Telegram 4.7.1 – FREE Multiplatform Messenger
Telegram is a cloud-based mobile and desktop instant messaging program with a focus on security and speed. This open source application ensures pure instant messaging – simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. Over 500 million active users.
It’s the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type. Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
Default messages and media in Telegram are encrypted when stored on its servers. But them can access the Telegram service provider, who holds the encryption keys. The client-server communication is also encrypted. The service provides end-to-end encryption for voice calls.
Telegram accounts are tied to telephone numbers and are verified by SMS. Users can add multiple devices to their account and receive messages on each one. Moreover, you can remove the connected devices individually or all at once. The associated number you can change at any time and when doing so, the user’s contacts will receive the new number automatically.
In addition, a user can set up an alias that allows them to send and receive messages without exposing their phone number. You can delete Telegram account at any time and they are deleted automatically after six months of inactivity by default.
Features of Telegram Messenger:
- Private – the messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.
- Cloud Based – lets you access your messages from multiple devices.
- Fast – the program delivers messages faster than any other application.
- Distributed – the servers are spread worldwide for security and speed.
- Open – has an open API and protocol free for everyone.
- Secure – keeps your messages safe from hacker attacks.
- Powerful – no limits on the size of your media and chats.
- Connect from most remote locations.
- Coordinate groups of up to 200,000 members.
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices.
- Send documents of any type.
- Encrypt personal and business secrets.
- Destruct your messages with a timer.
- Store your media in the cloud.
- Build your own tools on our API.
- Free forever. No ads. No subscription fees.
In addition for those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. This way you can send all types of disappearing content – messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can read only the intended recipient.
Changes in version 4.7.1 (2023-03-21):
- Fix media viewer with some system scale settings on Windows.
- Fix calls on Linux.
Changes in version 4.7.0 (2023-03-20):
- You can disable all resource-intensive animations and animated stickers and emoji.
- Power saving mode turns on automatically based on system battery saving settings.
- Fully flexible playback speed settings for videos, voice and video messages.
- Click the “1X” button to quickly switch between normal and adjusted speed – or hold it to set any speed between 0.5-2.5x.
- Improved sound quality for adjusted speed playback.
- Read receipts in groups under 100 members now show reaction timestamps and when your messages were read.
- When inviting people to groups, you can quickly send invite links to anyone who doesn’t allow adding them directly.
- Invite links now show previews in chats.
- Fully translatable bots. Bot descriptions and ”What can this bot do?” sections can now be translated.
- Starting a call now shows a confirmation window.
- Fixed pasting images from Firefox on Windows.
- Global Fn+F shortcut to switch active window to full screen mode on macOS.
- Silent notification sound in Focus Mode on macOS.
Changes in version 4.6.5 (2023-02-25):
- Fix payment card input field validation.
- Fix video playback with hardware acceleration on macOS.
Changes in version 4.6.3 (2023-02-16):
- Optimize chats list initial loading.
- Various crash fixes.
Changes in version 4.6.2 (2023-02-08):
- One more attempt to fix fonts on Windows.
- Fix polls forwarding to private chats.
- Improve translations bar appearance.
- Improve userpic editor presets.
Changes in version 4.6.1 (2023-02-06):
- Fix fonts fallback on Windows.
- Fix crash in userpic editor.
- Fix some crashes on 32 bit Window build.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Homepage – https://telegram.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 and above
- macOS 10.12 and above
- Ubuntu 12.04 – Ubuntu 21.10
- Fedora 22 – Fedora 35
Size: 34.8 MB