Opera 89 has come up with bigger guns to enter the race for the most popular web browser, as the current leading role is played between Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
This web browser has one intuitive, powerful location for searching and navigating the web. Search using multiple providers and view site suggestions as you type. The Discover feature gives you top-quality news and entertainment from around the globe.
Moreover, Opera 89 also has the advanced functions such as Opera Mail program. It is the lightweight, customizable mail client that refines your email experience.
Opera 89 Browser Features:
Now it comes with an innovative anti-Bitcoin mining tool. It also displays security badges, which give you a quick glance at the security of a page. If the browser’s Fraud and Malware Protection detects anything potentially dangerous, it will display a popup to warn you.
Bookmarks. Now you can quickly enable or disable the bookmarks bar by selecting Show bookmark bar. If you want to bookmark a page, click the HEART icon.
Integrated PDF viewer. In addition, Opera has integrated a fast PDF Viewer directly into the browser so you can keep reading without changing applications.
Support for H.264 and MP3. H.264 video and MP3 Audio is widely used on the internet. Therefore, with Opera Browser you will have native access to such content.
Syncing Bookmarks with Android. If you install Opera browser for Android mobile and for Desktop on your computer, you can see cross-device syncing in action. Make some bookmarks on your computer and see them appear on your Android phone.
Sync open tabs between computers. In Opera for computers, you can now sync your open tabs.
MSE + MP3. MSE Audio now works from within Opera, enabling playback from Google Play Music and similar services.
Custom ad-blocking list support. Users have the possibility to load your own files in the block-list form. Use extra button in Preferences, where you can add/remove any extra block-list files you’d like to load.
Video pop out. Allows you to shift your video frame to the side of your screen, so you can truly multitask. Browse, shop online or do the research without missing out on the video action.
RSS in personal news. RSS support makes the built in newsreader even more customizable.
Opera has integrated free VPN integrated for better online privacy.
That allows to be unblocked of firewalls and websites, hide your IP address and ensures public Wi-Fi security.
VR Player Support
Opera is the first browser to support 360-degree videos in virtual reality headsets! It has a built-in VR 360 player for leading headsets, such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and other OpenVR compatible devices. That unlocks the immersive world of 360-degree videos for Opera users.
- DNA-100256 Make tab strip scroll buttons rich hints anchors
- DNA-100277 Make Opera Account dialog attachable by webdriver
- DNA-100323 Implement hover buttons inside Account popup
- DNA-100362 Dependency errors in opera_components/wmi
- DNA-100413 Search suggestions doesn’t work with turned VPN on
- DNA-100422 Enable #opera-account-popup on all streams
- DNA-100440 Log out from Opera Account should also calls account/logout API
- DNA-100463 Implement statistic for Acceptable Ads
- DNA-100472 Crash at void opera::vpnpro::VpnProServiceImpl::DidSetError()
- DNA-100490 authPrivate.logout() should also perform clearCredentials
- DNA-100493 [Sync] Missing Sync password field in settings
Changes in Opera 89.0.4447.31 Beta Edition:
- CHR-8916 Update chromium on desktop-stable-103-4447 to 103.0.5060.53
- DNA-98056 AA doesn’t work well with EasyList enabled ‘in a wild’
- DNA-99781 Crash at wmi_util::ScopedWMIQuery::Run(wchar_t const*)
- DNA-99842 Make new popup work for VPN on Linux
- DNA-100028 Implement ‘signed in’ state of popup
- DNA-100045 iFrame Exception wasn’t blocked with Acceptable Ads
- DNA-100182 Add option ‘Do not sync data’ to settings
- DNA-100207 Button to choose wallpapers hidden behind scroll bar
- DNA-100236 Blink in dark mode
- DNA-100248 Hide old Sync toolbar icon if the new one is there
- DNA-100273 Logout button does not ask for confirmation
- DNA-100274 Use different icon for log-in and log-out state in top bar
- DNA-100275 Add styles to indicate buttons inside Account popup
- DNA-100282 A location cannot be selected when it happens to be the optimal one
- DNA-100291 Update snapcraft uploading/releasing in scripts to use craft store
- DNA-100301 Crash on clicking the user-account icon in Private Window
- DNA-100303 Unable to quit opera when logged in to sync account
- DNA-100311 Gear icon on reload toolbar is blue
- DNA-100317 ‘Synchronise…’ option not working when Opera account popup is enabled
- DNA-100383 Red background in video pop-out
- DNA-100392 Icon background changes color to gray when opening popup while logged in
- DNA-100395 User icon in opera account popup should be opening profile in auth
- DNA-100436 “Sign out” from about:config Sync does not work
- DNA-100443 When not signed in user icon in opera account popup should lead to sign in
Changes in Opera 89.0.4436.0 Developer Edition:
- CHR-8898 Update Chromium on master to 103.0.5060.13
- DNA-99294 Empty page after switching tabs in fullscreen
- DNA-99424 Decouple animations from tiles
- DNA-99429 Default theme should be System
- DNA-99524 Update method for displaying version of active browserjs
- DNA-99550 tv.vodafone.es shows unsupported browser with Opera UA
- DNA-99557 Add Google ‘entities’ support for suggestions WP1
- DNA-99560 Implement entity support in autosuggest for address bar dropdown
- DNA-99566 Crash on clicking the badge in Private Window
- DNA-99617 VPN-pro dialog: allow to switch location when VPN is ON
- DNA-99623 Make VPNpro dialog attachable by webdriver
- DNA-99625 Whitelist consent.youtube.com for player
- DNA-99631 Hide the unpaid VPN when VPN Pro is enabled
- DNA-99643 VPN Badge: missing optimal location after selecting location
- DNA-99661 Adblock and navigation handling for ads on corner
- DNA-99686 Skip ad is red in detachable video popout
- DNA-99690 Crash at void SearchProvider::OnURLLoadComplete(const class network::SimpleURLLoader*, class std::__1::unique_ptr)
- DNA-99692 Disable tab strip scrolling on Windows 7
- DNA-99701 Create React-based / Typescript new start page playground
- DNA-99715 Enable speedy for nightly builds (all products)
- DNA-99725 Crash at opera::ModalDialogViews::Show()
- DNA-99728 Animate tiles in Suggestions
- DNA-99729 Animate tiles in “Continue on” sections
- DNA-99740 Empty vpn-dialog content after location switch (build-in vpn)
- DNA-99742 Mark currently active location on location-chooser list
- DNA-99749 Write basic tests for chrome:activity
- DNA-99754 Adblock whitelist does not work for gx-corner.op-test.net
- DNA-99760 Virtual location in setting doesn’t have label after browser start
- DNA-99777 Remove staging gx corner from adblock whitelist
- DNA-99782 Crash at v8::internal::(anonymous namespace)::LineArrayCompareInput::GetLength1() (.67fdf201f3bf4313422fe5d57a7b8a8e)
- DNA-99797 The connection status “Disconnect” in settings page is static
- DNA-99799 Remove gx corner from adblock whitelist
- DNA-99807 Add optimistic state update in popup to make it more responsive
Homepage – https://www.opera.com
Opera System Requirements:
- Windows 7 or later
- Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or later with support for SSE2
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or later with support for SSE2
Size: 77.2 MB