avast Mobile Security is a full-featured Antivirus and Anti-Theft security for your Android phone. Protect personal data with automatic virus scans and infected-URL alerts.
Stop hackers by adding a firewall (rooted phones). Control anti-theft features with remote SMS commands. Such as history wipe, phone lock, siren activation, GPS tracking, audio monitoring, and many other useful tools.
Your ‘invisible’ app hides itself, making it extremely hard for thieves to find and disable. A standalone yet tightly integrated component of avast Mobile Security, avast Anti-Theft is the slyest component on the market.
Formerly known as Theft Aware, the Anti-Theft portion of avast Mobile Security has been recommended by leading industry experts such as T-Mobile, N-TV, AndroidPIT, and Android Police.
With more than 100 million installs, avast Mobile Security and Antivirus provides much more than just antivirus. Here’s a sample of some of the other features packed into this lightweight app:
- Antivirus Engine
- Virus Cleaner
- App Lock
- App Insights
- Call Blocker (for Android 8.1 and older)
- Photo Vault
- VPN (virtual private network)
- Power Save
- Privacy Permissions
- Firewall (for rooted Android only)
- RAM Boost
- Junk Cleaner
- Web Shield
- Wi-Fi Security
- Wi-Fi Speed Test
avast Mobile Security provides several features not currently found in other leading products. Privacy reports, Call/SMS filtering, an Application Manager, and several remote options help avast! Mobile Security to rank ahead of other products in terms of real security, total control, and most importantly… user satisfaction.
avast Mobile Security Features:
- Antivirus Engine: Virus and malware scanner automatically scans for infected/dangerous apps and Trojans upon first use. Includes Web and file scanning for complete mobile protection, and also protects against spyware and viruses.
- App Permissions: Provides insights about installed apps and helps you understand your apps’ access rights, ad network integrations, and permissions.
- Call Blocker: Keep your privacy. Add phone numbers to your blacklist and block callers you don’t want contacting you.
- Web Shield: Scans and blocks malware-infected links, as well as trojans, adware, and spyware (for privacy and safe Web browsing, e.g. Chrome) and also fixes mistyped URLs.
- Wifi Security: Check the security of each network and email, browse and make payments wherever you are.
- Photo Vault allows you to protect access to your photos with a PIN code. After moving photos to the Vault, they are encrypted and hidden.
- Power Save reduces your device’s battery consumption by adjusting set of settings such as the Wi-Fi, synchronization, Bluetooth and screen settings that drain your battery the most.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.41.1:
- Improved malware removal — Some forms of malware are really sneaky and protect themselves from being uninstalled. So we’ve updated our app to now force-uninstall these threats with a few quick taps. (Don’t worry, you’re still in control. We’ll never remove anything unless you allow it)
- Junk Clean notifications fixed — We’ve fixed a bug in Junk Clean that spammed you with notifications throughout the day. (Thanks to everyone for reporting this!)
- Find help even if you’re offline
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.40.2:
- Web Shield fixes — Does your Web Shield keep getting disabled? Now we know why! We’ll help you fix this by explaining how to exclude our app from your phone’s battery-saving features
- New App Lock search — Looking for an app to lock? Just tap the new search icon in App Lock to easily search through all your installed apps
- Better stability — Just the usual stability improvements to keep your app working like it should
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.39.5:
- Improved My Statistics — Now you can also see the number of private data leaks we’ve resolved for you in the past 30 days
- General maintenance — Your app stability and performance get better and better with each new release
- Don’t forget Hack Alerts — In our last release, we introduced this free feature to warn you if any passwords linked to your email address were leaked
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.38.2:
- Introducing Hack Alerts — This free feature will warn you if any passwords linked to your email address were compromised in a hack or a leak. (Simply turn it on within the app)
- Junk Clean is working again — We’ve fixed a bug that sometimes caused Junk Clean to freeze up. (Thanks for reporting this, everyone. If you find any other bugs, please report them via Settings > Help & Feedback.)
