Hyena 14 is known throughout the industry as one of the top Windows management utilities. Using the built-in Windows administration tools to manage a medium to large Windows 200x network or Active Directory environment can be a challenge.
Add multiple domains, hundreds or thousands of servers, workstations, and users, and before you know it, things can get out of hand.
Hyena is designed to both simplify and centralize nearly all of the day-to-day management tasks, while providing new capabilities for system administration. This functionality is provided in a single, centralized, easy to use product.
Used today by tens of thousands of system administrators worldwide, Hyena is the one tool that every administrator cannot afford to be without.
Hyena 14 uses an Explorer-style interface for all operations, including right mouse click pop-up context menus for all objects. Management of users, groups (both local and global), shares, domains, computers, services, devices, events, files, printers and print jobs, sessions, open files, disk space, user rights, messaging, exporting, job scheduling, processes, and printing are all supported.
Hyena 14 includes full exporting capabilities and both Microsoft Access and Excel reporting and exporting options. All of these features are part of the Standard Edition of Hyena.
Hyena also includes:
- Full exporting capabilities with both Microsoft Access and Excel reporting and exporting options.
- Terminal Server user properties and session administration.
- Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 Server mailbox integration and properties management.
- WMI integration.
Hyena 14 Features:
- View your entire Windows or Active Directory network from one easy to use Explorer-style interface and make management a snap!
- Audit your system configuration and quickly find security holes that need to plug.
- Quickly generate reports for meetings or to use for further research to determine problem spots.
- Change passwords for local administration accounts on multiple computers at once.
- Find out which services are running and quickly show startup information; make changes to those services on all computers at once!
- Go beyond the limits of Microsoft’s MMC and help you manage Windows 200x and Active Directory quickly and easily.
- Control popular remote control programs, including VNC, with one utility.
- Hyena v14.2 has been rebuilt on the Visual Studio (VS) 2019 platform.
- Internal changes for Visual Studio 2019 compatibility, performance, and runtime changes.
What’s New in Hyena 14.0:
- Password Visibility Options
- Built with Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Added enable/disable task to the task context menu.
- Added Advanced Setting ‘IgnoreIndirectGroupSelfMembers’. This option is used to prevent Hyena traversing into a group that is a member of itself. Use the Settings > Advanced menu option to access this new setting.
- Changed ‘Cell Phone’ to ‘Mobile Phone’ on dialogs.
- Corrected help system landing page when clicking the Help button on Settings pages.
What’s New in Hyena 13.8:
- Eight (8) adjustable styles.Customizable ‘Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)’, which can be positioned above or below the main ribbon. Any button, button group, menu, or even custom tools can be added to the QAT.
- Optional minimizing of the ribbon, which can then be made visible by clicking on the remaining menu or keystroke (Control-F1).
- Automatic layout adjustments for resizing, screen resolution, and O/S versions.
- Defaulted AD container to last used container on new AD object dialog.
- Changed defaults and added ‘Service Accounts’ to list of object filters for AD search dialog when add group members to groups.
- Added new advanced settings EnableAdFindGrpMbrsContacts and EnableAdFindGrpMbrsComputers.
- Added new symbol, %SYM_AD_DATE_TIME% to be used for adding the current date/time to any AD query.
What’s New in Hyena 13.5:
- Added ‘Protect object from accidental deletion’ on object Property dialogs (Security page).
- Prevented executing a query when nothing is selected.
- Changed caption of ‘Active Editor’ to ‘Active Tools’ (Tools > Settings) and added option to change Active Task default directory.
- Added check for ‘IIS APPPOOL’ in the ‘Show Logged On Users’ function to prevent domain lookup errors.
- Added checks in several functions to prevent adding a group as a member of itself.
- Corrected the display when the DnDisplayFormat setting is ‘1’ and the object is at the root of the directory.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Corrected issue with the German version not recognizing ‘NT-AUTORITAT’ as being a builtin security context and not a domain.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Corrected right window display for policies where the computer policies were disabled.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Fixed problem with ‘domain’ lookup for local users with ‘IIS APPPOOL’ source.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Added sorting to the user rights display in the left tree window.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Fixed problem where OUs protected from accidental deletion did not display correctly on Properties dialog.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Force registration of SystemTools_PSI.dll on startup (always) for use by non-Microsoft Exchange functions.
- Rev ‘B’ (August 14, 2019) – Used different Windows functions to list global groups and users for non-Active Directory displays due to bug introduced by Microsoft Windows Server 2016 update.
Homepage – https://www.systemtools.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
Size: 18.7 MB