HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software.
It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It’ll be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never–before-seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Homepage – https://www.hitmanpro.com
Size: 4.20 MB
- Advanced Malware Removal – Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal – Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection – Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection – Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection – Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection – Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention – Prevents vulnerable programs from being hacked to gain access to your system
- Privacy Protection – Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior, not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. If other files continue to be encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups and then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. All of this is done without any needed user interaction.
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. Infections are found and promptly removed. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in anyway. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.7.9 Build 751:
- Added Mitigation of local privilege escalation via Task Scheduler (CVE-2018-8440 / @SandboxEscaper)
- Added Compatibility with Windows 10 Redstone 5
- Improved WipeGuard mitigation handling VBR sectors
- Improved Asynchronous Procedure Call (APC) Mitigation
- Improved SEHOP mitigation performance improvement
- Improved Compatibility with 3rd party products that use PUSH/RET in their API hooks
- Improved Windows Vista code injection
- Fixed Compatibility with Windows XP Embedded POSReady 2009
- Fixed Compatibility with Microsoft Edge Application Guard (WDAG) failed to start
- Fixed Compatibility with Microsoft Hyper-V failed to start
- Fixed Compatibility with F-Secure DeepGuard
- Fixed False positive ROP detection (stack-based) in Google Chrome 69 caused by (DRM) widevinecdm.dll
- Fixed Security issue (CVE assigned)
- Updated Botan 2.7.0
- Updated Sqlite 3.24.0
- Updated All code compiled with Visual Studio C++ 15.8.4
- Disabled hardware-assisted ROP mitigation on Chrome 67 (or newer) due to their use of RETpoline
- Removed Network Lockdown mitigation (deprecated) / hmpnet.sys