HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard (Sophos Product) is an advanced, real-time protection and malware removal software. It has all the features found in HitmanPro, including a powerful, professional-grade virus cleaner.
The most traditional virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files. HitmanPro’s deep scan and clean goes the extra mile by eradicating all traces and remnants of the malware that previous security software may have left on your computer. It will be like your computer was never infected in the first place.
Furthermore, HitmanPro.Alert stops brand-new, never before seen threats by proactively seeking out and analyzing suspicious behaviors and activities.
It goes beyond old-school antivirus to deliver advanced, real-time protection against the latest hacking, ransomware, program exploits, webcam spying, and online banking risks.
- Advanced Malware Removal. Finds and removes all traces of known and new malware
- PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) Removal. Targets apps that are actually spyware, adware, and more
- Advanced Real-Time Protection. Protects against new and developing malware, PUAs, and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Advanced Ransomware Protection. Stops all types of ransomware from encrypting your files and boot drive
- Advanced Web Protection. Blocks phishing attacks and compromised websites for safe browsing and shopping
- Online Banking Protection. Certified by MRG Effitas to secure banking on web browsers
- Advanced Exploit Prevention. Prevents vulnerable programs from hacking to gain access to your system.
- Privacy Protection. Blocks access to your webcam and microphone, and any attempts to monitor your keystrokes
HitmanPro.Alert watches for ransomware-style behavior. Not just known ransomware, allowing it to catch brand new variants that other security software can’t recognize. If a file gets encrypted, HitmanPro.Alert makes a backup file. HitmanPro.Alert recognizes this behavior as potential ransomware and stops the process. It then rolls back the encryption by replacing the encrypted files with the saved backups. Then removes the ransomware itself. HitmanPro.Alert also blocks unwanted encryption of the boot drive, another tactic used by hackers to get money. The program does all this automatically without the need for user interaction.
HitmanPro.Alert adds an additional layer of security around vulnerable programs, watching for behavior that is malicious in nature. The found infections it promptly removes. HitmanPro.Alert then replaces infected Windows resources with safe, original versions. This prevents these programs from being exploited and used against the user.
Keeps Your Privacy
HitmanPro.Alert blocks unauthorized access to your webcam, keeping your private life private. It beefs up browser security and warns you if the browser has been compromised in anyway. It also encrypts your keystrokes, rendering keyloggers useless and keeping what you type safe. These advanced privacy features led MRG Effitas to award HitmanPro.Alert their Secure Online Banking certification.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.8 Build 887 (2020-11-24):
- Added HeapHeapProtect: Code running in dynamic memory, in RUNDLL32.EXE and REGSVR32.EXE, can no longer manipulate other dynamic memory. This proactively helps against many backdoor tools, trojans and ransomware families.
- Added Tamper Protection by filtering process and thread handles against terminate, suspend and injection. Also added menu item to settings menu.
- Added Automatic protection of Microsoft Access against exploitation.
- Added DLL Hijacking protection on HitmanPro malware scanner to prevent privilege escalation.
- Improved Alert report now includes a list of services if a process runs as a service.
- Improved CryptoGuard-only now also enables anti-malware.
- Improved GUI: Added anti-malware menu item to settings menu.
- Improved GUI: EULA on install dialog
- Improved Windows on ARM: Now offloads SHA-256 calculation to hardware via NEON instructions, resulting in 7 times performance boost.
- Improved Windows on ARM: Fixed last scan timestamp.
- Improved AmsiGuard: Now supports unloading of AMSI.DLL.
- Improved ApplicationLockdown: Prevent execution of an Visual Basic file via EXPLORER.EXE from an Office application.
- Improved CredGuardSAM: Prevent registry command line tool from dumping credentials.
- Improved WipeGuard: Volume Boot Record (VBR) protection and alert details.
- Improved Minifilter driver altitude, lowered from 345800 to 221600, to prevent third party minifilters from adversely affecting ransomware detection.
- Fixed CodeCave: coding error that could cause certain rare applications to crash.
- Fixed CodeCave: False alarms when application is packed with boxedApp packer.
- Fixed ACPProtection: False alarms when application is packed with boxedApp packer.
