Adobe Animate 2020 (formerly Adobe Flash Professional) allows you to create the interactive animations for multiple platforms. Complex animations are easier now that the Motion Editor gives you granular control over motion tween properties.
Design interactive animations with cutting-edge drawing tools and publish them to multiple platforms. Including Flash/AIR, HTML5 Canvas, WebGL or even custom platforms. And reach viewers on virtually any desktop or mobile device.
The leading vector animation toolset helps you work faster and create content that looks terrific on everything from mobile devices to the latest ultra high-resolution displays.
Convert existing Flash ads to HTML5 Canvas or create them from scratch, so they’re optimized for any browser. Export to 4K and higher resolutions to make sure your videos will look great on the latest Ultra HD TVs and monitors.
Create custom vector art brushes using your devices and save them to CC Libraries. Vector art brushes let you modify the path of a stroke after drawing it and scale to any resolution with no loss of quality. Draw expressive artwork for animations with vector art brushes and the Paint Brush tool.
This Adobe software will continue supporting Flash (SWF) and AIR formats as first-class citizens. In addition, it can output animations to virtually any format (including SVG), through its extensible architecture.
Adobe Animate 2020 Features:
Drawing, illustration and authoring
- Vector art brushes. Modify the path of a stroke after it’s been drawn, and scale them to any resolution without losing quality. You can also make custom brushes and import brushes created with Adobe Capture.
- 360° rotatable canvas. Rotate the canvas on any pivot point as you draw to get the perfect angle and strokes. You can even use this feature with a Wacom Cintiq!
- Improved pencils and brushes. Draw smooth, precise vector outlines along a curve and get faster live previews.
- Easier audio syncing. Control audio looping directly on the timeline, without having to code.
- Faster color changing. Naming tagged colors lets you change one color and have it automatically update your entire project.
- Colored onion skinning. Easily orchestrate complex animations now that adjacent frames can have different color and alpha values.
- Adobe Stock. Browse and license millions of high-quality photos, illustrations and vector graphics directly in Animate. You can even add life to static content by adding animations to them.
- Creative Cloud Libraries. Access colors, vector graphics and brushes directly as you work.
- Multiplatform support. HTML5 Canvas, WebGL, Flash (SWF), AIR, video, and custom platforms (such as SVG) via extensions.
- 4K+ video export. Export videos with custom resolutions for the latest Ultra HD and Hi-DPI displays.
- Custom resolution export. Revitalize older content by resizing and optimizing them for any resolution, such as Ultra HD and Hi-DPI displays.
- .OAM support. Export your project as an .OAM file for easy importing to Adobe Muse, InDesign, DPS and Dreamweaver.
- Assets at your fingertips with Creative Cloud Libraries. Browse and access brushes, colors, graphics and other creative assets in libraries that are available in Animate and other Creative Cloud apps.
- Find the perfect asset in Adobe Stock. The new Adobe Stock marketplace lets you find, license and manage royalty-free images and vector graphics from directly within Animate. Choose from 45 million assets.
- Design with Adobe Typekit. Access thousands of Adobe Typekit fonts from right within your font menu and apply them to your Animate web projects.
- Greater flexibility with vector art brushes. New vector art brushes let you modify the path of a stroke after it’s been drawn and scale to any resolution without loss of quality.
- Easily sync audio with your animations. Attach and control audio looping directly on the Timeline for perfect synchronization without having to code.
- Color changes made easy. Name tagged colors so you can change one and have it automatically update across your entire composition.
- Colored onion skinning. Easily orchestrate complex animations now that you can see multiple adjacent frames with different color and alpha values on the stage.
Also includes: The ability to package animations as OAM files, import SVG files directly onto the stage using Creative Cloud Libraries or the File Import command and more.
Adobe Animate 2020 is part of Adobe Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they’re available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich library of training videos. And with Behance integration, you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
- Incorrect blend mode appears on bitmap while switching between nested timeline and scrubbing timeline.
- In HTML5 Canvas published output, symbol instance’s Name property is not set in JS.
- Drawing tools draw at an offset if Animate is launched on a secondary monitor and the secondary display scale factor is different from the primary display.
- In the published output, HTML5 Components appear at the beginning of timeline.
- Items in Library panel do not have a compact view.
- Exporting a frame to jpg/png also exports hidden layers to the image.
- For multiframe timeline, HTML5 Components do not load properly in output.
Redesigned user interface
The redesigned user interface makes Animate simple to use and empowers you to express your creativity. The touch-friendly interface includes enhanced Properties panel, personalizable toolbar, modern timeline, and more. The renewed user interface makes Animate an intuitive application with its designs and added features.
Enhanced Properties panel
The new Properties panel in Animate lets you view settings and controls in context of your current task or workflow. This new panel has been designed with ease of use in mind, ensuring that you have access to the right controls right when you need them.
The new interface of Properties panel comes with more improvements. Just a click and the properties of each selection is available in different tabs like Tool, Object, Frame, and Doc.
