XYplorer is a multi-tabbed file manager for Windows, featuring a very powerful file search, versatile preview facilities, a highly customizable interface, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks. It’s extremely fast and light, it’s innovative, and it’s fun!
XYplorer (formerly known as TrackerV3) is a hybrid file manager that combines features found in navigational and orthodox file managers.
Instead of dual folder panes, it features a file tree and a tabbed interface for folders that supports drag-and-drop between tabs.
A central feature is the hideable information panel at the bottom that can be used to view file properties and contents, generate reports, find files and preview files. Such as PNG, TIF, GIF, JPG, TGA, PSD, ICO; WAV, MP3, MPEG, AVI; TTF, PFB; HTML, EML, MSG, DOC, XLS, PDF, and many other formats.
The XYplorer search facility supports Boolean logic, Regular Expressions, whole word and fuzzy matching, binary string search, and multiple location search. The unique feature is the Catalog, which is a user created panel of links to files, folders, URLs, and similar entries. Another feature is Scripting, which allows user to create stored sets of commands, similar to a macro. Also the UDC (User Defined Commands), which allow user to create a limited set of customized commands.
- XYplorer is a Portable File Manager. It doesn’t require any installation, nor does it ever change your system or registry. Ideal for a USB drive.
- Tabbed Browsing. Cutting-edge file management using a true multi-tabbed interface.
- Dual Pane spells productivity and ease of use.
- Powerful file search with amazing speed. It supports Boolean Logic, Regular Expressions, Boolean RegExp, Content Search, and more…
- Folder View Settings. Save and auto-restore the view settings of any particular folder. Great feature, saves a lot of time.
- Mini Tree, the author’s personal killer feature.
- Folder Sizes can be shown right in the file list.
- Tags and Comments let you give colors, labels, and comments to individual filenames.
- Reduce your daily routines to simple keystrokes with User-Defined Commands!
- Scripting. Advanced solutions for advanced tasks.
- One-click previews of all important image, audio, video, web, office, and font file formats.
- A powerful Favorites Panel called Catalog.
- Quickly create New Items from a configurable menu, a major time saver!
- Portable File Associations. Home is where your double-click is!
- Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts for more than 300 functions. Have it your way!
- A clean and user-friendly interface makes working with XYplorer easy and intuitive.
Changes in XYplorer 23.50.0000 (2022-08-08):
- Overlaid Thumbnail Captions. Thumbnail captions can now be superimposed over the image like subtitles in a movie. Saves space and looks cool.
- Color-Code Folders by Content. Now color filters can be applied to folders in tree and list depending on what items they contain.
Changes in XYplorer 23.40.0000 (2022-07-29):
- Indestructible Tree. Currently not interested in collapsing or expanding? Now you can lock the nodes to fix your folder tree in its current expanded state.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to the voice of Nico.
Changes in XYplorer 23.30.0200 (2022-07-18):
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Changes in XYplorer 23.30.0000 (2022-06-28):
- Ordinal Date. The new Ordinal Date option for the date format eliminates the months from the equation and only displays years and days. This makes it easier to estimate a date difference at a glance. For example, today would be “2022-179” (year 2022, day 179). The Ordinal Date format is used by the military in some contexts, so it’s safe to assume it has its uses.
- Preview Pane to the Left. Now you can show the Preview Pane to the left of the file list. The obvious advantage is that the previews then are nearer to the name column, which is where you usually look and click.
- Duplicate File Finder Can Ignore Numbers. Now it can optionally ignore serial numbers and strings like “Copy of” that are auto-attached by Windows to the name of a file copied in the same place. If “Ignore numbers” is enabled, the file names “Fred.txt”, “Fred (1).txt”, “Fred (2).txt” and “Fred – Copy (2).txt” are considered duplicates.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to “(I’m) Stranded” of The Saints.
Changes in XYplorer 23.20.0100 (2022-06-11):
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to the music of Djo Music.
Changes in XYplorer 23.20.0000 (2022-06-08):
- Filter Images By Aspect Ratio. You can now filter or find all images that are equal to or wider than 3:2, for example.
- Sort Images By Aspect Ratio. You can also sort your image folders by aspect ratio, for example from tall and narrow (portrait) to wide and flat (landscape).
- Filter Images By Area. You can now filter or find all images larger than a million square pixels, for example.
- Sort Images By Area. You can as well sort your image folders by the area covered by the images.
- Make The Name Column Stand Out. Now you can dim the other columns slightly to highlight the name column. A helpful feature for column messies.
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to the music of The Brothers Comatose.
Changes in XYplorer 23.10.0000 (2022-05-20):
- Wheel Through The List Views. Now you can scroll through the available 10 list views with the wheel, Ctrl+Wheel to be precise.
- Auto-repeat Search At Next Location. Now you can automatically repeat the current search for the next selected location. No more browse-then-search, browse-then-search, browse-then-search, but just search, search, search.
- Skip Invisible Subfolders. Now you can control whether invisible subfolders are included in a recursive search.
- Transparent Folders Through Color Filters. Now you get advanced folder color filters that show the type of folder content right in the file list. Saves you a lot of guessing and opening.
- Show Bitness In Tooltip. The bitness (32-bit or 64-bit) is now displayed at the end of the tooltip for all file types where it makes sense (EXE, DLL, DRV, TLB, etc).
- Compilation Soundtrack. Compiled to the music of Obongjayar.
Homepage – https://www.xyplorer.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.