Telegram is a cloud-based mobile and desktop instant messaging program with a focus on security and speed. This open source application ensures pure instant messaging – simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. Over 500 million active users.
It’s the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type. Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
Default messages and media in Telegram are encrypted when stored on its servers. But them can access the Telegram service provider, who holds the encryption keys. The client-server communication is also encrypted. The service provides end-to-end encryption for voice calls.
Telegram accounts are tied to telephone numbers and are verified by SMS. Users can add multiple devices to their account and receive messages on each one. Moreover, you can remove the connected devices individually or all at once. The associated number you can change at any time and when doing so, the user’s contacts will receive the new number automatically.
In addition, a user can set up an alias that allows them to send and receive messages without exposing their phone number. You can delete Telegram account at any time and they are deleted automatically after six months of inactivity by default.
Features of Telegram Messenger:
- Private – the messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.
- Cloud Based – lets you access your messages from multiple devices.
- Fast – the program delivers messages faster than any other application.
- Distributed – the servers are spread worldwide for security and speed.
- Open – has an open API and protocol free for everyone.
- Secure – keeps your messages safe from hacker attacks.
- Powerful – no limits on the size of your media and chats.
- Connect from most remote locations.
- Coordinate groups of up to 200,000 members.
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices.
- Send documents of any type.
- Encrypt personal and business secrets.
- Destruct your messages with a timer.
- Store your media in the cloud.
- Build your own tools on our API.
- Free forever. No ads. No subscription fees.
In addition for those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. This way you can send all types of disappearing content – messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can read only the intended recipient.
Changes in Telegram 4.1.0 (2022-08-12):
- Include animated emoji in messages and captions.
- Premium users unlock over 500 new emoji, including custom packs with unique characters.
- All users can view any emoji – and try them out in the Saved Messages chat.
- Control who can send you voice and video messages with Telegram Premium.
- Send a Premium subscription to any user from their profile.
- Choose 3, 6, or 12 months – at a discount.
Changes in Telegram 4.0.2 (2022-06-24):
- Fix window title on Windows 7. (again)
- Fix file chooser and global menu on macOS.
- Crash fix and OpenAL check for PipeWire fix on Linux.
Changes in Telegram 4.0.1 (2022-06-23):
- Fix window title on Windows 7.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Changes in Telegram 4.0.0 (2022-06-21):
- Premium: Send media and files each up to 4 GB in size.
- Premium: Download media and files at the fastest possible speed, with no limits.
- Premium: Double most of the limits in the app.
- Premium: Get a new button next to any voice message to generate a transcript of its audio.
- Premium: React with even more emoji, including :clown: and :heart_eyes:.
- Premium: Send unique stickers with additional effects, updated monthly.
- Premium: Set a default chat folder or enable tools to auto-archive and hide new chats.
- Premium: Subscribers have a badge next to their name, showing they help support Telegram.
- Premium: Show off your profile video that will be animated for everyone in chats and the chat list.
- Premium: Sponsored Messages that are sometimes shown in public channels will no longer appear.
- Enable join requests for your public groups – no invite links required.
- Users who open the group will see an Apply to Join Group button.
- Once approved by an admin, users will be able to participate in the chat.
- Bots that are integrated into the attachment menu can be programmed to work in groups and channels.
Changes in Telegram 3.7.3 (2022-04-26):
- Fix a crash in the pinned bar bot button refresh.
Changes in Telegram 3.7.2 (2022-04-25):
- Fix mute period selector values.
- Fix a crash in repeated context menu item selection.
- Fix context menu item selection of systems without a compositor.
Changes in Telegram 3.7.1 (2022-04-20):
- Hardware accelerated video decoding off by default.
- Fix several crashes.
Changes in Telegram 3.7.0 (2022-04-17):
- Use any short music file or voice message as a notification sound.
- Right click audio files in chats to add them to your list of sounds – or use ‘Upload Sound’ in the Notifications menu.
- Click on Mute notifications > Select sound in a chat’s (…) menu to change its notification sound.
- Set custom tones for notifications in Settings > Notifications > Play sound.
- Click on Mute notifications in a chat’s (…) menu to manage its notifications.
- Choose ‘Mute for…’ to turn off notifications for a preset period, like 1 hour or 1 day.
- Quickly configure Auto-Delete settings from any chat info page.
- Click (…) to turn on Auto-Delete, then select a specific duration.
- Replies are now preserved when forwarding messages, making forwarded conversations easier to read.
- Bots can now open detailed pages directly in the chat.
- Use these streamlined interfaces to buy real-world goods and services without leaving the app.
- Open a bot’s profile to add it to your group or channel.
- Instantly configure a bot’s rights and permissions when adding it.
- Bots can send a new type of button that lets you add them to your group or channel.
Homepage – https://telegram.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 and above
- macOS 10.12 and above
- Ubuntu 12.04 – Ubuntu 21.10
- Fedora 22 – Fedora 35
Size: 32.2 MB