Automation Workshop is a software tool for Windows that allows automating time-consuming, complex, repetitive, and recurring processes. Create automated tasks easier than ever before with no scripting, programming, or coding skills.
The program can monitor folders for content modifications, and execute various scenarios, from simple reporting to complex autonomous file operations. Automation Workshop can easily become an integral part of your automated IT infrastructure design for Microsoft Windows.
By effectively uniting an intuitive visual interface with rich parameter specificity, this Automation tool allows designing Tasks of script-like complexity. Thus, without requiring any coding experience, you are equipped with tools capable of automatically joining normally unconnected (i.e., manually connected) processes.
Automate anywhere and everything using advanced Job Scheduler Trigger, intelligent file and remote folder watchers, or simply system startup triggers. These Triggers can be dynamically linked with 100+ workload automation Actions allowing users to create automated tasks for jobs like file and folder operations, compressing files with popular Windows or Linux archiver support, uploading or downloading files from secure FTP servers or even a cloud.
Automation Workshop includes the necessary managing, monitoring, reporting, and logging features. That allow the user to uniquely identify processes and problems and to stay informed about relevant system operations.
- Monitor local and network folders for changes and automatically launch the appropriate Task to handle the situation in a predefined yet flexible manner.
- Automatically synchronize directories to retain exact copies of data in local folders and remote directories, such as SFTP, FTP, Amazon S3, or WebDAV.
- Advanced Task Scheduler executes jobs on a flexible schedule, including advanced recurrence patterns, configurable repetitions, and exclusions.
- Excellent industry-standard secure email capacities with SSL and STARTTLS options not only present the user with all the necessary means for sophisticated email sending but also can easily take care of automatic email distribution of any complexity.
- Securely monitor remote files and directories. New, existing, modified, deleted changes, file count and size. From anywhere via SFTP with SCP and SSH modes, FTP with Plain, Explicit and Implicit modes, Amazon S3 with access and secret keys, and WebDAV with Plain and SSL · TLS modes. To make your connection more secure, configure allowed server fingerprints and trusted CA certificates.
- Automatic zip compression and unzip extraction with multi-core processor support for efficient archive management. This enterprise-level solution easily handles archives of virtually unlimited size, Unicode characters in file names, and AES-256 encryption. As well as formats popular on Unix/Linux/BSD, such as Tar, Gzip and Bzip2.
- A powerful set of almost 40 file operations with file and folder listing, copying, moving, renaming, deleting, content saving and retrieving, as well as remote file upload and download.
- Features powerful Start application and Run DOS command Actions. That provide the user with the means for both executing Windows command interpreter commands and connecting with almost any application already deployed within the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Designed with multi-core processors in mind, it implements Task execution strategies that allow unlimited Task parallelizing.
- Powerful error handling options allow the user to avoid or circumvent issues by running additional predefined Tasks automatically.
- The Operations manager provides real-time data on memory use, active Triggers, executed Tasks, and service uptime. That allow you to ensure that the system is running in optimally.
- The Queue manager provides an overview of all currently running and pending Tasks.
- Take automation even further with System Startup Trigger, which automates Tasks that are executed upon either system startup or shutdown.
Smart and unattended
- Once set up, Automation Workshop runs fully unattended in the background as a Windows service without requiring to log in.
- User Logon Trigger allows monitoring the logins or logoffs of any user. Furthermore, the Tasks include an advanced Run As settings. That allows Task execution with different credentials and within different user environments.
- The application is designed with energy efficiency in mind and is perfectly suited for all platforms, from servers to laptops.
- 2 new Cloud Watchers – Google Cloud Storage and DigitalOcean Spaces – fully featured file and directory monitoring capabilities. Watch for new, existing, modified, or deleted files. Also watch for the number of files in a directory, or trigger when a file reaches a certain size.
- 2 new Actions – Connect to Google Cloud Storage and Connect to DigitalOcean Spaces – perform all basic and advanced remote file and directory operations using all existing Cloud Actions such as upload, download, synchronize, list, move, rename, etc.
- New Remote SSH Command Action executes one or multiple shell commands directly on a remote SFTP server (over an SCP or SFTP connection).
