MDaemon is a reliable and secure mail server that does not require expensive administration or impose high per-user costs. It simplifies messaging and collaboration requirements with an intuitive, user-friendly design. It offers the enterprise-class features that can be managed with minimal training and support.
Messaging Server supports IMAP, SMTP, and POP3 protocols and delivers solid performance from its feature-rich and user-friendly design.
It is a trusted alternative to Microsoft Exchange. The Server provides outstanding groupware features, integration with Microsoft Outlook (using Outlook Connector for MDaemon) and a multi-language webmail client for email access anywhere.
MDaemon works with many popular mobile devices. Regardless of platform, you will have access to your important information wherever you are.
The integrated email message archiving capabilities make it easy to safeguard your email messages to address regulatory requirements and the IT policies of your business.
MDaemon incorporates multiple layers of security techniques such as Relay Controls, IP Shielding, SMTP Authentication. Furthermore, it reverse lookups to minimize possible server exploits. It also uses the advanced email authentication techniques of Vouch By Reference (VBR). Validates and signs messages using DKIM, DK, Sender-ID, and SPF.
This server is combined with its antispam engine, Bayesian Learning, SSL/TSL, backscatter protection, and SecurityPlus for proactive malware prevention. As result, it provides layered protection to safeguard your messaging communications.
- Easy Setup, Administration, and Maintenance
- Powerful Mail List Engine
- Public Folder Ticketing System
- Active Directory Monitoring
- IMAP COMPRESS
- WorldClient (Web-Based Email)
- Remote Administration
- WorldClient Instant Messenger
- Microsoft Outlook Integration (Outlook Connector)
- Powerful Spam Filter
- Backscatter Protection
- Hijacked Account Detection
- Supports Popular Smartphone Mobile Devices
- ActiveSync for MDaemon
- Mobile Device Management for IT Policies
MDaemon allows you to encrypt your emails and attachments. On the client-side, WorldClient users can enable basic encryption features when sending emails and attachments within the WorldClient settings menu. On the server-side, Open PGP for MDaemon has been added to give administrators the ability to use encryption, decryption, and basic key management capabilities through OpenPGP support.
-  fix to ActiveSync – possible public contacts corruption when PIM mrk file validation is enabled
-  fix to ActiveSync GUI – Help button does not work on Client Settings dialog
-  fix to untitled attachments on recurring events with changed occurrences that were saved by MDaemon Connector
-  fix to changed occurrences of a recurring event edited in both Webmail and MDaemon Connector can get out of sync
-  fix to delay during MDaemon startup if there are many gateways
-  fix to MDaemon performance issue when there are many domains
-  fix to Webmail – Spell Check may use 100% CPU for German and Finnish
-  fix to Webmail – XSS vulnerabilities
-  fix to Mobile theme – Unicode (e.g. Japanese) Public and Shared parent folder names are not displayed correctly
-  fix to possible crash in MDASMgmt.dll
-  fix to ActiveSync – password expiration warnings may be sent to client repeatedly
-  fix to XMLAPI – CreateUser does not work properly
-  fix to XMLAPI – AutoResponder times not adjusted to/from UTC
-  fix to possible crash in MdMbSrch.dll
-  fix to possible crash in MDaemon.exe
Changes in MDaemon 21.0.2 – May 19, 2021:
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Updated ClamAV to version 0.103.2.
-  MDaemon Connector has been updated to version 7.0.4.
-  LetsEncrypt – Updated script for new staging issuer.
-  Mobile theme – Added trial version warning on logon pages.
-  Mobile theme – Expanded the navigation items for desktop window sizes.
-  Mobile theme – Included the add image and hyperlink buttons in the HTML compose toolbar.
-  Mobile theme – Compose – CC and BCC are now shown automatically on load when populated.
-  Mobile theme – Moved the move and copy alerts to a notification message in the bottom right corner.
-  WorldClient and LookOut themes – Allowed right click context menus in textareas like Notes.
-  MDRA – Added an error message when attempting to create a new account with an already existing account mailbox name.
-  AntiVirus – Improved update notifications for Cyren AV and ClamAV.
-  Webmail – Added support for URL links in event and meeting previews.
-  Improved MDMigrator compatibility with newer versions of Exchange and Outlook.
-  The Let’s Encrypt script has been updated to support ECDSA certificates. Let’s Encrypt is currently only supporting ECDSA certificates via their staging system and via an allowed accounts list in production. If you’d like to request an ECDSA certificate from their production system, comment out lines 747 – 753 in MDaemon\LetsEncrypt\LetsEncrypt.ps1.
-  Added a Cancel button to the log file search window in the MD GUI.
