Telegram is a cloud-based mobile and desktop instant messaging program with a focus on security and speed. This open source application ensures pure instant messaging – simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices. Over 500 million active users.
It’s the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type. Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS.
Default messages and media in Telegram are encrypted when stored on its servers. But them can access the Telegram service provider, who holds the encryption keys. The client-server communication is also encrypted. The service provides end-to-end encryption for voice calls.
Telegram accounts are tied to telephone numbers and are verified by SMS. Users can add multiple devices to their account and receive messages on each one. Moreover, you can remove the connected devices individually or all at once. The associated number you can change at any time and when doing so, the user’s contacts will receive the new number automatically.
In addition, a user can set up an alias that allows them to send and receive messages without exposing their phone number. You can delete Telegram account at any time and they are deleted automatically after six months of inactivity by default.
Features of Telegram Messenger:
- Private – the messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.
- Cloud Based – lets you access your messages from multiple devices.
- Fast – the program delivers messages faster than any other application.
- Distributed – the servers are spread worldwide for security and speed.
- Open – has an open API and protocol free for everyone.
- Secure – keeps your messages safe from hacker attacks.
- Powerful – no limits on the size of your media and chats.
- Connect from most remote locations.
- Coordinate groups of up to 200,000 members.
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices.
- Send documents of any type.
- Encrypt personal and business secrets.
- Destruct your messages with a timer.
- Store your media in the cloud.
- Build your own tools on our API.
- Free forever. No ads. No subscription fees.
In addition for those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. This way you can send all types of disappearing content – messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can read only the intended recipient.
Changes in version 4.3.3 (2022-11-24):
- Fix an issue with media auto-download on Windows.
- Fix switching accounts in maximized window.
- Fix collapsed archive row layout.
Changes in version 4.3.2 (2022-11-22):
- Enable message translations in Settings > Language.
- Fast jump to the last updated topic.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Changes in version 4.3.1 (2022-11-08):
- Critical bug fixes.
Changes in version 4.3.0 (2022-11-05):
- Groups with more than 200 members can now have their discussions organized into topics.
- Premium users can now convert both voice messages and video messages into text.
Changes in version 4.2.3 (2022-09-28):
- Improve scaling / cropping for photos / video files.
- Improve touch support in channel comments.
- Nice animation for spoilers.
Changes in version 4.2.0 (2022-09-17):
- A new expandable reaction menu was added in private chats and groups.
- All users get access to dozens of new reactions, including reactions previously reserved for Premium users.
- The reactions you use most frequently will always be displayed at the top.
- Premium users can react to messages with thousands of custom emoji and add up to 3 reactions to each message.
- Group admins can control whether custom reactions are allowed in their groups.
- Premium users can add an animated emoji status next to their name to display their current activity.
- To set a status, tap your Premium badge in the main menu or Settings.
- Popular suggestions for working, sleeping, traveling and more will be shown at the top.
- To set a status for a specific duration like 1 hour or 2 days, right click the emoji.
- A new format was supported for username links, in addition to “t.me/username.” You can now open Telegram accounts, groups or channels using links like “username.t.me” or “https://username.t.me.”
- Improved support for long media captions.
Homepage – https://telegram.org
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 and above
- macOS 10.12 and above
- Ubuntu 12.04 – Ubuntu 21.10
- Fedora 22 – Fedora 35
Size: 33.0 MB