LastPass Password Manager is a free password management program that makes web browsing easier and more secure. It is available as a plugin for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
LastPass has the tools to help you follow best security practices, with a unique, strong password for every account. The software also allows you to easily create a LastPass account and import your existing passwords.
Password Manager also supports password generation, site sharing and site logging. Passwords are protected by a master password and are encrypted locally and are synchronized to any other browser. Moreover, this program has a form filler that automates password entering and form filling.
Furthermore, the program does more than remember your passwords. Keep track of other important information and simplify your online life.
LastPass Password Manager Features:
- Auto-pilot for all your passwords. The app removes obstacles, letting you get back to the things you love most.
- Log in and go. Once you save a password in LastPass, you’ll always have it when you need it; logging in is fast and easy.
- Simplify online shopping. When you’re ready to make a purchase, your profile will fill all your payment and shipping details for you.
- Generate strong passwords. The built-in password generator creates long, randomized passwords that protect against hacking.
- Store digital records. Insurance cards, memberships, Wi-Fi passwords… keep all your notes safe and easy to find.
- Share effortlessly. Some things shouldn’t be sent in a text. Conveniently and safely share passwords and notes with anyone.
- Prepare for the unknown. Let trusted friends and family access your LastPass account in the event of an emergency or crisis.
LastPass Premium Edition
This Password Manager offers a premium subscription (for only $1 per month). That includes iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, WebOS and Symbian applications, enhanced support, multi-factor authentication and no advertisements. Protect yourself against phishing scams, online fraud, and malware.
LastPass Enterprise Edition
Offers true Single Sign On capability to your organization. It allows your users a simple and secure method to login to both websites and applications. It is browser neutral, and platform agnostic. Powerful centralized administration tools allow you to manage, control, and audit end user actions.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to be unable to import a KeePass XML file into LastPass in the new import experience. Previously, users would encounter an “Invalid format” error message, or the page would get stuck at “loading” on Step #3 and never advance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Edit screen (when editing a vault item) to freeze when a new form field was added to an item within a shared folder. Previously, this required a manual refresh of the page in order to save the newly added form fields.
- Fixed an issue to support the import of note items (within an exported Bitwarden file) when importing Bitwarden data into LastPass. Previously, only password items were included in imports from Bitwarden.
- Fixed a translation issue in which the “Starter Kit” menu text (from the user account drop-down menu) was not displaying as translated text in the user’s chosen language for their online web vault.
- Fixed an issue that caused all page numbers to be listed individually at the bottom of the import page (instead of being listed with “Previous” and “Next” page navigation) while importing more than 150 items.
Changes in v4.100.0 – Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, IE, Safari (2022-07-20):
- Users can now import their vault data using a Encrypted file (that was exported from LastPass) within the new in-vault import experience.
- Fixed an issue in which the secure password generator did not include numbers in the generated password, even when specified as a requirement.
- Fixed an issue in which the login screen was not launching when using the LastPass in-field icon.
- Fixed an issue in which users encountered a blank screen (instead of being prompted with a multifactor authentication screen) when logging in to the browser extension with an account enabled to use Google Authenticator or YubiKey as their multifactor option.
- Fixed the following issues with the secondary onboarding feature (for LastPass Business users):
- LastPass browser extension menu was not displaying the “completed skills” out of “total skills” count.
- If the user selected to hide the onboarding panel (from the LastPass browser extension menu), they could not access the onboarding menu again until the web browser page was refreshed.
Changes in v4.99.0 – Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE (2022-07-08):
- The new and improved save & fill experience is here! To start using right away, users can enable the improved save and fill experience from within their LastPass vault, otherwise in the coming weeks this will become the default experience for all users.
- Users (who log in to their vault using passwordless login) now see an option “Log in with master password” on the login screen of the LastPass browser extension and LastPass website. Previously, these users (whose mobile devices were already enrolled to use the Authenticator before enabling passwordless login for vault) were only presented with the “Log in with Authenticator” passwordless login option.
- Fixed various issues in which the secondary onboarding pane (for Business users) was not displayed in the right navigation of the user’s vault after attempting to launch via in-vault messaging, refreshing the online web vault, or reloading the LastPass browser extension.
Homepage – https://www.lastpass.com
Size: 96.8 MB