Only send antivirus update notification on failure” is now enabled by default, and when updating to MDaemon 19, it will be enabled the first time MDaemon starts up.
 SyncML has been deprecated and removed.
MAJOR NEW FEATURES
 TLS Server Name Indication (SNI) support
SNI allows a different certificate to be used for each of your server’s hostnames. MDaemon will look at the active certificates and choose the one that has the requested hostname in its Subject Alternative Names field. If the client does not request a hostname, or no matching certificate is found, then the default certificate is used.
 XML-API for Folder and Item Management
The XML-API has been expanded to include the ability to manage mailbox folders and items in the folders. Folders can be created, deleted, renamed, and moved using the API. Item operations support email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes. Items can be created, deleted and moved using the API. Full documentation can be found in the MDaemon\Docs\API\XML-API\ directory.
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  MD AntiVirus – Added ClamAV to Content Filter’s virus scanning instead of it being a separate plugin. When a message or attachment is being scanned it is first scanned by Cyren AV engine and then scanned by ClamAV engine. Either can be enabled/disabled at Security | AntiVirus | Virus Scanning.
-  ActiveSync Migration Client – Changed the Default User Path used by ASMC when migrating data. If ASMC is running on an MDaemon installation, and if the output path is not specified, it will build the output path based on the “New Accounts” template.
-  Autodiscover Service – Support has been added for eM Client, Thunderbird, Outlook, and other clients utilizing the same specification.
-  Webmail – Added a delete icon for removing common contacts from the autocomplete list.
-  MDRA – Added license management options to the Registration page.
-  MDRA – Added AntiVirus Updater and Scheduler dialogs.
-  Webmail – Added a reference to the XMPP BOSH KBA 1210 in the Webmail IM client error message.
-  MDRA – Changed the popout windows save options to Apply, Save and Close, and Cancel.
-  MDRA – Added queue counts, process message counts, other process counts, session statistics, and more process states to the Status page. Added tabs for window sizes over 480px to view information without scrolling.
-  Webmail – Compose, Signatures, and Email Templates – Removed the Paste, Paste Plain Text, and Paste From Word buttons from the HTML editor (since they do not work), and removed the HTML editor context menu, so that users can right click copy/cut/paste.
-  MDRA – Domain Signatures, Signatures, and CFilter append signature – Removed the Paste, Paste Plain Text, and Paste From Word buttons from the HTML editor (since they do not work), and removed the HTML editor context menu, so that users can right click copy/cut/paste.
-  MDRA – Improved data collection system for more accurate analytics.
-  Webmail – Improved data collection system for more accurate analytics.
-  Webmail – Added an option for users to allow Webmail to automatically create an “All Unread” and/or an “All Flagged” saved search. Users are prompted on login only one time, and only if they have Saved Search Folders enabled. If a user chooses “No”, the option is still available under Options | Folders. Admins may suppress these prompts by adding DefaultSavedSearchesCheck=Yes to the MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini file under [Default:UserDefaults].
-  Updated MDaemon Connector to version 6.0.0.
-  The options to send authentication failure reports and frozen account reports to end users have been made available in the on-premise version of MDaemon.
-  Webmail – WorldClient theme – attachment list action icons (download, import, delete, etc.) have been darkened and the size increased to make them easier to see.
-  Updated Outbreak Protection engine to version 184.108.40.206.
-  Added an option to revoke user access to ActiveSync when ActiveSync is disabled for the domain.
-  Webmail – Added “(EXPIRED)” to the browser tab title when the session expires, so that if a user is not in the Webmail tab the user will still know that the session expired.
-  Spam Filter – Updated spam filter engine with SpamAssassin 3.4.2.
-  MDRA – Further improved data collection system for more accurate analytics.
-  Added a new “External message warning” rule in the Content Filter that adds a warning to the top of messages from external senders. The rule is disabled by default. Customize and enable it if you wish. It uses a new condition that compares the domains in the Return-Path, Sender, and From headers to the recipient’s domain, and a new action that adds warning text to the top of a message.
-  Added options to Security | Spam Filter | Spam Honeypots and Security | Security Settings | Screening | SMTP Screen to enable/disable the Dynamic Screening notification when an IP is blocked.
-  The STARTTLS White List now takes precendence over the STARTTLS Required List and the “SMTP server requires STARTTLS on MSA port” option.
-  LOGIN is preferred over CRAM-MD5 when authenticating to a remote SMTP server over a TLS connection.
-  fix to MDRA – Domain Settings – New Clients Must Be Authorized and Log Level options are visible
-  fix to Webmail – Voice Recorder broken in the latest FF and latest Chrome
-  fix to Webmail – Compose – pasting an image into the HTML editor fails in Chrome 49
-  fix to Location Screening Statistics missing from the MD Statistics Report
-  fix to MDRA – Cannot change Webmail Settings option for “Send read confirmations”
-  fix to Webmail – LookOut and WorldClient themes – Users cannot right click on the download link in the attachment list
-  fix to CalDAV – Unable to delete an occurrence of a recurring event using the DAVDroid client
-  fix to MDRA – When setting a mailing list to be moderated, a warning pops up
-  fix to MDRA – Changing the Remote Admin Log File Directory results in WebAdmin-HTTP and WebAdmin-WDaemon log files being inaccessible via Remote Admin
-  fix to incorrect default AV paths to warning files
-  fix to Restricted Attachments – When an ALLOW entry exists, quarantined files overwrite existing files
-  fix to mailing list non-delivery reports not being delivered to bounce address
-  fix to Webmail – the Subject of a particular message is truncated
Homepage – https://www.altn.com
MDaemon Email Server – Minimum System Requirements:
MDaemon is available as a 32 or 64 bit application.
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8,10, 2016, Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- CPU 800 MHz processor or higher (dual core CPU 2.4 GHz or higher recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM recommended)
- Typical Hard disk space required: 200MB of free space, additional space for any mail to be stored
- TCP/IP network protocol installed
- Internet or Intranet communication capabilities
Size: 267 MB