- Fixed ApiSetGuard: False alarms on a standard DLLMain implementation that does nothing but returning 0 or 1.
- Fixed CryptoGuard 5: False alarm in combination with Dropbox.
- Fixed CryptoGuard 5: False alarm when deleting many files on and endpoint protected by Bitdefender’s CryptoStore feature.
- Fixed HeapHeapProtect: Applications under attack could crash when the used shellcode caused an unaligned stack.
- Fixed Crash in Equation Editor when under attack, caused by Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Fixed Italian string in Systray context menu.
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.6 Build 875 (2020-07-02):
- Updated CryptoGuard to version 5.5. This new version offers improved performance on systems with high-end hardware (e.g. NVMe M.2 SSDs)
- Improved CryptoGuard detection
- Improved WoW64 mitigation
- Improved upgrade of build 7xx to a 8xx build
- Improved installer to detect partial old installation
- Improved the internal updater to check more frequent for updates
- Various minor improvements
- All binaries built with Visual C++ 16.6.1 with Spectre mitigations
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.4 Build 871 (2020-04-20):
- Fixed BSOD occuring on some computers with Windows 10 version 2004 (20H1)
- Improved Lockdown mitigation
- Improved False positive handling
- All binaries built with Visual C++ 16.5.4 with Spectre mitigations
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.3 Build 869 (2020-04-13):
- Fixed handle leak in Alert’s service process
- Fixed compatibility with BoxedApp applications
- Fixed event log to show the timestamp in local time instead of UTC time
- Fixed a device reference counting issue in the driver related to WipeGuard mitigation
- Improved CryptoGuard 5 algorithms
- Improved APC mitigation
- Improved DEP mitigation
- Improved HeapHeapProtect detection
- Improved HeapSpray mitigation
- Improved SysCall mitigation
- Improved the update pending message to be shown more frequent instead of just once
- All binaries built with Visual C++ 16.5.3 with Spectre mitigations
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.2 Build 867 (2020-03-11):
- Fixed an issue with CryptoGuard 5 when it handles very large files, that could’ve lead to a BSOD
- Added Prevent token privilege manipulation to Local Privilege Mitigation (PrivGuard)
- Improved Credential Theft Protection (CredGuard) when an attacker attempts to export the Security Account Manager (SAM) database from the Windows Registry for offline password dumping (e.g. via Mimikatz)
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.1 Build 863 (2020-02-05):
- Improved CryptoGuard 5 detection
- Improved minifilter performance
- Improved compatibility with VMware ThinApp applications
- Improved compatibility with BoxedApp applications
- Improved compatibility with Checkpoint
- Various minor improvements to alert reports
- Fixed CTF Guard false alarms on some computers
- Fixed RDP Guard showing a flyout on non-RDP sessions on Windows 7
- Fixed HeapHeapProtect false alarms on Visual FoxPro applications
- Fixed APC mitigation false alarms on some .NET 1.1 applications
- Fixed Generic.Ransom.E false alarms on LSASS.exe on 64-bit computers
- All binaries built with Visual C++ 16.4.3 with Spectre mitigations
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.8.0 Build 861 (2020-01-10):
- Improved CryptoGuard 5 performance
- Improved suppress alert event user interface
- Fixed issue in CryptoGuard 5 causing BSOD when copying large files over SMB
- Fixed potential local privilege escalation (LPE)
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.7.12 Build 793 (2019-12-04):
- Improved CryptoGuard to handle a deficiency in Windows leveraged by the RIPlace evasion technique
- Fixed a CryptoGuard EFS false positive on LSASS (Local Security Authority Sub System)
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.7.11 Build 791 (2019-10-14):
- Improved CryptoGuard 4 anti-ransomware module
Changes in HitmanPro.Alert 3.7.10 Build 789 (2019-09-06):
- Fixed rare stack alignment issue on Windows 10 build 1903 (19H1) caused by recent Keystroke Encryption change
- Improved compatibility with Webroot security software, fixing application crashes
- Improved compatibility with Bitdefender security software, fixing application crashes
- Improved compatibility with Trend Micro security software, fixing application crashes
- Improved compatibility of CTFGuard with VMware ThinApp
Homepage – https://www.hitmanpro.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
Size: 4.90 MB