-  fix to Mobile theme – missing translations
-  fix to Webmail – Snoozed messages are still displayed in the message view
-  fix to Mobile theme – When you delete all messages in the message list, the list is not refreshed to show the rest of the messages in the folder
-  fix to Mobile theme – Shift to select multiple items is not working correctly
-  fix to Webmail – Cannot restore the default Custom Original Message Attribution setting
-  fix to MDRA – Error when enabling ActiveSync – Form field [LocationScreenExempt] not found
-  fix to MDRA – Remote Admin IMAP filter – unable to display “when any of these conditions are true” in the editor
-  fix to MDRA – Apply to Subfolders is missing when editing the ACL of a public folder in some languages
-  fix to outbound SMTP MTA-STS failure after falling back to smart host
-  fix to MDaemon Statistics log does not roll over to the next day if a max log file size is configured
-  fix to messages to multiple local users are deferred when option to not defer local messages is enabled
-  fix to Content Filter may corrupt Japanese attachment filenames
-  fix to MDRA – Forwarding – Clicking Schedule button as a domain admin, you receive Access Denied error
-  fix to Mobile theme – mailto links are broken in messages
-  fix to Lite theme – “remote Images were blocked” is missing from message view
-  fix to Attachment Linking does not extract attachments from messages sent using Webmail
-  fix to MDaemon disconnects an ATRN session after refusing a MAIL command due to the Sender Blacklist
-  fix to Webmail – Chrome – Unable to drag and drop attachments to desktop
-  fix to Webmail – IE11 – When clicking the attachment filename, only a blank tab appears
-  fix to trusted IPs are not exempt from “Authentication is always required when mail is sent from local IPs”
-  fix to Mobile theme – LDAP address book does not show up in contact folder lists
-  fix to Webmail – CKEditor upgraded to version 4.16 to get vulnerability fixes
-  fix to MDaemon accepts IPv6 connections using the default domain instead of a domain bound to the IPv6 address
-  fix to “View” button on the Account Editor’s “Mail Folder & Groups” screen does not open MDStats to the account’s mail folder
-  fix to Webmail – Version is not hidden on logon page when “Hide software version identification in responses & “Received:” headers” is checked
-  fix to MDRA – Version is not hidden on logon page when “Hide software version identification in responses & “Received:” headers” is checked
-  fix to MDRA – Page description panel tile settings tile to the right
-  fix to MD GUI – Adding mailing list members using the account picker removes mailing lists configured as members
-  fix to MDRA – Cannot remove groups from mailing lists members
-  fix to Content Filter “remove header” action may not work
-  fix to possible crash in WorldClient.exe
-  fix to AV Updater screen showing wrong ClamAV information
-  fix to Webmail – View PDF in browser not working
-  fix to MDIM – Unable to send message with certain Japanese characters
-  fix to MDIM – Disable option to send files in group chat
-  fix to possible Alias.dat file corruption
-  fix to Mobile theme – Cannot sort by Sender or Recipient in message list
-  fix to MDIM – Unable to send files with Japanese character names
-  fix to Webmail – Signature images are not attached when sending from an alias
-  fix to duplicate Queue Summary messages may be sent to the postmaster
-  fix to MD GUI does not warn when a public folder submission address is added as a spam honeypot
-  fix to MDRA – Japanese characters are corrupted on the registration information window
-  fix to Webmail and MDRA – fixed jQuery vulnerabilities
-  fix to LetsEncrypt script not run when there is a space in the path
-  fix to Mobile theme – deferred delivery is not working
-  fix to calendar events marked as private in MDaemon Connector do not show as private in Webmail
-  fix to Antivirus – AV exclusions not applied to IMAP and Webmail sessions
-  fix to CalDAV – when sending a recurring meeting invitation in Apple Calendar for the Asia/Novosibirsk timezone the start time may be off by an hour
-  fix to CalDAV – monthly recurring event set to occur on the last day of month occurs on the last seven days of the month after saving the event on the client
-  fix to Mobile theme – Android – Unable to view PDF files in the browser when clicking on the attached file
-  fix to Webmail IM not being able to log in while using Mobile theme
-  fix to Dynamic Screening GUI Whitelist Add does not allow IPv6 address with mask
-  fix to MDaemon delivers to the A record when all MX lookups fail due to the DNS servers reporting technical problems
-  fix to possible MD GUI crash when doing a log file search
-  fix to Cyren AV updates are failing when TLS 1.2 is not enabled on the system
-  fix to ActiveSync GUI does not allow “Wipe device or enter ‘Timed Lockout Mode’ after repeated failed password attempts” policy option to be disabled
-  fix to MD GUI – Adding mailing list members using the account picker may change the type of existing members
Homepage – https://www.altn.com
MDaemon Email Server – Minimum System Requirements:
MDaemon is available as a 32 or 64 bit application.
- Microsoft Windows 2019|10|2016|8|2012|7|2008 (Limited support of XP and 2003)
- CPU 800 MHz processor or higher (dual core CPU 2.4 GHz or higher recommended)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM recommended)
- Typical Hard disk space required: 200MB of free space, additional space for any mail to be stored
- TCP/IP network protocol installed
- Internet or Intranet communication capabilities
Size: 294 MB