- Other improvements — Just the usual tweaks to keep your antivirus going strong.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.37.0:
- Minor bug fixes and accessibility improvements to keep your antivirus going strong.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.36.2:
- Better accessibility — We now work better with Android’s accessibility features
- App Lock fix — Apps protected by App Lock will no longer unlock themselves
- Wi-Fi Scan fix — We’ve fixed a few small UI issues with the Wi-Fi Scan screen
- Android 11 fixes — We now play nicer with devices running Android 11
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.35.2:
- Bug stomping — Just the usual bug fixes that keep your antivirus going strong
- Beta program — Try out new features before anyone else by going to Settings > App > Join our beta program
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.34.3:
- Safer Wi-Fi connections. We can now detect even more Wi-Fi threats, like man-in-the-middle attacks, SSL stripping, HTTP injections, and other nasties
- New My statistics section. See how we’ve been protecting you, from the total threats we’ve caught to the total apps and files we’ve scanned and more
- Scan system apps. Our scans now include system apps so we’ll warn you if anything malicious was pre-installed on your phone — and tell you how to deactivate it
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.33.0:
- Stalkerware detection. Think someone is spying on you? We’ll now warn you if any apps are secretly tracking your activities and/or location
- Wi-Fi Network alerts. When you connect to a new Wi-Fi network, we’ll offer to scan it for potential threats
- Improved Activity Log. Junk Cleaner and RAM Booster actions are now also logged so you can see when they happened
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.32.3:
- For better peace of mind, we now tell you that safe apps are OK to open after installation.
- The My Subscription section is now easier to navigate.
- Added a dark theme – Switch between light and dark themes in your menu.
- Added the ability to update Avast Mobile Security directly from the app itself.
- Added the ability to sort your photos in Photo Vault by date.
- Made our app smaller and lighter so it takes up less space on your phone.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.31.0:
- Fixed a few Photo Vault and App Lock bugs thanks to your feedback (keep that feedback coming!)
- The My Subscription section is now easier to navigate
- The interface received a few small improvements
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.30.1:
- Stability and bug fixes to improve overall experience and app’s performance.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.29.1:
- Small interface optimizations (hey, we’re perfectionists!)
- Stability and bug fixes to improve overall performance
- Added a dark theme – Switch between light and dark themes in your menu
- Added the ability to update Avast Mobile Security directly from the app itself
- Added the ability to clear your command history in Anti-Theft
- Added the ability to sort your photos in Photo Vault by date
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.28.1:
- Refresh of app’s interface
- Dark Theme – Do you prefer dark colors? Go to menu or settings and switch between dark and light color schemes. Let us know which one do you prefer!
- Now you can remove the history of commands in Anti-Theft.
- Sort photos in Photo Vault by date
- Fixes of reported bugs
- Stability improvements
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.27.3:
- Bug fixes
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.27.2:
- Our app now takes up less space on your device
- We gave our VPN a major update for better stability
- Restoring purchases from your “My Subscriptions” menu is easier
- We improved performance and stability throughout the app
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.26.4:
- Minor bug fixes and app performance improvements.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.26.2:
- The annoying bug triggering “Your Wi-Fi may be risky” notification too frequently has been fixed.
- Various minor bug fixes and app performance improvements.
- Further Android 10 compatibility fixes.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.25.3:
- Fixing issue the unlocking pattern recognition issue which was introduced in the previous release. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Other major bug fixes and localization improvements.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.25.2:
- Couple of UI improvements,
- Android 10 compatibility fixes
- Ccouple of bug fixes.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.24.1:
- Now you can update Avast Mobile Security directly from the app itself. No need to visit Google Play!
- Stability and bug fixes to improve overall performance
- Improved support for Android 10
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.23.9:
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Changes in avast Mobile Security 6.23.8:
- Bug fixes and major stability improvements.
- Now you can quickly scan your phone or boost its RAM – just hold the app icon and take the desired action. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Homepage – https://www.avast.com
Supported Operating Systems: Android 5.0 and later
Size: 36.7 MB