Light Image Resizer from Obvious Idea (previously known as VSO Image Resizer) is a free tool that organizes your photos by shrinking their resolution or moving them within your hard drive.
It is the perfect tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, import or organize photos.
Using this free resize image software, you can create e-mail friendly versions of your images, load them faster, move them easily from folder to folder, change their format, edit large numbers of image files/batch image resize and thus save space on your hard drive.
Add your own watermark to protect your work or add a copyright to photos with html-like text formatting and transparency support. Customize pictures by converting them to sepia or add a border. Use the live preview to see what the final result will look like before actually processing the image.
The ObviousIdea Photo Resizer/Picture Resizer works on files, subfolders and folders, and supports RAW formats. With multi-core support integrated, you can convert images even faster. Launch the application easily from Windows shell explorer with a right click on the image or folder.
Light Image Resizer Key Features:
- Resize pictures, resize photos and resize images – compress, convert, and easily create copies of your pictures
- A fast batch photo resizer
- High quality results using ultra fast multi-core, photo resize technology
- High quality image resizing filters – Lanczos and Bicubic for best compression quality, and Linear for speed
- Create e-mail friendly images or use them for internet publishing
- Sort, rename or add a watermark to protect your pictures from being stolen
- Use the profiles library – iPhone, iPad mini, forum, HQ
- New – create custom PDF pages !
- Easy to convert JPEG to PDF
You can add photos directly as attachments, individually or in a ZIP file, to email by using the publish function, without exceeding the maximum size permitted by email servers. Create PDF files from your images, like jpg to PDF. Do this for individual or multiple images. Edit, create, export, backup new profiles with your favorite settings.
The most popular profiles are already pre-defined, such as FULL HD resolution wallpaper images, iPod, NTSC, 640 x 480. Access to profiles in 1 click with the shell integration.
Transfer photos and optimize space on digital frames with the Digital Picture Frame Wizard. You can use the resize picture options to resize to the frame’s supported resolution, and add even more photos for viewing !
The program is available as a windows shell extension. Just right click to easily resize pictures as copies or continue to work on the original HQ photos. Then share your resized photos online with friends. It’s freeware software if you use it for personal use.
Changes in Light Image Resizer 184.108.40.206:
- Canon CR3 files could load with wrong orientation
- orientation could be wrong in some cases when converting JPEG to other formats
- wrong orientation for TIFF files with EXIF data
- interface glitches on some systems with Windows 7
Changes in Light Image Resizer 220.127.116.11:
- saving in WebP format could fail due to missing system DLL
- “Adjust resolution for portrait” was broken for images containing EXIF metadata
- alpha channel (transparency) was lost when saving in Targa (.tga) format
- JPEG images in RGB format could load with wrong colors
- faster loading for watermark preview
- add hint for filenames in preview window if too long to display
Changes in Light Image Resizer 18.104.22.168:
- Increase limit for compression size
- Updated detection for OS version and edition
- Improved support for terminal server
- FIXED: Light Image Resizer was not available in context menu for JFIF files
Homepage – https://www.obviousidea.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
There is no version available for Mac.
Size: 9.68 MB