OBS Studio 30.1 Beta 2 / 30.0.2 (Open Broadcaster)
OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster) is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. It features high-performance real-time video/audio capturing and mixing with unlimited scenes you can switch seamlessly via custom transitions. Filters for video sources are available, including image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, an intuitive audio mixer with filter functions such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain can improve the quality.
OBS Studio is equipped with a powerful API, enabling plugins and scripts to provide further customization and functionality specific to your needs. Utilize native plugins for high performance integrations or scripts written with Lua or Python that interface with existing sources. Work with developers in the streaming community to get the features you need with endless possibilities.
Open Broadcaster supports all your favorite streaming platforms and more.
OBS Studio Features:
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards and more.
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording.
- Modular ‘Dock’ UI allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like. You can even pop out each individual Dock to its own window.
Create Professional Productions
- Choose from a number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between your scenes or add your own stinger video files.
- Set hotkeys for nearly every sort of action, such as switching between scenes, starting/stopping streams or recordings, muting audio sources, push to talk, and more.
- Studio Mode lets you preview your scenes and sources before pushing them live. Adjust your scenes and sources or create new ones and ensure they’re perfect before your viewers ever see them.
- Get a high level view of your production using the Multiview. Monitor 8 different scenes and easily cue or transition to any of them with merely a single or double click.
OBS software distributed under the GPLv2 license, developed by volunteer contributors around the world in their free time. The summary of the license is that OBS is free for anyone to use, for any reason. OBS has no watermarks or other limitations and can be used commercially with no restrictions.
Changes in OBS Studio 30.1:
- Enabled HDR for HEVC over RTMP
- Reworked the Image Slideshow source [Lain-B]
- The reworked Image Slideshow source loads files asynchronously and fixes an issue where the slideshow would loop before showing all images. To change existing Image Slideshow sources to the new version, you must recreate them. Existing Image Slideshow sources will continue functioning as before.
- Added Capture Audio option to window/game capture on Windows
- Added Premultiplied Alpha option for game capture on Windows
- Added option for automatic cropping to bounding box
- Added maxRGB tonemapper for SDR in HDR Tone Mapping filter
- Added GPU rescaling options for streaming and recording outputs
- Added channel selection for CoreAudio input devices
- Added Capture Card Device source type on macOS
- Enabled multi-track audio support for mpegts
- Added AV1 support for VA-API
- Added AV1 support for WebRTC/WHIP output
- Added Video Capture Device (PipeWire) source type
- Added HDR support for the Elgato HD60 X Rev.2
- Added theme data search paths [derrod]
- Added Lua script location to search path for Lua native libraries
- Added Python 3.11 support for Windows and macOS
- Updated obs-websocket to version 5.4.0
- Improved simple mode replay buffer settings
- Switched to bigger units in the UI for high bitrate/large recordings
- Disabled Paste Transform on locked scene items
- Disabled Edit Transform if scene item is locked
- Removed Windows 7 and Ubuntu 20.04 NVENC fallbacks
- PCM audio in (fragmented) MP4/MOV is now supported
- Fixed crash when loading Python at runtime on Windows [PatTheMav]
- Fixed crash in Image Slideshow when adding a directory with no files in it [notr1ch]
- Fixed crash on macOS when attempting to stream to a WHIP servers with certain configurations [RytoEX/Sean-Der]
- Fixed crash when trying to stream with WebRTC/WHIP [CrackThrough]
- Fixed deadlock when adding a macOS Screen Capture source [PatTheMav]
- Fixed issue where OBS could be closed by docked browser panels [WizardCM]
- Fixed high CPU usage with Virtual Camera on macOS [jcm93]
- Fixed checkbox misalignment on macOS in properties view [nikola3211]
- Fixed audio track 1 audio being offset/desynced with other tracks [derrod]
- Fixed incorrect VST window size on HiDPI display [xlinshan]
- Fixed editable list UI element having incorrect background-color [tuduweb]
- Fixed the resize cursor with respecting the item transformation [BGM99]
- Fixed disk space reporting for attached network drives on macOS [PatTheMav]
- Fixed Safe Mode removing third-party transitions from scene collection [derrod]
- Fixed being unable to use QSV in the Flatpak package [twelho]
- Fixed audio track titles not being set in Custom FFmpeg Output [tuduweb]
Changes in OBS Studio 30.0.1:
- Fixed a crash with PipeWire Screen Capture [kkartaltepe]
- Fixed a crash when removing scene items [tt2468]
- Fixed a crash on shutdown in obs-websocket [tt2468]
- Fixed macOS Sonoma capture indicator lingering on screen [jcm93]
- Fixed a memory leak on first run after updating OBS [norihiro]
- Fixed Safe Mode activating when using multiple OBS instances [derrod]
- Fixed Stats Dock reporting incorrect free disk space on macOS [PatTheMav]
- Fixed menu bar application title issues on macOS [PatTheMav]
- Fixed issues with the shader cache feature causing OBS to be unable to run on Windows [notr1ch/derrod]
- Fixed an issue causing browser docks to close OBS [WizardCM]
- Fixed handling frontend JS events in browser sources [RytoEX]
- Fixed audio devices resetting when encountering timestamp errors on Windows [prgmitchell]
Homepage – https://obsproject.com/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 and 11.
- macOS 10.15
- Ubuntu 20.04 and newer
Size: 127 MB