Adobe Animate 2021 (formerly Adobe Flash Professional) allows you to create the interactive animations for multiple platforms. Complex animations are easier now that the Motion Editor gives you granular control over motion tween properties.
Design interactive animations with cutting-edge drawing tools and publish them to multiple platforms. Including Flash/AIR, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL or even custom platforms. And reach viewers on virtually any desktop or mobile device.
The leading vector animation toolset helps you work faster and create content that looks terrific on everything from mobile devices to the latest ultra high-resolution displays.
Convert existing Flash ads to HTML5 Canvas or create them from scratch, so they’re optimized for any browser. Export to 4K and higher resolutions to make sure your videos will look great on the latest Ultra HD TVs and monitors.
Create custom vector art brushes using your devices and save them to CC Libraries. Vector art brushes let you modify the path of a stroke after drawing it and scale to any resolution with no loss of quality. Draw expressive artwork for animations with vector art brushes and the Paint Brush tool.
This Adobe software will continue supporting Flash (SWF) and AIR formats as first-class citizens. In addition, it can output animations to virtually any format (including SVG), through its extensible architecture.
Adobe Animate 2021 Features:
Drawing, illustration and authoring
- Vector art brushes. Modify the path of a stroke after it’s been drawn, and scale them to any resolution without losing quality. You can also make custom brushes and import brushes created with Adobe Capture.
- 360° rotatable canvas. Rotate the canvas on any pivot point as you draw to get the perfect angle and strokes. You can even use this feature with a Wacom Cintiq!
- Improved pencils and brushes. Draw smooth, precise vector outlines along a curve and get faster live previews.
- Easier audio syncing. Control audio looping directly on the timeline, without having to code.
- Faster color changing. Naming tagged colors lets you change one color and have it automatically update your entire project.
- Colored onion skinning. Easily orchestrate complex animations now that adjacent frames can have different color and alpha values.
- Adobe Stock. Browse and license millions of high-quality photos, illustrations and vector graphics directly in Animate. You can even add life to static content by adding animations to them.
- Creative Cloud Libraries. Access colors, vector graphics and brushes directly as you work.
- Multiplatform support. HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, Flash (SWF), AIR, video, and custom platforms (such as SVG) via extensions.
- 4K+ video export. Export videos with custom resolutions for the latest Ultra HD and Hi-DPI displays.
- Custom resolution export. Revitalize older content by resizing and optimizing them for any resolution, such as Ultra HD and Hi-DPI displays.
- .OAM support. Export your project as an .OAM file for easy importing to Adobe Muse, InDesign, DPS and Dreamweaver.
- Assets at your fingertips with Creative Cloud Libraries. Browse and access brushes, colors, graphics and other creative assets in libraries that are available in Animate and other Creative Cloud apps.
- Find the perfect asset in Adobe Stock. The new Adobe Stock marketplace lets you find, license and manage royalty-free images and vector graphics from directly within Animate. Choose from 45 million assets.
- Design with Adobe Typekit. Access thousands of Adobe Typekit fonts from right within your font menu and apply them to your Animate web projects.
- Greater flexibility with vector art brushes. New vector art brushes let you modify the path of a stroke after it’s been drawn and scale to any resolution without loss of quality.
- Easily sync audio with your animations. Attach and control audio looping directly on the Timeline for perfect synchronization without having to code.
- Color changes made easy. Name tagged colors so you can change one and have it automatically update across your entire composition.
- Colored onion skinning. Easily orchestrate complex animations now that you can see multiple adjacent frames with different color and alpha values on the stage.
Also includes: The ability to package animations as OAM files, import SVG files directly onto the stage using Creative Cloud Libraries or the File Import command and more.
Adobe Animate 2021 is part of Adobe Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they’re available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich library of training videos. And with Behance integration, you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- Sound files other than MP3 are not getting imported in Animate.
- Text become invisible for some fonts when editing it in Japanese, Chinese and Korean language.
- Application crashes on quitting if it was launched by opening a file.
- Some assets are not visible in Assets panel unless the application is relaunched.
- [macOS] Export video/media does not launch Adobe Media Encoder 15.4.
- [macOS] Overwriting a word selected by double click in code editor is not working.
- [winOS] Some of the keyboard shortcuts are not working when the focus is in code editor.
Changes in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.8:
- The size of the object changes and the movement of the object is incorrect while moving it using arrow keys in the presence of the camera.
- Frame selection/highlight is not clearly visible in the Frame Picker panel.
- First and Last Frame number is not correct when converting a Movie Clip to Graphic.
Changes in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.7:
- Variable Width Profile is not getting retained on reopening a file.
- Paint Selection and Paint Fills Only modes are not working inside Drawing objects and Groups.
- Opening or closing a large fla document takes a long time and consumes almost double the memory.
Changes in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.6:
- Fixed bugs related to Paint Fills/Paint Selection brush modes.
- Security bug fixes related to out of bounds read and UAF vulnerability which could lead to sensitive memory data and arbitrary code execution by opening the malicious file.
- Crash during installation of Animate to a directory having Capital Cyrillic character has been fixed.
- Fixed drawing related bug after performing “Convert Layers to Symbol” action.
Changes in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.5:
- PNGs generated out of Texture Atlas exporter JSAPI is not transparent.
- Animate crashes on trying to change the first frame in Frame Picker panel inside a group.
- Application crashes on adding a new layer via keyboard shortcut while renaming a layer.
- Undo of Brush modes such as Paint Selection and Paint Inside is not working on Drawing objects.
- Tween is getting broken in the output for object on guided layer with Camera.
- [winOS] Color Set and Color Table files ignores the file extensions on exporting a color swatch.
- Copy-pasting nested movieclips from one document to another doesn’t function correctly.
Fixed in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.3:
- Export Image and Export Animated GIF dialog appears truncated on small displays.
- A call to importPublishProfileString() jsapi after modifying the doc apis crashes Animate.
- A call to addItem() jsapi to add symbol after changing the active doc crashes Animate.
- Animate crashes on test movie a file with an invalid sound envelope.
- Animate goes into non responding state on moving the points in the envelope editor with both left and right mouse clicks.
Fixed in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.2:
- Paint Bucket with Close Small Gaps mode leads to not responding state while using Stylus Pen to drag fill.
- [macOS 11] In the Properties panel, Stroke style and width dropdown menus are distorted.
- [macOS 11] Bitmap, Linear and Radial Gradient swatches look distorted.
- [macOS 11] Brush Library panel appears distorted.
Fixed in Adobe Animate 2021 21.0.1:
- [macOS] Application crashes on launch if one or more corrupted font is installed on the system.
- Arrow keys to nudge the selection do not function as intended when in Edit Multiple Frames mode.
- Keyboard shortcut to increase or decrease classic brush size does not update it live.
- Dragging frames across layer folders does not work in Timeline panel.
- Copy pasting objects, frames, and layers take long time in complex projects.
- Animate crashes on using envelope transformation multiple times on a drawing object.
- Bitmap warped object disappear upon reopening the file if it is part of a classic tween span.
Homepage – https://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 version 1809 and later.
- macOS X 10.13 (64 bit), 10.14 (64 bit) or 10.15 (64 bit)
Size: 2048 MB