BitComet 2.00 – Download Manager
BitComet is a BitTorrent, HTTP, FTP download management software. It is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features allow to accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
Also supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded.
Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun. You don’t need to wait dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes.
And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding. Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share. Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI. Start BitTorrent download without .torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization. Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache. Memory cache reduces the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation. Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network. Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router).
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading. BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename. Automatic choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of avi, rmvb, wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Quick Resume. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download. Automatically finds mirror servers for the downloading file. Downloads data from these servers at the same time and increases download speed 300% or more.
- Multi-Section download. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support. Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
Download Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.99 (2023-04-05):
- GUI Improve: Add dark mode, follow system settings by default, can be switched in the main window view menu (requires Win10 1809 or later)
- GUI Improve: Task snapshots and task comments changed to WebView2 (requires Win7 or later, needs install necessary component for early Windows versions)
- GUI Improve: The CometID pane in the left bottom corner changed to WebView2
- GUI Improve: Add advanced option system.disable_edge_backend
- GUI Improve: Add “submit snapshot” to context menu of task list in expert mode
- GUI Bugfix: Task snapshots not shown for magnet links
- GUI Bugfix: After clicking on the magnet link in the browser to start the main comet program, the main window becomes unresponsive
- GUI Bugfix: When DPI is selected for 150% scaling, the toolbar’s icons do not display correctly
- GUI Bugfix: When dragging a URL from a browser page to a floating window, there is an additional underscore character at the end of the URL
- Core Improve: Task snapshots and task comments switched to new transport protocol
- Core Improve: Add local cache to task screenshots to avoid re-downloading each time when they are displayed
- Core Improve: the cloud service for remote connection now available for all CometID users
- Core Bugfix: The UDP tracker cache data is not cleaned up in time, causing the program to freeze when exiting
- Core Bugfix: When the RSS Auto Downloader keyword is empty, downloads should be allowed
- Core Bugfix: The downloaded file will not be deleted when deletes BT task immediately after moving the downloaded files
- Core Bugfix: For a single-file BT task, the movement of the downloaded file will fail if the task is not completed
- Core Bugfix: After an HTTP task stops downloading due to insufficient disk space, the downloaded files are not deleted when the task is deleted
- Core Bugfix: No progress is displayed when moving files across partitions for HTTP task
- Core Bugfix: The RSS auto-update interval setting does not take effect
- Core Bugfix: fix incorrect reconnection algorithm when updating CometID score info
Changes in BitComet 1.98 (2022-12-08):
- GUI Improve: Remember whether to add to blacklist when remove torrent entries
- GUI Bugfix: The status of UDP port in the global statistics is inaccurate
- Core Bugfix: When the long-term upload cache is insufficient, the program may crash
Homepage – https://www.bitcomet.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Android 7.0 or later
Size: 25.1 MB