- Tool: enlists the properties of the current tool that is selected.
- Object: enlists the properties of current object that is selected on stage.
- Frame: enlists the current frame that is selected in timeline.
- Doc: enlists the current document and publish settings.
Each of the above tab also supports quick action section that includes frequently used list of options. In Properties panel, you can also rearrange each section and expand or collapse the section according to your need.
Design your own custom toolbar. In any toolbar, you can add, remove, group, or reorder tools according to your requirements. The new spacer splits the toolbar into groups to form a division. With the support of Spacer, tear off each group of tools and get them closer to your work area. You can even save the customization as part of the workspace and use it for future projects.
In Animate, Timeline controls have been revised with new options and functionalities.
- Now, Onion skinning button has Advanced Settings option. It allows you to choose various configuration parameters like starting opacity, decrease by, range, modes, and controls onion skin display.
- Click any layer and highlight the layer with a color.
- With the Single layer view option, you have the freedom to work on active layer effortlessly.
- Hand tool from the toolbar can be used to pan the Timeline.
- Also, the new advancements in the Timeline controls allow you to customize Insert Keyframe, Edit Multiple Frame, Create Classic Tween options.
- Timeline Menu option has been made clutter-free with new and concise features like Match FPS, Timeline control top, Timeline control bottom, and more.
Get set quickly to Animate and animation concepts with easy to follow guided tutorial. In the new release, begin your animate journey with hands-on tutorial. The option is introduced in the Help tab. The tutorial focuses to educate both novice and advanced users the essential features and concepts of Animate and animation. With interactive tutorials, Animate allows you to watch and learn simple animations and work on it simultaneously. The guided tutorials come with easy to follow steps.
- Bouncing ball– Learn frame by frame animation, concept of adding keyframes in timeline, onion skinning, play and preview animation, copy, paste and reverse frames.
- Dancing Flames- Learn to customize toolbar, to use property panel, layers, and library, to add and edit tween, symbols.
At the end of each tutorial, you can create and publish the animation in social media and wow your followers.
Enhanced video export
Animate now completely uses Adobe Media Encoder for a seamless media export experience. Now export animations to a wider range of media in Animate. In Animate, you can now choose formats and presets supported by Adobe Media Encoder.
- You can even specify a custom preset that is created in Adobe Media Encoder. By default, Animate automatically starts the render queue in Adobe Media Encoder.
- You can export all scenes, specific scene or choose the range of frames.
- The frame range option when selected auto populates the start frame and the end frame from loop range set in the timeline.
New Fluid Brushes
The brand new Fluid brushes come with added features.
- A better live preview of the strokes is generated simultaneously while drawing.
- Apart from normal brush options like size, color and smoothness, these brushes also have pressure and velocity influence parameters.
- More brush options like roundness, angle, and taper create variations and give your drawings a unique style.
- You can now avoid minor fluctuations and variations while drawing a stroke with the stabilizer option.
When you launch Animate, it now displays a home screen, which includes:
- A wide range of tutorials to help you quickly learn and understand the concept, workflow, tips, and tricks.
- Popular presets to get you started with the new documents quickly.
- Display and access to your recent documents.
- Create New button to open a new document.
- Open button to open an existing document.
Application settings are revised to achieve usability and cater to the ease of Animate users. With the updated version, you can:
- Set preferences in Animate based on your comfort level.
- Explore the preferences settings where you can choose either basic, expert, import, or export. Here, basic comes handy for novice users, while expert preference is a savior for advanced users.
- Export and import workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, and application preferences.
- Switch to any mode that makes your interaction with Animate convenient.
- Modify the user interface from compact to comfortable and back to compact effortlessly.
- Envision the redefined user interface of import and export options. The new options let you customize what you choose to import or export.
Enhanced Keyboard Shortcuts Support- In Animate, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to all essential functionalities of Timeline and Toolbar. For reference, you can implement shortcuts to brush and erase modes, swap colors, layer, and frame menu options. You can add or modify shortcut keys in the Keyboard Shortcut dialog box.
Enhanced Export Image Assets workflow in Canvas Publishing- Image assets option is introduced in Export Image assets. The option retains the image optimization without altering the quality of the image.
Export SVG Sequence- You can export timeline as an SVG Sequence. Click File > Export > Export Movie… and select SVG Sequence as Save as type.
More Filters and Color Effects for Camera: The new Properties panel has updated features for the camera. Now, you can apply any filter or color effects to camera similar to ones used for frames.
Application and Document Bar Additions: Shortcut buttons like Play button, Stage Rotation button, Stepper Zoom Control have been added upfront for easy access.
Support for New JSAPIs- New JSAPIs allow you to work with camera, layer depth, layer effects, layer parenting, texture atlas, export SVG, export movie and so on.
Additionaly, Animate also supports the New CreateJS libraries, CC Libraries, Flash Player, and AIR.
Homepage – https://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 10 version 1703
- macOS X version 10.12 (64 bit) or version 10.13 (64 bit)
Size: 2048 MB