BitComet is a BitTorrent, HTTP, FTP download management software. It is powerful, fast, very easy-to-use, and completely FREE. The advanced features allow to accelerate your downloading speed up to 5 – 10 times faster, or even more.
BitComet supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, chatting, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
Also supports 52 Languages. Mirror servers are automatically found for the file being downloaded.
Data from these servers are downloaded at the same time to increase download speed 300% or more. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
With Bitcomet you can preview the videos only minutes after downloading has begun. You don’t need to wait dozens of hours to finish the download. At present, most of the video files on the Internet have huge sizes, some files going even as big as several Gigabytes.
And there are some torrents containing fake files which may waste lots of your time to download. With this new function, you can check the content by previewing files and deciding whether to continue the download or remove the task and its files from your computer.
- Long-Term Seeding. Speed up downloading and revive dead torrents
- Torrent Share. Exchange torrent while downloading
- Magnet URI. Start BitTorrent download without .torrent file any more, using DHT network.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of .avi .rmvb .wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Cross Protocol Downloading: Benefit from HTTP/FTP/eMule download sources while BitTorrent downloading.
- Intelligent Connection Optimization. Configuration is automatically set to match your connection type.
- Intelligent Disk Cache. Memory cache reduces the read/write frequency of your hard drive, increasing device life.
- Intelligent Disk Allocation. Reduce disk fragmentation.
- DHT network. Start BitTorrent download without connecting to any tracker.
- Auto Config ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) and ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows.
- Auto Config UPNP port mapping in router (UPnP support is required in router).
- Also support Multi-tracker, DHT, UTF-8 extension, and UDP tracker Protocol v2.
HTTP/FTP Download – Innovative P2P Technology
- P2P downloading. BitComet automatically finds other clients and gets data from them to increase your download speed，without additional bandwidth usage of the HTTP server.
- Intelligent File Rename. Automatic choose the best name for your download file.
- Preview while Downloading. Preview of avi, rmvb, wmv and other video files is available during downloading process.
- Quick Resume. Stopped download tasks can be resumed from where they left off from both HTTP and FTP servers.
- Multi-Mirror download. Automatically finds mirror servers for the downloading file. Downloads data from these servers at the same time and increases download speed 300% or more.
- Multi-Section download. Files are split into several sections which are downloaded at the same time to increase the download speed up to 500% or more.
- Multi-Language Support. Multi-language web pages and encoded URLs can be correctly handled.
Download Management – Customization Available
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Bandwidth Scheduler
- Custom-built Categories Management.
Changes in BitComet 1.92 (2022-07-18):
- GUI Improve: add toolbar to the Graph pane. Add torrent list data to memory usage graph
- GUI Improve: set the main window to foreground if BitComet already running when open BitComet from browser extension
- GUI Improve: when install Firefox extension in installer, open the plugin web in Firefox even if it’s not the default browser
- GUI Improve: add task logs, metadata download and reserved regions to memory usage graph
- GUI Improve: save the options of flow graphs
- GUI Improve: add the size of reserved memory regions to Statistics pane
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: bittorrent.multi_peers_same_ip, allow multiple peers connected from same IP by default
- GUI Improve: refine the reason why the peer is banned
- GUI Improve: optimize the operation of BT tasks with huge number of files
- GUI Bugfix: should not show the task finish notification if the tray ballon disabled in the context menu of tray icon
- Core Improve: improve program crash error reporting
- Core Bugfix: when the number of metadata caches is large, the number of downloaded metadata displayed in the left favorites is inaccurate
- Core Bugfix: when DHT is turned off, the task stops early when downloading the metadata of magnet link only from the peers returned from trackers
Changes in BitComet 1.91 (2022-07-04):
- GUI Improve: new option in HTTP task properties dialog: send custom HTTP headers to mirror addresses
- GUI Improve: new option in add HTTP task page of Remote Download: send custom HTTP headers to mirror addresses
- GUI Improve: add RSS feeds option in export and import dialog
- GUI Improve: display metadata cache info in Statistics pane
- GUI Improve: supports custom_headers_for_mirrors parameter in BC link
- GUI Improve: new peers banned reason in the BT task peer list: connection_limit
- GUI Improve: new button in integration page of Option dialog: Install Edge Extension
- GUI Bugfix: the file list below the torrent list supports non-utf8 encoded non-standard torrent files
- GUI Bugfix: snapshot icon should be displayed in torrent list for all torrents knowing infohash
- GUI Bugfix: the metadata status in torrent list is not always accurate
- GUI Bugfix: during the sorting of the torrent list, setting search keywords has no effect
- GUI Bugfix: after adding a task, the selected status of the task tag in the left favorites bar is lost
- Core Improve: remove the passkey parameter in tracker URL when save private torrent from Magnet Link to Torrent History
- Core Improve: new BitComet Extension for Edge
- Core Improve: update BitComet Extension for Firefox
- Core Improve: reduce the waiting time to initiate a connection after receiving a new peer
- Core Improve: when copying the magnet link of a private torrent, remove the passkey parameter in the tracker link
- Core Bugfix: abnormal data may cause memory access violation in IP2Location module
Changes in BitComet 1.90 (2022-06-12):
- GUI Improve: file names in torrent can be renamed in task properties dialog when task stopped
- GUI Improve: file names in torrent can be renamed in file list pane when task stopped
- GUI Improve: add advanced option: http.max_mirror_count
- GUI Improve: add advanced option: ui.show_all_tasks_after_add_task
- GUI Improve: the file list below torrent list supports torrent v2
- GUI Improve: when display the files below torrent list, auto update missing information for this torrent
- GUI Bugfix: when the peer list is sorted by client type, the banned peers have no effect
- GUI Bugfix: there is a a blank line in the save directory drop-down box of BT task properties dialog
- Core Improve: limit the length of data received from the HTTP tracker
- Core Bugfix: some information not updated for RSS torrents
- Core Bugfix: improve stability of downloading from Long-Term Seeds
Changes in BitComet 1.89 (2022-06-01):
- GUI Improve: support multiple update URLs for trackerslist in Tracker page of option window
- GUI Improve: torrent size estimation supports torrent v2
- GUI Improve: improve the condition to show the enable DHT prompt for magnet URI
- GUI Bugfix: should not display the task properties dialog after creating a new torrent file
- Core Improve: improve crash report
- Core Bugfix: bug when downloading torrent v2 larger than 4GB
- Core Bugfix: advanced option bittorrent.enable_v1_upgrade_to_v2 does not work
Homepage – https://www.bitcomet.com
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32-bit, 64-bit).
- Android 7.0 or later
Size: 23.5 MB