F-Secure SAFE is the multi-device Internet security for your PC, Mac, smartphone, and tablet - with one simple solution. It is F-Secure’s new security service for both PC and mobile users.
It combines F-Secure’s award-winning technologies into one unified security experience across all your devices. You can now protect your whole family’s online activity with a single service.
F-Secure SAFE protects all your devices against malware, hackers and identity theft. Regardless of the device you use, you can now protect your information and activities online.
With F-Secure SAFE you can choose your subscription based on the number of devices you want to protect. Installation is simple and fast. Whenever you get a new device you just switch protection from your old one to the new one or add more devices to your F-Secure SAFE account.
F-Secure SAFE has an easy web portal for managing the security for all your devices. You can also manage your family’s devices, and for example locate missing devices and erase any important data if one of your devices gets stolen.
With Parental Control, your children are safe too. You decide what content your children can and can’t see and when they can go online. Secure Internet surfing, banking and shopping has never been easier. F-Secure SAFE is digital freedom for your entire family. Whatever your device, you can always make sure that you are secure with F-Secure SAFE.
In addition, F-Secure Freedome VPN brings you privacy, anonymity, and digital freedom. At the push of a button, Freedome gives you your own private network. So that you can change your virtual location and access blocked services while staying protected against spying, tracking, and harmful apps and web sites. Even when you use public Wi-Fi.
With F-Secure SAFE you can handle your everyday activities safely - browse, shop, use online banking services. Stay safe from phishing attempts that try to capture your personal information. For example through fake banking sites or unsafe web stores. Keep your money safe and make your online transactions worry-free.
F-Secure SAFE Benefits:
- Protect all your devices with one service
- Quick and easy for you to install
- Give your PC, Mac, smartphone and tablet the best protection in the world
- Stay safe from online threats with automatic protection
- Explore the Internet safely with Browsing Protection
- Secure your online banking with Banking Protection
- Protect your children online with Parental Control
- Protect your personal data if your mobile device is lost or stolen
- Manage your security and locate your missing devices through an easy-to-use personal portal
Make the technology work for you. F-Secure SAFE detects known malware and provides proactive security whenever you use your device. You will always have up-to-date security protecting you from the constantly changing threat landscape.
Choose your F-Secure subscription based on the number of devices that you own. Manage the protection on your devices with an easy-to-use personal console. For example, if you purchase a new device, you can easily switch the protection from one device to another to make sure that all of your devices are protected at all times.
What’s New in F-Secure SAFE 18.1:
Remote access protection
- When a banking session starts, Banking protection detects and blocks remote access to your computer and displays a warning. This prevents phone scammers from leveraging remote access software to perform online thefts.
- The feature is limited to Anydesk and TeamViewer, but more applications are to be added later this year.
Automatic gaming mode
- When a game starts, the product goes into gaming mode automatically. This pauses the software and database updates, as well as scheduled scanning.
- The feature is available in Windows 10 RS5 or newer versions.
All user interfaces now with .NET technology
- All user interfaces have been converted to .NET technology.
- The change has been implemented, as the old user interface needed to be loaded into memory after restart, affecting the computer performance. It was also always running in the background, consuming memory and a little bit of CPU. The new .NET-based user interface now loads into the memory only when needed, resulting in less resource usage while the product still protects you in the background.
Short-cut to install and start ID PROTECTION
- ID PROTECTION appears in the main user interface if you have a license for it.
- You can install the product from the shortcut also after installation, and you can also start the product from here.
- Windows 11 support
- Dark mode support
- Serbian language support
- Notifications to install the Browser extension appear at the same time for multiple browsers. If using multiple browsers, this allows you to set up the Browsing extension separately for a given browser.
- Hot keys, for example, Alt+Tab, Alt+Space cannot be used to switch away from the Time limit lock screen. In addition, countdown before locking the computer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Login during installation happens as part of main UI with Microsoft Edge WebView2 (Chromium engine). This requires Microsoft Edge WebView2 runtime to be installed. If it’s not, the installer installs it for you.
Other improvements released earlier as channel updates
- Banking protection session ends automatically when you close the bank tab or open another web page. This is especially handy when using bank credentials to authorize access to another website.
- BypassIO support: Windows 11 has an optimized I/O path for reading from files. This helps to meet the I/O demands of loading and running next-generation games on Windows.
- Selecting Gaming mode from the tray icon has been removed. This is now fully automatic and cannot be manually enabled any more.
- The product update message has been simplified and now links directly to the release notes.
What’s New in F-Secure SAFE 18.0:
A completely redesigned main user interface with smart tasks
- The main user interface has been reworked with .NET technology, and only consumes resources when open.
- Important events open the main user interface automatically, offering an easy way to solve them. You can dismiss tasks that you don’t consider important.
- Events are shown in the main user interface, and subviews only show events and statistics that relate to a specific subview.
- High resolutions, resizing, and accessibility features are now fully supported.
Allowed and blocked websites and time limits get a facelift
- The user interface for allowed and blocked websites, and time limits has been reworked with .NET technology.
- The URL address is validated when adding a new website entry.
- You can select multiple website entries and remove them at the same time.
- Keyboard shortcuts (Delete and Ctrl+C) are supported.
- When the time limit has been reached, the child is locked out of the session after 60 seconds.
Easy sample submission directly from Quarantine
- Quarantined items can be reported to the Security Cloud directly from the app and file control user interface.
Other user interface improvements and product enhancements
- The user interface for Banking Protection minimizes automatically, so that it does not prevent accessing browser tabs.
- The in-app Help has been changed to an HTML-based and .NET technology.
- All system infection components removed by real-time scanning are listed in the event history user interface.
- Quarantined items are not allowed if they are pending a computer restart.
- The next scheduled scan is shown once the feature has been configured.
- Allowing a website from the browser’s block page opens a confirmation dialog.
- The Microsoft Edge browsing protection extension is installed from the Microsoft Store. The extension can also be installed manually from the settings user interface.
- Turning off all protection requires you to select when the protection is to be turned back on.
- Product upgrades wait until virus scans or protected banking sessions end.
- Family rules is no longer available for adult users.
- The Action Center (“Messages”) has been merged with the main user interface. There is no longer the option to view messages in the tray icon.
- Internet Explorer no longer triggers missing or disabled browser extension warnings. The browser extension is still installed and can be enabled.
Homepage – https://www.f-secure.com
Available languages: dansk, Deutsch, English, español, español latinoaméricano, français, français canadien, italiano, lietuvių, Nederlands, norsk, polski, português, português brasileiro, suomi, svenska, tiếng Việt, русский, 日本語, 繁體中文 (香港)
- Windows 11
- Windows 10, Anniversary Update or newer
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- ARM-based tablets are not supported.
- macOS version 11.0 (Big Sur)
- macOS version 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS version 10.14 (Mojave)
Smartphones and tablets
- Android 6.0 or later with 70MB of free disk space
- iOS 13.0 or later with 10MB of free disk space
Size: 1.63 MB