- New simplified UI – combines the Main menu and Toolbar items. The new simple style is used by default. Full customization options are accessible from the Tools menu.
- New Maximized view mode (in addition to Compact, Expanded, and Extended) allows editing the Task workflow using the entire screen height.
- Password policy to protect Automation Workshop from unauthorized access.
- The Advanced connection settings of all Cloud Watchers may not report full Task name (partially truncated) during Trigger pre-initialization process. While this behavior may happen very rarely, the correct Task execution itself never was affected.
- Rarely, the Amazon S3 connections were unable to reconnect in case of connection failure.
- Amazon S3 file timestamps now work correctly across all timezones.
- The Convert List Action was silently failing (with an out of memory error logged) when no current separator was provided.
- In some cases the Separator Action was returning an empty variable.
- Updated networking engine – performance, stability, and security features.
- FTP and WebDAV connections now support SHA-256 fingerprints.
- SFTP connections now support private key files PPK v3 (supported in PuTTY 0.75+).
- Remote File Information behaves consistently in case of non-existent files.
- The Add Action window UI introduces shortcuts to other relevant Action categories. Filtering is enhanced with additional search alises and provides keyword-rich instant Action filtering. Some Actions and some Action groups slightly reordered.
- Improved UX when manually running a disabled Task or Tasks that depend on Triggers.
- Visual UI fix in the Advanced Connection Settings (ensures all list item visibility).
- Task Wizard UX improved – redesigned the Welcome and Finish steps.
- New Shortcut key to enable or disable a Task, or multiple Tasks; and to enable or disable individual Triggers or Actions.
- The Shortcut key CTRL+C (or CTRL+INS) now copies content of the Show Message, Input Dialog, and Question Dialog windows more consistently.
- Upon Automation Workshop resizing, all Panes maintain their minimum size.
- Slightly rearranged and added new Help menu items.
- Full compatibility with Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022.
- A lot of minor improvements.
- For new Tasks, the FTP and WebDAV connections now use SHA-256 fingerprints by default.
Changes in Automation Workshop 4.6.0
- New SFTP option added to support 2FA – a private key and a password authentication.
Changes in Automation Workshop 4.5.1:
- Fixed: The multiple lines option in Input dialog Action was causing a default value input line to be considerably misaligned during a task creation process.
Changes in Automation Workshop 4.5.0:
- New TLS option (Auto, SSLv3, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, TLS 1.2, and TLS 1.3) allows selecting how Automation Workshop and SMTP server negotiates the version of TLS or SSL to be used in secure connection when sending email. Optionally, allows ignoring any certificate errors caused when connecting to a secure SMTP server.
- Some special Unicode and left square bracket characters may cause the wildcard matching to be inconsistent. Now, all the Triggers and Actions apply file masks correctly.
- If there were no subsequent Actions after a loop, the Loop Action may stop unexpectedly.
- In nearly all cases email sending was failing, if the server name contained most Unicode characters. By default, machine name is used for HELO / EHLO greeting when initiating client and SMTP connection.
- Very rarely, upon stopping the Service, a false crash state was encountered, leading to an unfinished stop state. False crash log entry was made.
- Ensures stable SFTP file downloads for large files.
- Every Action that displays variables & parameters in Task’s Actions tab, now shows entire Unicode range and special characters.
- Calculation of negative Task execution times are no longer possible. Ensures that QPC high-resolution timestamps not yield negative time-interval measurements.
- Log pane of Automation Workshop was unable to properly display an extremely large amount of incoming events. Now, it easily handles thousands of events per second.
- The Task renaming option in Automation Workshop Manager now works consistently.
- Simplified UX of the Zip files Action.
- Slightly simplified and streamlined context menus.
- Updated most internal libraries.
- Optimized setup file size.
- Few more minor tweaks and improvements.
- Instead of OpenSSL libraries, Automation Workshop now uses Windows built-in cryptographic API that is secured by Windows Secure Channel (Schannel) security support provider (SSP). It provides the latest security fixes and improvements, such as TLS 1.3 to crypto API via standard Windows Updates.
- Update server now uses newer TLS version. Older Automation Workshop versions may not be able to check for the latest releases.
Homepage – https://www.febooti.com/
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
Size: 26.2 MB