Light Image Resizer from Obvious Idea (previously known as VSO Image Resizer) is a free tool that organizes your photos by shrinking their resolution or moving them within your hard drive.
It is the perfect tool for those who store their digital pictures and images on their PC and who want to resize, compress, convert, create copies, import or organize photos.
Using this free resize image software, you can create e-mail friendly versions of your images, load them faster, move them easily from folder to folder, change their format, edit large numbers of image files/batch image resize and thus save space on your hard drive.
Add your own watermark to protect your work or add a copyright to photos with html-like text formatting and transparency support. Customize pictures by converting them to sepia or add a border. Use the live preview to see what the final result will look like before actually processing the image.
The ObviousIdea Photo Resizer/Picture Resizer works on files, subfolders and folders, and supports RAW formats. With multi-core support integrated, you can convert images even faster. Launch the application easily from Windows shell explorer with a right click on the image or folder.
Light Image Resizer Key Features:
- Resize pictures, resize photos and resize images – compress, convert, and easily create copies of your pictures
- A fast batch photo resizer
- High quality results using ultra fast multi-core, photo resize technology
- High quality image resizing filters – Lanczos and Bicubic for best compression quality, and Linear for speed
- Create e-mail friendly images or use them for internet publishing
- Sort, rename or add a watermark to protect your pictures from being stolen
- Use the profiles library – iPhone, iPad mini, forum, HQ
- New – create custom PDF pages !
- Easy to convert JPEG to PDF
You can add photos directly as attachments, individually or in a ZIP file, to email by using the publish function, without exceeding the maximum size permitted by email servers. Create PDF files from your images, like jpg to PDF. Do this for individual or multiple images. Edit, create, export, backup new profiles with your favorite settings.
The most popular profiles are already pre-defined, such as FULL HD resolution wallpaper images, iPod, NTSC, 640 x 480. Access to profiles in 1 click with the shell integration.
Transfer photos and optimize space on digital frames with the Digital Picture Frame Wizard. You can use the resize picture options to resize to the frame’s supported resolution, and add even more photos for viewing !
The program is available as a windows shell extension. Just right click to easily resize pictures as copies or continue to work on the original HQ photos. Then share your resized photos online with friends. It’s freeware software if you use it for personal use.
Changes in Light Image Resizer 188.8.131.52:
- “Adjust resolution for portrait” was not working for some portrait images with EXIF metadata
- displayed PDF paper sizes in centimeter were not rounded correctly
- orientation data may have been removed when customizing metadata leading to incorrect orientation
- wrong font may have been used when choosing some 3rd party fonts for watermark text
- output could be empty in rare cases when JPEG optimization failed for very large files
- processing should now be faster for large outputs when a maximum file size is set
Changes in Light Image Resizer 184.108.40.206:
- add support for JPEG XR
- smart watermark text variable for oldest and newest date (evaluating EXIF, IPTC and file dates)
- preview was showing an error if image was skipped due to selected policy
- minor interface glitches on Windows 11
- orientation issues with some Camera RAW photos
- output from CR3 files was garbled black and white in some cases
- generated filename could be wrong when there was a name conflict and “Split into parts” was enabled
- changing border options did not refresh preview
- pressing TAB key to navigate in metadata dialog could lead to a crash in some cases
- file extension was not considered when sorting, resulting in a different order than in Explorer
- output format was not respected when resize policy was set to else skip
- preview thumbnail could be displayed with wrong orientation during processing
- copy EXIF from CR3 when converting to JPEG
- internal handling of some formats
- updated libraries (IENv12)
Homepage – https://www.obviousidea.com
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
There is no version available for Mac.
Size: 9.81 MB