AVG AntiVirus FREE 2021 is the free essential protection that detects, blocks and removes viruses and malware. It is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product!
Rapid virus database updates are available for the lifetime of the product. In this way it provides the high-level of detection capability that millions of users trust to protect their computers.
AVG AntiVirus Free 2021 is easy-to-use and will not slow your system down (low system resource requirements).
With AVG Zen included free, you can remotely manage the protection of all your PC and Android devices. Also you can keep track of the security status of any Mac. All from one place. You can also add your family’s devices easily. Moreover, you can extend your full protection features to them for free. The days of checking up on the security of all your devices one by one are over.
AVG AntiVirus Free 2021 is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only. The new improved interface is designed to make AVG 2021 the easiest possible protection.
Protection – detects and stops viruses, threats and malware:
- AntiVirus. Helps stop, remove, and prevent the spreading of viruses, worms or trojans.
- AntiMalware (AVG Resident Shield). Protects you from malware on your PC and helps stop anything that’s infected.
- AVG Anti-Rootkit. Detects and removes dangerous rootkits that hide malicious software that seeks to take control of your computer.
- AVG Email Scanner. Detects infected or rogue inbound attachments so they can’t damage your PC. Works as a plug-in for email applications including Microsoft Outlook or as a scanner for POP3, SMTP and IMAP accounts.
- AVG Protective Cloud Technology. Identifies and prevents emerging threats “in the cloud” via automatic updates to your antivirus software.
- AVG Community Protection Network. Instantly converts every new threat encountered by any member of our community into protection for everyone. It adds up to ever-better antivirus protection for the entire AVG community.
- AVG LinkScanner Surf-Shield. Smart prevention technology that stops you hitting infected or criminal sites. Actively checks every web page just before you click and stops you if it detects anything suspicious.
- AVG Social Networking Protection. Checks the links that get exchanged when you’re on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter etc. to help keep you and your friends safe.
Privacy – prevents spying and data theft:
- AVG Do Not Track. Lets you identify which websites are collecting data on your online activities and gives you the choice whether to allow it. Supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- AVG Identity Protection. Not only keeps your personal information safe when you’re busy online, but also stops criminals stealing personal data on your PC.
- Anti-Spyware. Keep your identity safe from the Spyware and Adware that tracks personal information.
- AVG WiFi Guard. Helps you avoid the rogue WiFi access points used by hackers by alerting you when your PC tries to access an unknown WiFi network.
- File Shredder. Deletes data securely using processes that prevent them being accessed or recovered by someone else.
Performance – helps ensure a fast running PC:
- AVG Turbo Scan. Dramatically shortens security-scanning times thanks to a smarter scanning sequence that follows the order in which files are saved to the hard drive.
- Game Mode. Keeps scans and updates at bay whilst you play to avoid lags and freezes. Also safeguards your digital profile from hackers looking to steal and sell your game rewards.
- AVG Smart Scanner. Only scans your PC when you’re not using it. Drops to low priority mode as soon as you move your mouse or hit a key. To keep scan times to a minimum it ignores files it’s already scanned and knows are safe.
- Accelerator. Maximizes connection speeds and the download of binary data to deliver faster, smoother video streaming. Dramatically enhances the experience of YouTube videos.
- AVG Advisor. Responds to performance issues with recommendations on how to speed your browsing. Alerts you to apps that take a lot of bandwidth and memory giving you the option of shutting them down.
- AVG Auto-Fix. Detects and alerts you to any security risk, providing a simple one-click Auto-Fix button. It automatically fixes the problem and resets the system to the best protection mode.
Changes in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.8.3202:
- New language switch in settings
- UI internal changes – preparation for future releases
- Pirate talk language removed from product
- TLS certificate compression support for browsers
- Firewall: Public profile cannot be set when you are connected via RDP
- OpenID technology – Modern standard, more secure way to login to Avg account via web browser.
What was fixed
- BSOD caused by Behavior shield driver
- Error messages are correctly displayed on tray icon
- CyberCapture detection fixes
- Fixed memory leak in self-protection driver
- Incorrect Firewall settings for VPN fixed
- Purchase of paid product is not offered after login to paid account anymore
- Core service maintenance
Changes in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.7.3196:
- Big changes to Firewall! — We’ve redesigned our Firewall, improved its protection, and made it free for everyone to use. If you’ve got Avast Free Antivirus, you’ll find your new Firewall in your Protection menu. It’s already turned on and protecting you. If you’ve got Avast Premium Security, we’ve upgraded you to “Premium Firewall” to also prevent your computer from leaking sensitive info to the network and warn you if a malicious device tries to intercept your data or scan your computer via open ports.
- Unresolved threat reminders — We’ll now remind you about any unresolved threats found by scan you may not have seen before your computer was last shut down
- Silent Mode fix — We’ve fixed a bug that prevented you from turning off Silent Mode if Do Not Disturb Mode was on
Changes in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.6.3189:
- Useful Smart Scan notifications — We’ve fine-tuned the behavior of Smart Scan with improved initialization steps, and ensured that you receive proper notifications about scheduled scans.
- Better feature shortcuts — We’ve changed the main tile navigation so Avast Antivirus features are easier to distinguish from shortcuts to other Avast products.
Bug fixes and improvements for:
- The latest renderer version stopped supporting CPUs with SSE2, so we needed to add an install block and freeze users using this older pieces of HW on 21.4 version
- Fixed cases of infinite loader when turning off some of core shield via Settings
- Fixed support tool (collection logs and info for customer support and debugging) that was not properly grabbing AV status and subscription status in Rescue Disk, plus it now reports WSC status
- FYI: Virus Chest has been renamed to Quarantine
- Fixed removal of scheduled tasks
- Fixed a case when some of antivirus windows opened in the background (behind other full-screen app) even if this was not desired while interacting with it
- …and a lot of security improvements we can’t be more concrete about
Changes in AVG AntiVirus 2021 21.5.3185:
Major public announcements
- Fewer interruptions in fullscreen — When you’re running another app fullscreen, our antivirus will no longer open on top and interrupt you. We apologize if this happened to you! (And don’t worry, threat warnings will still appear, so you’ll always know about malware even while watching your favorite film)
- Introducing Webcam Shield reminders — If you’ve configured Webcam Shield to automatically block or allow apps, we’ll now remind you of this when an app tries to access your webcam so you don’t sit around wondering why your webcam isn’t working. (For Premium Security only)
Bug fixes for:
- Software Updater is giving us a headache these days – We had to temporarily remove this feature from Smart Scan to patch a few bugs, but users can still find and use it from their menu. We’ll be slowly rolling it back out to Smart Scan, so if you don’t see it there yet, please wait a few more days
- We’ve updated our UI rendered CEF to a new version (chromium 90.0.4430.93) to patch known security flaws
- Fixed issue with creating Rescue Disk for UEFI format (next to BIOS)
- Other Rescue Disk improvements: fixed a bug that prevented Rescue Disk from starting, improved keyboard controls, etc.
- Fixed a tray icon error that showed an issue notification despite everything being OK
- Fixed a Firewall issue where driver aswNetHub.sys caused a BSOD
- Fixed a leak of GDI objects
- Fixed the AvastClear utility, which didn’t properly remove the antivirus from Windows Security Centre
- …and a lot of other improvements
Homepage – https://www.avg.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- macOS 10.10.x (Yosemite) and higher.
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher.
- iOS 10.3 or later
Size: 7.99 MB