HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software. It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It will be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never before seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
- Advanced Malware Removal. Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal. Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection. Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection. Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection. Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection. Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention. Prevents vulnerable programs from hacking to gain access to your system.
- Privacy Protection. Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior. Not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups. Then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. The program does all this automatically without the need for user interaction.
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. The found infections it promptly removes. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in anyway. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.13 Build 901 (2021-06-03):
- Fixed more compatibility issues between process hollowing and certain games.
- Fixed an issue with three CryptoGuard 5 Thumbprints that were not working in the previous build.
- Fixed a potential security issue where specifically crafted malware on the machine could craft and manipulate a file structure to elevate privileges.
- Improved compatibility of CookieGuard with browsers that are attached to the Office mitigation profile.
- Temporarily disabled the fix that detects Cobalt Strike delivery over SMB. The fix appears to be incompatible with many game launchers that actually perform main thread hijacking.
- Temporarily disabled system-wide Syscall mitigation as certain third-party security products, like Cylance, actually attempt to bypass API calls by directly jumping to kernel functions via a syscall.
- Temporarily set CookieGuard’s Remote Debugger Port detection to silent as it causes issues with some web developer machines.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.12 Build 899 (2021-05-25):
- Added New Cobalt Strike single-stage mitigation. When Cobalt Strike Beacon temporary de-cloakes in memory to retrieve new commands from the adversary, HitmanPro.Alert will hold and inspect the decrypted memory area for the presence of Beacon.
- Note: In a normal multi-stage scenario, Cobalt Strike Beacon is already proactively blocked by our patented HeapHeapProtect mitigation. This new Cobalt Strike mitigation now also thwarts the single-stage scenario. And upon detection of Beacon it also extracts and reports the full Cobalt Strike C2 profile configuration from memory.
- Added DNS stager detection, when – for example – Cobalt Strike Beacon communicates over DNS with command-and-control (C2).
- Added SysCall mitigation to every process so it now also blocks the Heaven’s Gate defense evasion technique in malware. The Heaven’s Gate technique allows 32-bit malware running on 64-bit systems to hide API calls by switching to a 64-bit environment.
- Added CookieGuard mitigation. It protects (MFA) session cookies and passwords stored in popular Chromium based web browsers, like Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge on Chromium.
- Added an extra message box when an update is pending, and the user clicks on the associated flyout. The message informs the user that the machine must be restarted before the update is actually applied.
- Fixed stack pivot exploit mitigation so it no longer triggers incorrectly on Internet Explorer loading a digital rights management (DRM) related library for streaming DRM protected content.
- Fixed APC Violation mitigation so it now correctly identifies process injection from VMware.
- Fixed Code Cave mitigation so it now plays nice with DRM code from gaming company Electronic Arts (EA).
- Fixed Kernel32Trap mitigation so it no longer causes issues with certain code compiled with Visual Studio.
- Improved CryptoGuard 5 anti-ransomware engine. For example, the note spray evaluator is more tolerant when installers drop the same text file across many folders.
- Improved threat termination. It’s now even more robust, especially when the threat runs with high privileges outside of user session(s).
- Improved compatibility with certain games that perform tricks that trigger our main thread hijacking protection (part of Hollow Process Mitigation).
- Note: We no longer support or update HitmanPro.Alert builds running on Windows 7 RTM (no service pack), Windows Vista and Windows XP. This is because Microsoft mandates the use of SHA-2 to sign our code. These older versions of Windows only support SHA-1 and would not allow our new driver to load.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.8 Build 889 (2020-12-21):
- Fixed False alarm on Chrome 88 and higher by the Stack Pivot exploit mitigation
- Improved Heap Heap Protect shellcode detection
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.8 Build 887 (2020-11-24):
- Added HeapHeapProtect: Code running in dynamic memory, in RUNDLL32.EXE and REGSVR32.EXE, can no longer manipulate other dynamic memory. This proactively helps against many backdoor tools, trojans and ransomware families.
- Added Tamper Protection by filtering process and thread handles against terminate, suspend and injection. Also added menu item to settings menu.
- Added Automatic protection of Microsoft Access against exploitation.
- Added DLL Hijacking protection on HitmanPro malware scanner to prevent privilege escalation.
- Improved Alert report now includes a list of services if a process runs as a service.
- Improved CryptoGuard-only now also enables anti-malware.
- Improved GUI: Added anti-malware menu item to settings menu.
- Improved GUI: EULA on install dialog
- Improved Windows on ARM: Now offloads SHA-256 calculation to hardware via NEON instructions, resulting in 7 times performance boost.
- Improved Windows on ARM: Fixed last scan timestamp.
- Improved AmsiGuard: Now supports unloading of AMSI.DLL.
- Improved ApplicationLockdown: Prevent execution of an Visual Basic file via EXPLORER.EXE from an Office application.
- Improved CredGuardSAM: Prevent registry command line tool from dumping credentials.
- Improved WipeGuard: Volume Boot Record (VBR) protection and alert details.
- Improved Minifilter driver altitude, lowered from 345800 to 221600, to prevent third party minifilters from adversely affecting ransomware detection.
- Fixed CodeCave: coding error that could cause certain rare applications to crash.
- Fixed CodeCave: False alarms when application is packed with boxedApp packer.
- Fixed ACPProtection: False alarms when application is packed with boxedApp packer.
- Fixed ApiSetGuard: False alarms on a standard DLLMain implementation that does nothing but returning 0 or 1.
- Fixed CryptoGuard 5: False alarm in combination with Dropbox.
- Fixed CryptoGuard 5: False alarm when deleting many files on and endpoint protected by Bitdefender’s CryptoStore feature.
- Fixed HeapHeapProtect: Applications under attack could crash when the used shellcode caused an unaligned stack.
- Fixed Crash in Equation Editor when under attack, caused by Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Fixed Italian string in Systray context menu.
Homepage – https://www.hitmanpro.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.88 MB